As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So no one's interested in running a Phalla with me? I'm crushed. :(

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    People don't check this thread daily, Primus.

Give it time, you have plenty of it. :P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Plus, it's not as though you have to find a cohost right away, with well over a year to wait.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well maybe I can get a cohost who is on the list already but doesn't have a theme, and then I won't have to wait so long hmmm?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sorry for the long delays.
    School kicked my ass, also dramalol.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I could host a game with you DP, but the time zones might be a problem.

I guess I should cohost a game with Gumpy for maximum compatibility.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Okay, who wants to run a Phalla with me?

I'm going to be doing another one like Court of King Phallis, only this time it's bigger badder and better. I'm talking a 40 person game with the same wonderful bidding mechanics, but with lots of other stuff added.

Not too familiar with the setting(?), but I'm willing to help out.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I could host a game with you DP, but the time zones might be a problem.

I guess I should cohost a game with Gumpy for maximum compatibility.

If you want to then why the hell not

Hi5

Gumpy on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    what time zone?

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sign-ups for The Book of Relic, miniphalla hosted by TheLawinator and myself, are now open.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Okay, who wants to run a Phalla with me?

I'm going to be doing another one like Court of King Phallis, only this time it's bigger badder and better. I'm talking a 40 person game with the same wonderful bidding mechanics, but with lots of other stuff added.

Not too familiar with the setting(?), but I'm willing to help out.

There's a link to the original Court of King Phallis in the OP, if you want to look it over. I'll be on AIM later tonight if you want to talk about it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If some one wants to write narration for a zombie mini let me know. The more horror you can bring the better.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    !sign me up for hosting another Phalla. Still in the talks about having someone run it with me.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm going to need help with mechanics for a very secret mini.

Toss me a PM if you're interested.

Note: thinking outside of the box will be necessary.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm going to need help with mechanics for a very secret mini.

Toss me a PM if you're interested.

Note: thinking outside of the box will be necessary.

I like secrets!

Green on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Great. Hop on AIM if you can.

There may be some 'required playing' involved - but it won't take long. :P

(screen name is HylianB)

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hrmm, I'm trying to decide on a theme, what would people like more: a Metropolis (the animated version) theme, or a Killer 7 theme?

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hrmm, I'm trying to decide on a theme, what would people like more: a Metropolis (the animated version) theme, or a Killer 7 theme?
    metropolis_screen_w500px.jpg

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Metroporisu was mostly cool because of its awesome art style. <3 There is a phalla in there, but it would be kind of a difficult theme.

Dibs on the garbage robot, by the way.

Aldo on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Killer7. Must be Killer7.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'd kind of like to initiate a vote on this, but I'm not quite sure if that should be done here...

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, Killer 7 would be fantastic

Qorzm on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Eh, actually I'll just do it this way: I'll Sign up! for hosting again. The next theme of mine will be Killer 7.

I've already got a good amount of rule ideas floating around for the Metropolis one. Speaking of that, I wonder if Mr. Paku has gotten around to watching that yet...

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Eh, actually I'll just do it this way: I'll Sign up! for hosting again. The next theme of mine will be Killer 7.

I've already got a good amount of rule ideas floating around for the Metropolis one. Speaking of that, I wonder if Mr. Paku has gotten around to watching that yet...

You're already on the list.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    No, I mean sign me up for another one at the end of the list too.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Preeeeetty sure you can only be on the list once, the exception being when you're currently running a game and on the bottom too.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh ok. Wasn't quite sure of that or not. I know it's one of the lists that you can be on there more than once if you liked, wasn't sure if it was the mini one or that one.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    There is no mini list as far as I can recall. With regards to a killer 7, I would recommend throwing in some of the No More Heroes powers as well. Yes, different themes, but you must admit those powers were particularly awesome.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Maybe combine the two; Killer7 Metropolis.

Don't ask me how that'd work.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hrmm, it's hard to say. The rules I've got in mind for Metropolis is more of an opposing factions sort of game, with a vote kill every night. I'm thinking Killer 7 might lend itself a little easier to a more classic phalla setup.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm on a Blizzard binge at the moment, so if you could change my phalla to a Starcraft or Warcraft theme (I'll decide later) that would kick ass.

I'm also going to work on a Diablo mini.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm on a Blizzard binge at the moment, so if you could change my phalla to a Starcraft or Warcraft theme (I'll decide later) that would kick ass.

You are the Warrior.

Once a night, you may CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

Green on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The world mini is having its themes to SUPER ROBOT MINI

Just to remind people that I'm somewhere in the running a mini list

Sweet Edit: Like Time Travel Mini, I ask that anyone who has any type of Mech they want featured they should PM me. Must be pilotable.

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Oh man, a phalla where there's 40 players stuck in Molten Core fighting over phat loot would be hilarious.

Aldo on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Aldo wrote: »

Oh man, a phalla where there's 40 players stuck in Molten Core fighting over phat loot would be hilarious.

Every night, you may !vote for the person to be master looter for the current boss, distributing one piece of tier 1 loot. You may also !vote for a person to boot from the group because they want to ninja loot your stuff.

Ah, the memories...

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    El Skid wrote: »
    Every night, you may !vote for the person to be master looter for the current boss, distributing one piece of tier 1 loot. You may also !vote for a person to boot from the group because they want to ninja loot your stuff.

Ah, the memories...
    I was thinking more slasher movie like.

The raid leader has had it with this bunch of wankers, every week they try to kill all bosses under 2 hours, yet it always takes them half an hour longer, getting him in trouble with his mother. In an attempt to motivate people more he uses his magical computer skills to hook up all raid members to a device that gives them electronic shocks every time they die by a mob.

However! In a freak accident FFA PvP is enabled in instances and the raid leader did not take this into account. If someone dies by another player the electric shock will be so large they die. The raid leader believes that his raid is strong good enough to continue playing and gosh darnit tonight he is going to get his Legendary hammer.

Due to Murphy's Law there are also ninja looters in the group tonight. No one knows how it happens and quite frankly, this is a cheesy Phalla, fuck reality. In an attempt to get rid of the ninja looters the players vote on who they're going to PvP kill every 30 minutes (1day in Phalla). Let's just hope no one gets lost and dies by the hand of the ninja looters or one of the more vigilantesque raid members.

Why don't people just log off, taking only a painful electric shock instead of possible death? EPIXX D00D!!!

Aldo on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Epixx are totally worth risking death.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    A more modern version could be an Alterac Valley phalla, where there are two competing villager factions (Horde and Alliance) and the mafia (Leechers and bots, who kill people by making them so frustrated they quit).

It's weird that there hasn't been a WoW phalla to be honest. I had a concept in mind a year or so ago, where a Horde village needs to weed out C'Thun worshippers and Twilight cultists, but never went ahead with.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    And here's something I've been thinking about for a while. I might run it in the Writer's Block if the mods over there approve, but I'll bring it up here first.

A micro-phalla of maybe 10 players, using pretty basic mafia rules and no specials, so it would last 5 days, but I might make each game day last (up to) 48 hours. The theme would be something that fosters creative writing, no idea about that yet. The focus would be on narration and roleplaying, kind of collaborative storytelling. You'd be required to vote each day, and your vote post would be written in the form of narration that fits in what the GM and the other players have written so far (it doesn't have to be a perfect fit, we'd edit the whole thing in the end). You could be pretty much as creative as you like, no need to role-play a specific character every time you post, and players would be encouraged to post bits of flavor text whenever they like.

Retractions would not be allowed. As soon as the monsters have sent in their actions (in the form of a piece of narration in PM) and everyone has voted, the day would immediately end, so the end of the day deadline would only be applied if somebody fails to post. In the end we'd try to edit everything and see if we can turn the phalla into a coherent story with a unified style. So it'd be a cross between a writing exercsise and a phalla. I wonder if anyone would be interested in doing something like this?

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    A more modern version could be an Alterac Valley phalla, where there are two competing villager factions (Horde and Alliance) and the mafia (Leechers and bots, who kill people by making them so frustrated they quit).

It's weird that there hasn't been a WoW phalla to be honest. I had a concept in mind a year or so ago, where a Horde village needs to weed out C'Thun worshippers and Twilight cultists, but never went ahead with.

MMPRPG is going to have some very obvious WoW-like elemtns in it, as it's going to be a satire on MMORPGs in general :D

But I'm number 12 or 14 or some on the list, and it's not going to be strictly WoW, so much as MMO.

Rend on
This discussion has been closed.