As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Night Watch Phalla] - Dark Ones - Game Over: Dark Ones Win!

1222324252628»

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Yeah, Level 6's were sort of gimped, since they couldn't do anything in the Twilight.

Just out of curiosity, what were the ratios between levels? I was level 5, and I hit pretty much everyone I targeted in Twlight Level 1.

If you look on the first page of the Spreadsheet, you can see the distribution of roles and power levels. The overall chart looks something like this, however:

Power - Number
    Great One - 1
    Level 1 - 2
    Level 2 - 3
    Level 3 - 5
    Level 4 - 6
    Level 5 - 8
    Level 6 - 10

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Yeah, Level 6's were sort of gimped, since they couldn't do anything in the Twilight.

Just out of curiosity, what were the ratios between levels? I was level 5, and I hit pretty much everyone I targeted in Twlight Level 1.

If you look on the first page of the Spreadsheet, you can see the distribution of roles and power levels. The overall chart looks something like this, however:

Power - Number
    Great One - 1
    Level 1 - 2
    Level 2 - 3
    Level 3 - 5
    Level 4 - 6
    Level 5 - 8
    Level 6 - 10
    It's good to know that 10 people sucked. Lvl 6's didn't have much to do.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'd unlock the boards but I don't have the power to do so.

lonelyahava on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Did any one unlock the dark boards?

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Apologies, I hate my schedule

My director decided not to give me my schedule for the week until monday. 6 hour practices every day, plus school equals no real time for phalla

so uh

yeah

:(

go ahead and grudge me, I don't really care because I probably deserve it

it wasn't that I didn't care, I really cared about this phalla, but I didn't have any time for it

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
    edited May 2008
    Also I never got a trade request from FreeAgent, and I accepted the one from fembot

• FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That sucks, Zot

Some people were mentioning you had a full PM box, possibly you didn't get FA's, but I didn't get the accept one from you :/

oh well, it's not like anyone died IRL because of some Phalla business

yet

Fembot on
    edited May 2008
    I sent an accept one to maxim, I'm certain of it

my pm box fills up really quickly

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Whoever was attacking me almost killed me.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The game was fun.

Lady Eri on
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    The game was fun.

So, what made your equation include me? I'm dying of curiosity here.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

Yeah, someone did. Still would like to see the dark fanatic boards, though :(

Fembot on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    Fembot wrote: »
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

Yeah, someone did. Still would like to see the dark fanatic boards, though :(

It was just one big clusterfuck on what to do about Lady Eri.

Unknown User on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well hello there.

So glad my internet finally returned just in time for the end of the game. Actually, not even just in time for that; a day later!

This week has been perhaps one of the most frustrating ones of my life. First of all, I want to apologize to everybody, because I was very excited about writing the narrations for this phalla, and from what I heard many of you were excited about it as well. It was completely unfair to everybody involved in this (especially MrBlarney, who is practically a god by the way), and I'm sorry this ridiculousness had to occur at this exact time.

I'm not sure how much MrBlarney has told you, here or elsewhere, about my internet troubles, but suffice to say that I was unable to access the internet in any form for the past week, barring a very brief spurt sometime in the middle of the week where I was able to update MrBlarney on my situation. My connection issues began, interestingly enough, on the night this phalla went live. Over the course of that weekend, I had two different technicians come out and "fix" the problem. After losing my connection completely (and discovering that all the wireless access points in the area are encrypted goddammit), I called in a third technician, who informed me that the issue was likely with the wiring leading to the complex in which I live, since apparently other people in this complex have been complaining about the same thing. As a result, the technician said they'd have to replace all of that wiring. I'm not entirely sure what this entails, but it sounds like it's a huge project. Needless to say, my ISP provider (who shall remain nameless, although I will mention that they are a cable company whose name rhymes with StimePwarner) isn't exactly super excited to conduct this particular repair job. They said they'd have it done by today, so hopefully this connection is permanent, but I wouldn't be surprised if the project got put off a little.

If it makes any of you feel any better, my home phone uses the internet lines as well, so nobody's been able to call me for the past week. Why is this significant? I went to a job fair the Wednesday and Thursday before this phalla started, and sent several resumes and cover letters to various companies afterwards, upon which my home phone number is the only contact number. Fortunately, my mother has been able to check the e-mail address I put on the resume, but nobody's responded to that so far. So yeah, there's a decent possibility somebody tried to call me and was unable to get me, and maybe gave on me, so yay for that. In addition, I've been without [chat], phalla, or my regular e-mail for that week, so things haven't exactly been sunshine and rainbows on this end either.

In any case, that's the deal with me for the past week. Some of you may be angry with me, which is understandable, but I hope you understand that I was completely unable to do anything about this situation besides make angry phone calls to PrimeStarner (*cough*) and bang my head against the wall. As for narrations, I have a couple of options. Basically, I'm extremely miffed that I wasn't able to narrate this as it was going on, because I was planning on revealing some things in the narration that might have changed your actions in some ways. As such, I have nebulous plans for running this game again in some capacity, since it doesn't really depend on "hidden mechanics" that much. However, doing this would mean that the basic plot flow I have in mind would be revealed, ruining narration in any future iteration of this game. Thus, I have a few options for you; let me know what you'd like best:

1) Finish up the narrations for the whole phalla in short-story form and post that
    2) Reveal nothing and hold onto what I have in case I can run this again
    3) Kill myself

So yeah, there it is. I wanted to make sure I make a big deal about how awesome MrBlarney was throughout this; he basically saved this phalla from becoming a complete disaster. From what I hear, the game itself actually went fairly well, aside from MrBlarney having to do all of the work for the whole week. Thus, a major apology to MrBlarney, and extreme gratitude for his role in keeping this phalla afloat.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm unforgiving and choose option 3.
    That really sucks VH, I'm doing Job Fair shit too and whenever somebody's half-way interested in you, they're more likely to call you over emailing you. Granted, in the IT industry, it's more like they email you to call them, or just ask when you're available to be called. Usually these places like to call and email you on Mondays, so if your internet was up by this morning and you didn't get anything, I wouldn't stress over missing something.

As far as lack of internet goes, that's just terrible. I hope your ISP gets the job done right.

Obbi on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    I'm unforgiving and choose option 3.
    That really sucks VH, I'm doing Job Fair shit too and whenever somebody's half-way interested in you, they're more likely to call you over emailing you. Granted, in the IT industry, it's more like they email you to call them, or just ask when you're available to be called. Usually these places like to call and email you on Mondays, so if your internet was up by this morning and you didn't get anything, I wouldn't stress over missing something.

As far as lack of internet goes, that's just terrible. I hope your ISP gets the job done right.

Well, I mailed/e-mailed all this stuff last weekend, so they've had a whole week to call me.

I hope you're right though, because there were some people there who were definitely interested in me, and I could certainly live on 40-50K/year coming right out of college...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited May 2008
    I'm still going to college, I've been in it for 2-years and a lot of companies don't accept Associate-level degrees.

but I still get calls for shit for entry-level. The only problem is they still want more work experience in the field and I'm like "The fuck do you call it entry-level for then you assfaggots" which generally loses my chance at getting the job.

Obbi on
    edited May 2008
    I'm still going to college, I've been in it for 2-years and a lot of companies don't accept Associate-level degrees.

but I still get calls for shit for entry-level. The only problem is they still want more work experience in the field and I'm like "The fuck do you call it entry-level for then you assfaggots" which generally loses my chance at getting the job.

I'd say you're probably turning them off with your use of italics when you talk. If you could break yourself of that habit, I'd say you'd be a-okay.

...isn't "assfaggot" redundant? I mean, I guess if it's a woman it wouldn't be...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited May 2008
    It is totally not redundant!

I dunno, I'm sure something will come up eventually, either soon or when I graduate. Either companies are looking for a bit of experience or a full degree.

I hate business.

Obbi on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I hate to say it, but Obbi is correct in the matter. "Assfaggot" is not inherently redundant, though it can be construed as such. Sucks about the whole job thing VH. Hopefully, the case is simply that no one has tried to get a hold of you yet, and will do soon.

And I would actually go with option 2. You never know when that sort of thing might come in useful. Hell, you could always just reveal your narrations in a series of Night Watch minis. Or maybe not, but it's something to consider.

If it makes you feel any better, this phalla and all the talk prompted me to purchase the book today. Granted, I wasn't there specifically for it (I was actually looking to see if they had a MUD game programming book (not to buy, so much as peruse)), but when I saw it lying on a table, I knew what I had to do.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008
    I'm always correct in all matters.

Job Fairs generally turn up poor for me. Best thing I ever get are "Hey we got your resume from you at that job fair, if you're interested in working for us check our website for job openings, retard!"

so yeah, basically it's Monster and Indeed for me.

Obbi on
  • JoschuaESQJoschuaESQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    VH - Glad you're ALIVE.
    Was worried about ya. This phalla was so much fun. Here's a suggestion - If you're up for it - > You have the benefit of knowing most of what went on at this point - don't blow your awesome narrations, but come up with a neat and (you can keep it rather short if time is an issue) phalla recap - with whatever juice you feel like throwing in to spice up the kaka we did. And good lord, the kaka was rickrolled in. I tell you what, I've been reading all the backboards and stuff and there is so much going on, this is like a Nightwatch book, it's hilariously awesome.
    Frost, I owe you a clean shot at my back next time :(

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I agree, a recap narration would be awesome.

Also, I for one am not pissed off at you at all, VH, despite all my 'visiblesax' remarks. I thought it ended up being a very interesting game despite all our misfortunes with the Phalla ban and your internets. I just found it hilariously ironic that you of all people would end up being compared to fencingsax. "He who fights with monsters..."

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I thought we'd agreed upon fencinghowl.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I certainly haven't agreed to anything. I'm still firmly a proponent of howlingsax.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I approve this product and/or service.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008
    A recap would be capital, pip pip!

Fembot on
  • Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I also concur that a concise narration would be most joyous.

Pip pip, tut tut.

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think a final, longer narration would put everything right.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'll forgive you your sins if you give me the worst death phalla has ever seen.

Seriously on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nothing can ever top the death from the Oregon Trail Phalla.

You know which death I'm talking about.

Oats on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    so yeah, basically it's Monster and Indeed for me.

It's not what you know.

It's not even who you know.

It's who you blow.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oatway wrote: »
    Nothing can ever top the death from the Oregon Trail Phalla.

You know which death I'm talking about.

MY TERMS STAND

Seriously on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    recap

Unknown User on