As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I need to HACK and I need to SLASH!

• Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I just bought Titan Quest Gold on Steam.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It's a good game. The skill trees and attacks aren't quite as visceral (compared to D2), but the story is quite a bit better written and acted (well, up to... half-way through Egypt, I think. I fell off the bandwagon a while ago and haven't played it in a while. More's the pity).

Tamin on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »
    Doronron wrote: »
    What ever happened to Sacred 2? I remember seeing pics for it over a year ago, and then that it was going to come out for PC and XB360, and now nothing. I hope it didn't evaporate. Scared was good fun, though they nerfed my charcter a few patches in. (Vampiress, unlimited zombies ftw).

As far as I know, it's still on track for a September release. I think the Battle Mage was my preferred class in Sacred, though it was fun running around as a Saraphim dual wielding 'sabers of light'. Gladiator boxers were also kind of fun.

It still has lots of updates. The latest was only a few days ago. Blind Guardian is making music exclusively for the game, too. :D

I liked the Battle Mage a lot, too, but that vampire class was sweet, as well. Come night you'd transform and then claw the fuck out of everything. That's one thing you can give to Sacred, they had cool classes, and cool armor and weapon sets to go with them.
    I bought Sacred Gold a while ago and I'm having a blast with it, so I can't recomend it enough. Quick question for the Sacred veterans: Could you help me with my Battlemage build? I'm not sure whether I should go primarily Fire or Ice.

Ice Shard Mage. The skill launches ice shards in every direction. It's absolutely brutal once you keep leveling it up. It's almost cheap, actually. There should be some guides up for it. It may end up being too easy, however, so unless you want to be a walking god, you may not want to use that build. :P

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So I just finished the demo portion of Titan Quest again, except this time in the full game. I'm wondering, do I ever travel to any grand city? Or do I go from camp to camp, completing quests?

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I've been taking a look at Sacred, and noticed a whole bunch of versions: Sacred Gold, Sacred Underworld, Sacred Plus. Which does one buy? Can it be purchased online?

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I see Sacred 2 is supposed to be getting a 360 release...this exites me as BG: DA was one of my favourite xbox games and Diablo 2 one of my favourite PC games, so roll on that supposed release.

Edit: sounds noice...

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/sacred2fallenangel/news.html?sid=6186508&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;2

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Teriferin wrote: »
    I've been taking a look at Sacred, and noticed a whole bunch of versions: Sacred Gold, Sacred Underworld, Sacred Plus. Which does one buy? Can it be purchased online?
    Sacred Plus= Original game with a few patches and extra loot and quests added.

Sacred Underworld= Expansion pack for the original Sacred, which features two new classes and a new campaign that takes place after the ending of the original game.

Sacred Gold= Sacred Plus+Underworld.

In short, get Sacred Gold.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Doronron wrote: »
    What ever happened to Sacred 2? I remember seeing pics for it over a year ago, and then that it was going to come out for PC and XB360, and now nothing. I hope it didn't evaporate. Scared was good fun, though they nerfed my charcter a few patches in. (Vampiress, unlimited zombies ftw).

As far as I know, it's still on track for a September release. I think the Battle Mage was my preferred class in Sacred, though it was fun running around as a Saraphim dual wielding 'sabers of light'. Gladiator boxers were also kind of fun.

It still has lots of updates. The latest was only a few days ago. Blind Guardian is making music exclusively for the game, too. :D

I liked the Battle Mage a lot, too, but that vampire class was sweet, as well. Come night you'd transform and then claw the fuck out of everything. That's one thing you can give to Sacred, they had cool classes, and cool armor and weapon sets to go with them.
    I bought Sacred Gold a while ago and I'm having a blast with it, so I can't recomend it enough. Quick question for the Sacred veterans: Could you help me with my Battlemage build? I'm not sure whether I should go primarily Fire or Ice.

Ice Shard Mage. The skill launches ice shards in every direction. It's absolutely brutal once you keep leveling it up. It's almost cheap, actually. There should be some guides up for it. It may end up being too easy, however, so unless you want to be a walking god, you may not want to use that build. :P

It's been a while:

I always enjoyed a combination of Fireball and Lightning.

Doronron on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Regicid3 wrote: »
    So I just finished the demo portion of Titan Quest again, except this time in the full game. I'm wondering, do I ever travel to any grand city? Or do I go from camp to camp, completing quests?

Yeah, there're some grand, prettier cities. Lots of pillars and pools and period effects. Not really any functionally different, though.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Gina V wrote: »
    Too Human? Is it coming out soon?

August I believe.
    Looks pretty sweet.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah I did a big post on it, supposed to come out august 12th or 18th...I found different answers on different web pages. But there home page said nothing. Only a 360 release then though, I have a feeling a PC release is down the road. Also it looks sweet even though some people give it flak...mother fuckers

Dixon on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sigh... I hope Blizzard is working on Diablo 3 as we speak...

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Are there going to be any recurring in Titan Quest that I will come to know and love?

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    I see Sacred 2 is supposed to be getting a 360 release...this exites me as BG: DA was one of my favourite xbox games and Diablo 2 one of my favourite PC games, so roll on that supposed release.

Edit: sounds noice...

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/sacred2fallenangel/news.html?sid=6186508&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;2

I never saw that preview before. Awesome.

The impressive thing about the demo was when the dev showed off the sheer size of the world. We're talking about an area that's about 27 square miles in size, full of cities and villages, woods, mountains, deserts, and more. And delve beneath the surface and there are plenty of dungeons, sewers, and caves to explore. Here's where it gets really cool: The PC version will support up to 16-player cooperative gameplay, which means that you and 15 of your friends can wander around the world at the same time. (The Xbox 360 version will support only up to four players in co-op mode.) You don't even need to stick together; you can all be spread out miles from one another. It's like a very small-scale massively multiplayer online role-playing game in that regard. Whenever you play, even if you're playing single-player, the game is always online. That means that if your friend has the game and starts playing while you're playing, he can seamlessly drop in and out of your game if you want.

27 square miles, NPCs with schedules, and 16 player co-op! I can't wait! The originals world was huge, and with the expansion the side-quest count came to around 600. It was so fun to just roam the world with friends, going from town to town taking on side-quests. Sacred really is an unappreciated game in the genre.

Only four months to go for Sacred 2!

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Shifty_CalhounShifty_Calhoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I would like to put in a few asides:

1 I like witcher and would love it when I get a faster pc

2 I liked dungeon siege only for it having pack mules - why has it taken so long for an RPG to put them in?

3 A couple of questions: Has anyone played Savage 2? Whad did you think?

4 The Mythos beta invite was a great bonus for doing beta testing for HG:L. In my opinion Mythos is way better than HG:L.

Shifty_Calhoun on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I wish I could get an invite to Mythos.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm sure a short period after the next patch comes out, they'll want to stress out the servers. There's been no news as to whether it's coming out this week, but they were planning to launch last week. They found two memory-related bugs that were showstoppers, so assuming those get fixed in the next couple off days we should see a new Mythos patch this week.

devoir on
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dìrhael wrote: »
    So I decided to check out Hellgate again after the posts in this thread saying it was a much better game by now due to the updates. Well, that's only partially true. From a tech POV it most certainly is, but the SP campaign is still just as boring as it ever was. It's not so much the gameplay itself (outside of the copy/paste nature of a lot of the levels). It is the story and script that completely ruins the immersion for me. It's like they had a good idea for a story (the intro video is good and really made me want to play the game) but for some bizarre reason it’s like they decided that they wanted the characters from Wayne's World to write the dialogue…

This. The interface is also still just as bad as it ever was.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I would like to put in a few asides:

1 I like witcher and would love it when I get a faster pc

2 I liked dungeon siege only for it having pack mules - why has it taken so long for an RPG to put them in?

3 A couple of questions: Has anyone played Savage 2? Whad did you think?

4 The Mythos beta invite was a great bonus for doing beta testing for HG:L. In my opinion Mythos is way better than HG:L.

Witcher is awesome...unfortuantly I acutally lost my harddrive, as in don't know where I put it, when I was playing that game. Now this sucks and I have most stuff backed up but not the saves for this game, so I couldn't do it again, which sucks cause it's a great game. *note I just couldn't go through it again as thats the nature of my personality, it's rare I can watch a movie or play a game twice, the part up into which I played The Witcher were all awesome. also don't ask how I lost it

Dixon on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Are there going to be any recurring characters in Titan Quest that I will come to know and love?

I just noticed my error, haha.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Are there going to be any recurring characters in Titan Quest that I will come to know and love?

I just noticed my error, haha.

Don't think so. The story is very shallow and is really just an excuse to kill stuff.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Can somebody please recommend a good hack'n'slash game in the vein of Diablo?

Here are things I'm looking forever:

+ Story!
    + Pretty Graphics! (I would love to have something that takes advantage of my powerful PC)
    + Online Play (Hopefully, THRIVING?)
    + Good, solid game play (I guess this should be obvious! :D)

Please help, I have a craving and I need to satisfy.

!!!

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    If they existed, you'd already know about them.

devoir on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh, hey, Regi, if anyone in your crew has access to an Xbox 360, Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a pretty badass co-op game. It's basically X-Men Legends, if you've played that.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I own X-Men Legends.
    It's on Goozex. =(

I've enjoying myself in Titan Quest currently, I just wish there was more meat to the characters and story.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I keep trying to play Titan Quest. I just can't make myself do it. I got it and the exp on steam and I've tried a bunch of times to play but I quit almost immediately because I can't stand the art direction. I suppose I'd just rather play D2. It is a billion times better looking. I have a feeling one day I'll break past whatever is holding me back with Titan Quest and enjoy it but that day has not yet come. I have HGL and don't hate it as much as most but I don't really play it. I can say that I'd rather play HGL than TQ at this point. One thing that bothers me with HGL has more to do with my machine than the game. I get framerate drops during big fights and since I'm a blademaster most of my fights are big fights. I'll play some more HGL once I upgrade my computer but I continue to be drawn back to Diablo 2.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    See, I really can't get into D2 anymore. The poser art annoys me. The interface feels clunky and outdated, and I don't have a huge nostalgia rush for D2 like a lot of people do. After playing Mythos I can't really go back, it feels a lot better to me.

devoir on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The 3d art is pretty bad.

The interface, though? Its the benchmark that other games ripoff blatantly.

The graphics are still decent, too, and there's more content than the imitators.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    While they may have derived from D2's interface, it doesn't mean that there hasn't been progress made in improving it. It's like going back to playing Starcraft after you've played C&C3 or Supreme Commander.

I would argue that you're blinded by nostalgia in the content remark, too. Running Baal over and over and over again isn't content.

devoir on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    devoir wrote: »
    While they may have derived from D2's interface, it doesn't mean that there hasn't been progress made in improving it. It's like going back to playing Starcraft after you've played C&C3 or Supreme Commander.

There hasn't, that I've seen. Titan Quest uses literally the same thing, down to the icons.

Its not "derived", its lifted directly.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Inventory size, information on character sheet, etc. Two easy examples.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I love the art style in TQ, although I do yearn for a dark and dismal place. I can't wait until I get to Hades.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It's very... crystally.

devoir on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mythos is a pretty awesome game now that's it's gone from a WoW clone to a more Diablo clone (And it looks better and play better and and and....).

And there's going to be an overworld patch hitting soon. Can't wait.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Narian wrote: »
    Mythos is a pretty awesome game now that's it's gone from a WoW clone to a more Diablo clone (And it looks better and play better and and and....).

WoW clone? What game were you playing?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

An early Mythos build.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008

An early Mythos build.

I've been in since the Alpha, and I can say that I've never thought the game was like WoW.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

An early Mythos build.

I've been in since the Alpha, and I can say that I've never thought the game was like WoW.

Yeah, so far I've found the game much more exciting than WoW. The only thing that's WoWish is the artstyle and graphics, which are a total ripoff.

Asamof the Horrible on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I wanted to like Mythos, but I couldn't get into that either. I don't know what it was, but it felt so... Generic. Of course, it's probably because it is still in BETA, but I don't have high hopes for the final product (I say that so if it's even remotely good I may actually enjoy it then).

urahonky on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The 3d art is pretty bad.

The interface, though? Its the benchmark that other games ripoff blatantly.

The graphics are still decent, too, and there's more content than the imitators.

I guess that's where I disagree. I don't know what "poser" art is. I just know D2 looks great. I can't think of a game that looks better (ok possibly WOW). I think TQ, as far as I've gotten, looks like ass. That said, I don't want realism. I prefer a "comic book" look to some extent. I want the art to have some style and I think D2 has that in spades--er pentagrams.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck