As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-Pax Breakfast (Pike Place) NOW WITH PICS!

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    I thought the tour was only running Wednesday/Thursday

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm in...I'm going to need a good breakfast friday morning

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh, d'oh! Don't mind me. I lost track of days, thought this was happening on Thursday. I've got all my dates tangled. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Okay, FP is adjusted to include the meeting place corner of 6th and Pike. That sounded like a good place to meet. It's easy to find and a straight shot to Pike Place. Thanks Moe! Thanks also for the recommended avatar, but I'm just too jolly a guy for that scowl! :lol:

MR.T on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I also edited the FP to take out all that wishy washy "maybe" stuff. We be doing this. Oh yeah, it's on!

MR.T on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    a couple suggestions, double check that all the places on the list are open at 9am and serve breakfast. Also maybe find out what kind of food they have, although typically all breakfast is mostly the same, but if any place has any sort of breakfast specials, that might be good to know/. Additionally, a price range meter (from $ to $$$$$). To sort of give people a better idea of where they might want to eat based on their budgets as well as their taste buds.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Moe, I'll see what I can find out. I know they all serve breakfast since they were listed under "Breakfast Restaurants" on the website. People do work in Seattle so I assume they are open before work! :wink:

MR.T on
  • Options
    SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ive never been so excited about a breakfast Im going to have in three months.....

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Okay, I've done some reseach and updated my first post with some average costs. These are from review websites and may be a bit high for breakfast but they'll give you an idea. I also put some descriptions in for restaurants that had undescriptive names! :lol: There are some wonderful review sites around if anyone wants to hear more. All restaurants listed are open for breakfast by 9AM except the Crepe de France and Cafe Campagne which open at 10AM and 11AM respectively.

MR.T on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from our starting point to Pike Place?

MR.T on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Like 5 minutes

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Cool! Thanks Moe. I was just wondering what time it would be when we get there but it looks like almost all the places will be open. Except for those French places. I guess they don't see the virtue of rising early. Let them keep their crepes and lousy service! :x

MR.T on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Does anyone know what time people line up at PAX? Is there any reason to line up early?

MR.T on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    People will start lining up the day before. Those people are hardcore, but also nuts. As for reasoning, it's common sense, first in line, first on the floor. How important that is to each person is naturally relative. BYOC gets its own line, which is where I'll be if I don't get a blue badge this year. Damn those things are addictive.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MR.T wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from our starting point to Pike Place?

Also, if you're too lazy to walk 8 blocks there's always bus 49 on pine street. I don't think it's any faster than walking though.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    Frag MongerFrag Monger Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'd like to make it down for the breakfast, but I'll be up late for a pre-pax party on Thursday too, so no promises! lol

Pike Place is a good place to go though - something for everyone... and coffee Lots of coffee! lol

Frag Monger on
  • Options
    LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    haha this sounds like the place to be ^^ and also, last year i didn't get in line untill probably 10:30 or later and it still wasn't an issue to get in the door. I mean, the real action doesn't start until there are others to enjoy it with ~.^

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh good, I'm glad a fork from that thread turned into something useful! I think this might conflict with BYOC setup but if not, I'm totally in!

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Welcome Lyanth and Monkey Ball Warrior! You guys started this all. I hope you can make it!

MR.T on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    For those who are interested, I'm trying to make a list of pre-pax events on the FAQ Forum.

MR.T on
  • Options
    JokulhaupJokulhaup SeattleRegistered User new member
    edited May 2008
    Breakfast at the crumpet shop, and your daily donuts for the line to get in. This is a great Idea! Why didnt anyone think of this last year?

Jokulhaup on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Welcome Lyanth and Monkey Ball Warrior! You guys started this all. I hope you can make it!

>.>
    <.<
    >.>
    >.<

haha but yeah, i'm really excited to go along xD it'll be fun to wander around and eat with everyone :3

Lyanth on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I would love to do the Breakfast Run and the Party-Harty-'Til-The-Opening-Of-The-Doors Thursday night Party...but I will not come in the airport until 11:30ish in the morning on Friday.

Technically, I can come on Tuesday...but the Boyfriend cannot.

Damn you, Retail. Damn you to Hells.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I would love to do the Breakfast Run and the Party-Harty-'Til-The-Opening-Of-The-Doors Thursday night Party...but I will not come in the airport until 11:30ish in the morning on Friday.

Technically, I can come on Tuesday...but the Boyfriend cannot.

Damn you, Retail. Damn you to Hells.

its okay. there will be plenty of other parties and events to go to all PAX long, so no worries ^^b there will always be breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, which I'm thinking, depending on how tired/hungery/busy I am, i may just solo it on down to Pike Place again.

Top Ramen for breakfast = :/

Lyanth on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    hey guys, this will be my first pax too, and id love to try and join y'all for some delicious pre-pax breakfast!

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey, long time reader and 1 time PAX goer here.

I can go to the PAX breakfast run. If anyone staying up in Lake City (the northern part of it, mind you) I know how to get Downtown.

Just take the 41 all the way down. Or follow the glow, as I have read.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Or follow the glow, as I have read.

sooooo true. see you there ^^

Lyanth on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Anyone that can't make the 9AM starting time, feel free to meet up with us at the market. I'm sure some of us will still be hanging around! We shouldn't be too hard to spot what with the glow eminating from our group! :lol:

MR.T on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    yeah, come one people, this is PAX! like anything is going to be on a scrict "be there or be square" schedual.

just as long as you don't get lost, Pike Place will be there all weekend. I can almost guarantee it!

Lyanth on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Heck, if that button trading thing keeps growing like it it, we'll all be covered in buttons and, thus, easy to find!

MR.T on
  • Options
    Dionysos911Dionysos911 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hmm Pre-Pax breakfast sounds like a damn fine idea. I've lived in Seattle for nearly 8 months and have yet to eat at Pike Place.

Thought the Pre Pax bar hop may leave me with little sleep, but who really needs that.

Dionysos911 on
  • Options
    Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Exactly. All you need is a little coffee and some croissant, and your ready for a full days worth of PAX.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I think sleeping is pretty much abolished for the duration of PAX!

MR.T on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I think sleeping is pretty much abolished for the duration of PAX!

so if i accidentally sleep for 4 hours one night, i won't get shot or anything?

Lyanth on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You can sleep for four hours, but you have to spread it over the whole weekend.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If you sleep for four hours in a single night, well, the fun police come by.

The fun police carry bats.

The bats aren't very fun at all.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You don't fall asleep you just go comatose for a couple hours having crazy hallucinations that you might forget about when you recover.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Imperfect wrote: »

Sure they are.
    batman-at-the-table.jpg

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    redhalo wrote: »

Sure they are.
    batman-at-the-table.jpg

PIMP.

i wouldn't mind being woken up by that bat ever.

Lyanth on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Lyanth wrote: »
    redhalo wrote: »

Sure they are.
    batman-at-the-table.jpg

PIMP.

i wouldn't mind being woken up by that bat ever.

When I first saw the thumbnail, I thought he was at a bar of the alcoholic variety, it was much funnier then.

redhalo on
This discussion has been closed.