As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

License Access Error

aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
I purchased the Windows version of the game through Greenhouse earlier today, got my key, downloaded and installed the game without any problems whatsoever.

When I tried to unlock the full version, I get the following error:
LicenseAccessError.jpg

I've tried copying and pasting the entire serial, or just typing it out. Neither worked. I intend on contacting support@playgreenhouse.com as well, but just to cover all my bases, decided to post here as well.

aunsoph on

• Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    I get the same problem. I'm wondering if you also have Vista, as I do. I'm thinking there may be strange Vista voodoo that is causing the problem.

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    LightRider wrote: »
    I get the same problem. I'm wondering if you also have Vista, as I do. I'm thinking there may be strange Vista voodoo that is causing the problem.

I have Windows XP actually. More people seem to be having this problem, which is comforting I suppose.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    Matt!Matt! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If you arent already, use capital letters when typing out the key, I made that mistake.

Also make sure to post on the greenhouse/hothead forums as well.

Matt! on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm copying the serial directly from the Greenhouse website, under My Licenses. They're all capitals yeah.

Posted on the Greenhouse forums as well. They're supposedly working on a fix.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Is anyone else having this problem? I somehow find it hard to believe they're generating invalid license keys; I'm guessing there's either some broken code with the license validation or some elusive database error.

So... are any Hothead guys lurking around now? If there's any progress, it'd be nice to know about it. All I saw was a rather generic statement by the community manager in the Greenhouse forums.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Try copy and paste. I was having the same problem but copy and paste worked.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    (I'm Theon at the greenhouse forums)

Seems to have been some updates at the greenhouse forums now, appears as if it is a problem with non english versions of windows.

And I have tried copy pasting, began with copy pasting, actually.

Luiane on
    Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah. Seems like it's an incompatibility after all. Hopefully it won't take them too long to resolve this.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Having the same problem, error 21.

I must admit, I find it kind of ironic that Tycho and Gabe makes a game with anti-piracy features that block paying users from playing it, given Tychos statements about such things.

I am not angry or anything, I just find it funny.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Ok, so the license is accpted now. I don't know what changed, but played through all the way to the end and everything. Great game. I think the problem was just temporary somehow, probably server side...

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I got the error due to an ø in my account name, I made a new account to play the game, but it still won't work on my old account.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I doubt it has anything to do with copy protection, NATIK.

I'm still getting Error 21. It doesn't seem to be server-side in my case.

The game's just refusing to recognize the proper path in which it'd keep the preferences, saved games and most importantly, the license code. It never even creates the folders.

Also, my Windows' account has no umlauts, tildes or anything of the sort. It's just an Administrator account.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    For me it is the license registration only, it creates the folders but cannot register with localized characters in the path, therefore I had to create a secondary windows account to fix it. The installation of the game works, everything works, except for the registration when characters like ø,æ,å,ö and so forth are in the pathnames.

EDIT: Hothead have been informed btw and are working on a fix for that problem atleast, I am unsure whether yours is the same given I don't have it.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HH VladHH Vlad Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Two separate issues and we are working on temp fixes until we can update/patch. We know the cause of both now.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    ChokeholdChokehold Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I am experiencing this problem as well.
    Luiane pointed out that it seems to be an issue with non-English Windows, and I'm running a Swedish one, so I suspect this might be the culprit.

Will also send this issue to the HotHead/Greenhouse support mailbox.

Chokehold on
  • Options
    HH VladHH Vlad Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That is it exactly. We are testing our fix currently.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    ArenowArenow Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Phew, so it's not only me.

Same thing happens here, I must have tried twenty different ways to write the License Key. I'm using an spanish Windows XP, so that might be it.
    I'm glad to find out that Hothead is already working on it, it's frustrating to have the game and not be allowed to play!

Arenow on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HH JoelHH Joel Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    For those of you that experienced error 5 or error 21 when authorizing your license, download the update we just put on playgreenhouse.com today--it should fix the issue for you.

Joel

HH Joel on
  • Options
    ArenowArenow Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thanks for listening, Hothead. It works for real now. And it is, indeed, a very funny game!

Arenow on
    steam_sig.png