As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Robert Jordan isn't dead anymore

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Look I just wanted to imagine Rogue's womb utterly destroyed by a spine-covered infant, OK?

Abracadaniel on
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Smart Hero wrote:
    Look I just wanted to imagine Rogue's womb utterly destroyed by a spine-covered infant, OK?

That's why god made 4chan and SA. You know what to do.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • quazz4lifequazz4life Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jordyn wrote:
    But we've seen in the books that the children don't necessarily inherit their parents' powers, and the kid wouldn't get them til puberity anyway.

Which is true, yet you've already stated that the whole purpose of evolution is to evolve and procreate. so if the mother life-drains the child, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of evolution?
    Hence the child having the same or similar powers as the mother, and both negating each other so that each one can grow, strive and continue on the genetic chain.

quazz4life on
    Subsiste Sermonem Statim
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If we really wanted to give her an out, there's always Leech.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
    edited January 2007
    quazz4life wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    But we've seen in the books that the children don't necessarily inherit their parents' powers, and the kid wouldn't get them til puberity anyway.

Which is true, yet you've already stated that the whole purpose of evolution is to evolve and procreate. so if the mother life-drains the child, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of evolution?
    Hence the child having the same or similar powers as the mother, and both negating each other so that each one can grow, strive and continue on the genetic chain.

As I said before, mutation is a random process, and thus, not all mutations are beneficial in nature. The useful ones stick around in the gene pool, while those that inhibit survival and/or reproduction do not.

FCD on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    quazz4life wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Right, but then again, as Feri pointed out, maybe she's not supposed to pass on her genes. Maybe she was an evolutionary fuck-up.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That weapon X book by Tieri was the only X-book I have ever enjoyed.

DouglasDanger on
  • quazz4lifequazz4life Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jordyn wrote:
    Right, but then again, as Feri pointed out, maybe she's not supposed to pass on her genes. Maybe she was an evolutionary fuck-up.

Which could also be true.
    Too many variables in this one to determine a clear course.

quazz4life on
    Subsiste Sermonem Statim
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    that 198 shit is retarded

i hope the reset button is hit

(again)

and we get all of the mutants back

man i hate chamber

what an emo bitch asshole

kind of cool looking, but still an emo bitch asshole

DouglasDanger on
    edited January 2007
    Well this was fun.

I was thinking of bringing up Mystique or going to watch some more House. I'm probably gonna opt for House but here's a discussion point:

Could Mystique shift into a dude, jerk off into a cup, and get herself pregnant?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I hope they don't screw up the Iron Man movie. He may be a dick during the Civil War arc, but he's one of my favorite Marvel heroes.

t Jordyn: It would all depend if she just looks like a male, or if she actually changes her whole reproductive system in the process.

Another Mystique topic could be, if she is pregnant and shifts into a man, does she lose her baby?

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    edited January 2007
    I should watch more House, and probably Jordyn.

Abracadaniel on
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i read that is i should watch more house and also watch more jordyn and that was kind of creepy.

Kovak on
    edited January 2007
    i read that is i should watch more house and also watch more jordyn and that was kind of creepy.

So did I, after posting it.

Abracadaniel on
    edited January 2007
    Smart Hero wrote:

Maybe one day I'll drive up there and watch Fram, I mean Jordyn. Yeah...

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    edited January 2007
    Jordyn wrote:
    Well this was fun.

I was thinking of bringing up Mystique or going to watch some more House. I'm probably gonna opt for House but here's a discussion point:

Could Mystique shift into a dude, jerk off into a cup, and get herself pregnant?

Depends on if her shapeshifting power only alters her surface appearance, or if it allows her to alter her body on a deeper level.

FCD on
    edited January 2007
    FCD wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Well this was fun.

Depends on if her shapeshifting power only alters her surface appearance, or if it allows her to alter her body on a deeper level.

Copycat.

:P

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    really fram and jordyn are both pretty watchable

getting creepy up in hurrr

Kovak on
    edited January 2007
    I didn't see the edit while I was posting :cry:

FCD on
    edited January 2007
    Feriluce wrote:
    Smart Hero wrote:

Fram is a handsome dude.

They would make pretty babies.

If, you know, they did that sort of thing.

Abracadaniel on
    edited January 2007
    Smart Hero wrote:
    Feriluce wrote:
    Smart Hero wrote:

Fram is a handsome dude.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind meeting up with some forumers. Just have to actually post and make myself known first. Could help just a little.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    edited January 2007
    Druhim groped me a couple times.

Abracadaniel on
    edited January 2007
    Feriluce wrote:
    Smart Hero wrote:
    Feriluce wrote:
    Smart Hero wrote:

Fram is a handsome dude.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind meeting up with some forumers. Just have to actually post and make myself known first. Could help just a little.

I don't know how close you are to Seattle, but you can come hang out anytime.

I mean, we don't fucking care.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited January 2007
    It's true.

If they'll hang out with me, they'll fucking hang out with anybody.

Abracadaniel on
  • PeshPesh Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Except Bob Ross.

Those cunts.

Pesh on
    sigxu7.jpg
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, Bob Ross.

what?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    you can't hang out with a dead man

I ran into a short depression when I found out Bob Ross was dead

I was mopey and everything
    and so it continued for about an hour

always wanted to meet and paint with Bob Ross

Raneados on
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    he makes paintings
    edit:made

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • PeshPesh Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    He's dead?

fuck

Pesh on
    sigxu7.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    OH GOD

here comes your bus into depression town

Raneados on
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    the trees are no longer happy

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    edited January 2007
    cancer stole our Bob Ross

:(

Raneados on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drunk Bob Ross is one of the best drinking games ever. Every time he anthropomorphizes an object, you take a drink. If you want to get really sloshed in half an hour, you can also take a drink whever he changes tools.

Shorty on
  • JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I know that Gambit and Rogue boned before. It was about ten years ago but as I recall, the X-Men were in space with the Shi'Ar and lost their powers temporarily for some reason. So, Rogue and Gambit took their once-in-a-lifetime shot. Those fuckers run into rays, storms, chemicals, or beings that drain mutant powers fairly regularly so she's probably had the chance to fuck a number of times.

Mystique has had a couple kids and, it's possible, but I doubt she gave up transforming during the nine months. Originally she was supposed to have transformed into a dude and impregnated Destiny so she apparently can turn into a full-fledged dude. So I would guess that she could knock herself up in a case of super-incest.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • MendozaMendoza Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jordyn wrote:
    Well this was fun.

no way, sperm dies when oxygen hits it

maybe in a vacuum or spaceship

Mendoza on
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Mendoza wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Well this was fun.

I'm pretty sure that is not entire true Mendoza, otherwise sperm banks would require you to jack off in a hard vacuum.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • MendozaMendoza Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Silmaril wrote:
    Mendoza wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Well this was fun.

I'm pretty sure that is not entire true Mendoza, otherwise sperm banks would require you to jack off in a hard vacuum.

that's why they have nurses

Mendoza on
  • JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Silmaril wrote:
    Mendoza wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Well this was fun.

Also, vaginas would need airlocks.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Joon wrote:
    Silmaril wrote:
    Mendoza wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Well this was fun.

Also, vaginas would need airlocks.

Some pretty much do Joon..

Some pretty much do...

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jordyn wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that even mutation is sometimes inherited genetically, the child rarely inherits the same abilities.

As for Rogue's power killing baby, there's a few questions to answer.

1. Would her body drain the sperm before fertilization could even occur?
    2. If no, and if she were able to bring the baby to term, would she be able to touch it then?
    3. If that's no, it likely wouldn't be able to be brought to term, which begs the question, at what point would her body recognize the fetus as a genetically seperate being?

Honestly, I think the sperm would be dead before fertilization.

I think in one of the early Exiles books they had a guy on the team that was the child of Rogue and Magneto. She was able to touch him all the time but when his power started he turned her into metal by touching her.

So that a no to 1., a yes to 2. and the answer to 3. is that she can touch her child all the time but the child can't touch her.

Also as someone said before in the thread in the MU they have tons of technology that disrupts or deactivates mutant powers, and as seen with Cyclops the X-Men are willing to use tech to help someone get their power under control, so I don't really understand why they don't to that for Rogue as well.

HoA-player on