As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spoiler tags in OP show on thread preview.

SpeakeasySpeakeasy Registered User regular
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=58135 reference topic

Pic that shows what the problem is:
spoileric2.png

When you put your mouse over the topic link, a small text preview of the OP shows. Apparently spoilers aren't covered when you do that. I don't think it's a big deal, but it could pose some sort of problem to some whiner out there, and also thought you guys should know about it.

smokeco3.jpg
Speakeasy on

• Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Way to include said spoiler in your post, duder

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It's not like it was anything important (that CSI fans would have not known already).

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Speakeasy wrote: »
    It's not like it was anything important (that CSI fans would have not known already).

I didn't know because I'm a bit behind. You know, age of the DVR and all.

It's just a bit ironic you complain about spoilers in the link preview then proceed to show a spoiler

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Speakeasy wrote: »
    I don't think it's a big deal, but it could pose some sort of problem to some whiner out there, and also thought you guys should know about it.

Found one.

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Man you're so witty

Sorry to harm your delicate sensibilities

Satan. on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    God, people are such assholes about having things spoiled for them, but get really defensive and insist they've done nothing wrong when they spoil something for someone else. If you've done something wrong then suck it up and apologise, and be considerate when you're posting plot details about anything within a certain time period.

Do we have any kind of spoiler rule set in palce for the forums at the moment other than 'mark spoilers'?

But yeah, this is an issue that I'd appreciate a fix for also.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think the funny part here is that it was behind a spoiler tag. :rotate: It's just ignoring the code entirely though? I thought it would continue to display it even if was part of an image.
    Edit: oh, it ignores the [] tags, but nothing in them (Which is why image URLs get displayed)

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    God, people are such assholes about having things spoiled for them, but get really defensive and insist they've done nothing wrong when they spoil something for someone else. If you've done something wrong then suck it up and apologise, and be considerate when you're posting plot details about anything within a certain time period.

Do we have any kind of spoiler rule set in palce for the forums at the moment other than 'mark spoilers'?

Forum-wide I don't know, but Elki has this for D&D
    Use 'em, especially for popular/cult/current works of fiction in all relevant media (No, we don't care if 'everyone should have seen it by now, its, like, totally old'. Shut up). And please be a little more thoughtful in the use of spoiler tags. If your entire post, for example, consists of nothing but a spoiler tag full of text, nobody has any idea what you're going to be talking about short of clicking on it and reading it. Try to explain what the spoiler is about somewhere outside of the spoiler.

Satan. on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »

Forum-wide I don't know, but Elki has this for D&D
    Use 'em, especially for popular/cult/current works of fiction in all relevant media (No, we don't care if 'everyone should have seen it by now, its, like, totally old'. Shut up). And please be a little more thoughtful in the use of spoiler tags. If your entire post, for example, consists of nothing but a spoiler tag full of text, nobody has any idea what you're going to be talking about short of clicking on it and reading it. Try to explain what the spoiler is about somewhere outside of the spoiler.

Yeah, IMO that should be global.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It's worked pretty well there, though I have zero experience in other subforums so I don't know their rules or how well their rules work for them.

It's also pretty unrelated to the particular issue the OP raised :P

Satan. on