As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Playable on a TrackPad?

SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
So I am interested in purchasing this for my Macbook, I was wondering if any silly things such as system requirements might get in the way.

I am also interested in knowing if the game is playable on a trackpad (Will I be needing right click often, are there any reflex or action based sequences that would be detrimental on a trackpad, etc.)

Basically I can get it for either my PC or my Macbook, but I would love it if the game was my guilty portable pleasure.

Sceptre on

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't think you'll have any trouble. There are no right-clicks in the game at all that I've noticed (I beat it just a few minutes ago) and the most you'll be doing "reaction" wise on the mouse end of things is clicking on your attack and your target. Everything else is handled with the WASD/up,down,left,right and the spacebar during combat.

You'll do a lot of pointing and clicking but overall this game is extremely Mac-friendly. This might have something to do with Gabe's love of his own Macintosh computer which he probably played this on.

EDIT: The carnival games (particularly the dart-throwing) may be tough on a touchpad but I assume that if you're okay playing mouse-based flash games you'll be fine in that department as well. It's just point-and-click. No time limit.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    EmrysEmrys Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I did the entire second half on an IBM laptop (trackpoint). It wasn't ideal but it worked. Of course I also used to play Diablo 2 with a trackpoint, so I am arguably a masochist.

Emrys on
  • Options
    HanClintoHanClinto Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I played through a couple of hours of it last night on my Macbook Pro with the trackpad, and I didn't notice any trouble. Rarely is the trackpad ideal, but in this case I think it's fine.

Most of the time-sensitive things (such as the fighting minigames or the blocking) is already on the keyboard -- you only need the mouse for navigation and menus, and targeting enemies (the only thing which can get somewhat frenetic).

--clint

HanClinto on