As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Party Thread

• BomanTheBearBomanTheBear Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Are there waffle houses in Seattle?

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KillerSmallsKillerSmalls Registered User new member
    edited April 2008
    Hello! Im new :)

Anyway I was wondering if any of you actually plan on sleeping? Personally sleep is overrated when parties are involved.

KillerSmalls on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    We can sleep when we're dead.

or after PAX is over, you know, whatever

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Moe, Its usually one or the other. I know I feel tired by the end of pax. Happy but tired.

Viscountalpha on
    edited April 2008
    Well, it's a physics formula that sleep and Bawlz cannot occupy the same person.

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well, it's a physics formula that sleep and Bawlz cannot occupy the same person.

I beg to differ. Bawls is a rather weakly caffeinated beverage, especially the bottles that were handed out last year. I drank one and fell asleep with the bottle still in my hand.

Now, if you were talking about Fixx and sleep...

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited April 2008
    Damn, dude, you must have a nasty high tolerance for caffeine. What is this Fixx you speak of? And incidentally, have you tried NOS?

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Liger wrote: »

I beg to differ. Bawls is a rather weakly caffeinated beverage, especially the bottles that were handed out last year. I drank one and fell asleep with the bottle still in my hand.

The caffeine is weakish because of the Guarana in it, but yeah, one bottle doesn't do much, and last year Bawls was so scarce because it was sold through those Aramark bastards at $2.damnmuch.

And this year maybe no Bawls at all...

Although I'm trying to work with Bawls/Hobarama to get some boxes for the Pre-PAX Dinner.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

lol, I knew I had a severe caffeine problem due to a similar incident a few years ago.

I was at a hotel with some of my friends (we were going to go rafting the next day). We went across the street to grab something to drink, and I grabbed a liter of pepsi. I don't remember drinking it, but when I woke up one of my friends told me that I'd chugged the thing and immediately fell unconscious, the bottle still in my hand.

Yeah, caffeine dependence is bad. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited April 2008

The caffeine is weakish because of the Guarana in it, but yeah, one bottle doesn't do much, and last year Bawls was so scarce because it was sold through those Aramark bastards at $2.damnmuch.

And this year maybe no Bawls at all...

Although I'm trying to work with Bawls/Hobarama to get some boxes for the Pre-PAX Dinner.

The caffeine was weak because it was Canadian Bawls (65mg caffeine content) vs American Bawls (80mg). I had no trouble drinking my fair share of the stuff at the convention, but I think I fell asleep because I was working registration/security for most of Friday and Saturday. ;)

Fixx is a disgusting elixir with 500mg caffeine per bottle. The only way I can describe the taste is "imagine FFPrime juicing in your mouth." A potent blend of fruit punch and battery acid. I might have a bottle or two with me this year. If you want to try it, come find me. ... Don't try it.

Liger on
    edited April 2008
    Yucky. That doesn't sound good. I never realized there was a caffeine level difference between American and Canadian bawls either! Is it some sort of regulation or something?

VThornheart on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yucky. That doesn't sound good. I never realized there was a caffeine level difference between American and Canadian bawls either! Is it some sort of regulation or something?

Canadian drinks have much stricter caffeine regulations. e.g. American Mountain Dew in Canada is Dew Fuel or something, because it has to be classified as an energy drink so that it can have caffeine in it.

'tis annoying...but oh well. My Tim Hortons has enough caffeine for me :P

tr0tsky on
    edited April 2008
    Wow, fascinating! I never realized that. Man, what they must think of that Fixx drink that was mentioned above. =)

VThornheart on
    edited April 2008
    The caffeine was weak because it was Canadian Bawls (65mg caffeine content) vs American Bawls (80mg). I had no trouble drinking my fair share of the stuff at the convention, but I think I fell asleep because I was working registration/security for most of Friday and Saturday. ;)

Fixx is a disgusting elixir with 500mg caffeine per bottle. The only way I can describe the taste is "imagine FFPrime juicing in your mouth." A potent blend of fruit punch and battery acid. I might have a bottle or two with me this year. If you want to try it, come find me. ... Don't try it.
    So how does it stack up against the energy drink Pure Cocaine (not making it up, it really exists)? I mean, they went there and named it after a hard-ass stimulant, rather than insinuating. Oh, and expect me to find you. I'll try just about anything once.

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So how does it stack up against the energy drink Pure Cocaine (not making it up, it really exists)? I mean, they went there and named it after a hard-ass stimulant, rather than insinuating. Oh, and expect me to find you. I'll try just about anything once.

Powerthirst: It's like crystal meth in a can!

It's crystal meth in a can!

Powerthirst is crystal meth!

To segue wildly off of the topic of caffeinated drinks, here's an idea - why don't we contact one of said diners, see what kind of reservations they'd be willing to accommodate, with regard to a huge contingent of gadget-wielding geeks?

Which diner would be most sympathetic?

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

still only 80mg of caffeine per serving.

Fixx isnt sold in stores... cause it cant be bought by people who arent 18. Plus it tastes like ass and wouldnt sell :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited April 2008

In my opinion, Fixx tastes better than Cocaine/NoName. There isn't a burning aftertaste to it, just a rancid fruit punch aftertaste. I just couldn't take the Cocaine burning... Also Fixx has more caffeine, but it's also a higher fluid volume. mid-size bottle instead of small can. Cocaine only got that name as a shock-factor marketing strategy. Caffeine is relatively similar to cocaine in regards to the effects it produces (only much milder), but in order to get such a high you might as well snort caffeine in its pure, crystalline form. I wouldn't recommend it; it kind of stings. Cocaine Energy Drink compares itself to 2 cans of Red Bull. I'd rather drink the extra Red Bull just to avoid the flavor of Cocaine.

Liger on
    edited April 2008
    But is it one of the bargain energy drinks which costs about as much as discount Easter candy? Or does it cost around the same as red bull?

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008
    Must...attempt...to re-rail...

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    coming into pax last year, i had 12 hours of sleep thursday night/friday morning then went to pax didnt sleep, came back saturday did the whole thing slept 3 hours and went back sunday and after i slept that night after a little party.....

(my secret, haze caffeine mints)

now i usally dont use energy drinks because they dont do much, but thoose mints are seriously good to pill pop and keep awake they worked only too well

i hope that haze keeps getting delayed and maybe they will be back next year with more mints!

s7arbuck on
    edited April 2008
    So again I ask, does Seattle have Waffle Houses?

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008
    i live in seattle, none that i can think of...but i dont really look, sorry

s7arbuck on
    edited April 2008
    But is it one of the bargain energy drinks which costs about as much as discount Easter candy? Or does it cost around the same as red bull?

Cocaine and Fixx are both special order online. I believe they cost the same as or more than red bull.

There are no Waffle Houses in the Pacific NW.

Liger on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    s7arbuck wrote: »
    (my secret, haze caffeine mints)

Man, I have like 6 unopened packs of those sitting in my living room.

tr0tsky on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, those were nice. You can buy those online, without the Haze logo. The website is on the little piece of tissue paper inside the box.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Yeah, those were nice. You can buy those online, without the Haze logo. The website is on the little piece of tissue paper inside the box.

ARE YOU F***ING SERIOUS?!

s7arbuck on
    edited April 2008
    I still have 3 boxes of haze mints. Hawk gave me a huge handful when he was passing them out by registration. o_O

Liger on
    edited April 2008
    so i am going to start a "give s7arbuck all your haze mints drive" anyone wanna donate?

s7arbuck on
    edited April 2008
    So again I ask, does Seattle have Waffle Houses?

We've got an IHOP or more, but no Waffle Houses. At least, of which I am aware.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    s7arbuck wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

ARE YOU F***ING SERIOUS?!

Yeah, they're VoJo Mints. For some reason you can buy them in a number of places but their official website still says Coming Soon.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited April 2008
    Hmm. IHOP is a little classier than Waffle House in terms of greeting massive amounts of slightly inebriated people. At least from my experience. But then again, way more people can typically fit in an IHOP. Decisions, decisions...

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hmm. IHOP is a little classier than Waffle House in terms of greeting massive amounts of slightly inebriated people. At least from my experience. But then again, way more people can typically fit in an IHOP. Decisions, decisions...

Without a Waffle House you miss out on the infamous Waffle House Jukebox.

redhalo on
    edited April 2008
    redhalo wrote: »
    AHHH SHIT You're right. What's a trip to a Waffle House without forcing the employees to listen to "It's a Waffle Day" six times in a row? Well, a good one. But still.

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008
    redhalo wrote: »
    AHHH SHIT You're right. What's a trip to a Waffle House without forcing the employees to listen to "It's a Waffle Day" six times in a row? Well, a good one. But still.

This sounds delightfully cruel.

To wit, though, I get the impression that a large chain diner would be a harder negotiation than a smaller, more regional sort. If anyone has inside connections, though, that would be the make-or-break of it.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • AnngaricusAnngaricus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It seems as though it has been decided to not have one big party therefore I am putting out an offer to all of you fine gents and ladies to visit Veevee and I whenever we are actually in the hotel. I'll have some sort of "the doctor is in sign". We will try to bring as many yummy types of alcohol as possible, but, if you guys are anything like the college age type people we have around here, I don't know how long the booze will be able to flow freely. Of course due to the freely flowing alcohol we will need to make sure you are 21 for the sake of not wanting to go to jail. We will be bringing our 20in monitor and of course rock band. I am trying to compile some non video related games as well such as Apples to Apples and Munchkin. I'm sure that all of you also have things that you will want to bring to do so I'm not especially worried about getting bored.

Anngaricus on
    Something more creative to be here shortly.
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm going to be attempting to bring down some Glen Breton Rare, in order to bring it 'round to the various parties I go to. If I'm there, I'll bring it with.

Imperfect on
    edited May 2008
    Imperfect wrote: »
    I'm going to be attempting to bring down some Glen Breton Rare, in order to bring it 'round to the various parties I go to. If I'm there, I'll bring it with.

Mmmm, I love me some scotch. I realize there be no scotts technically at work on your fine liquor, but all the same. Do the sell Balvenie up in your parts? Their single barrel 15 year is my fav.

redhalo on
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, basically the only reason they can't call it scotch is because it's not made in Scotland.

I've seen Balvenie around, and I think my father has the 15 y/o single-barrel in his collection (the 'speyside' or some such, yeah?). But I just checked online and apparently there's none available for purchase nearby. This makes me a sad scotch-rat.

Imperfect on
    edited May 2008
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Yeah, basically the only reason they can't call it scotch is because it's not made in Scotland.

I've seen Balvenie around, and I think my father has the 15 y/o single-barrel in his collection (the 'speyside' or some such, yeah?). But I just checked online and apparently there's none available for purchase nearby. This makes me a sad scotch-rat.

Then I shall bring some. Yeah, Speyside is a famous scotch making region in Scotland that uses water from the Spey river.

redhalo on
    edited May 2008
    Fucking awesome. We should put together a group of folks who bring their favourite whiskeys.

Imperfect on
This discussion has been closed.