As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[poster] Hip Hop Dance Design

drsnoopydrsnoopy Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Artist's Corner
Hey PAers,

I need somebody really creative to create poster for a non-profit organization that I'm part of. The event is like a "America's Best Dance Crew", it's a hip hop dance competition, and I need a poster design!!

It has to incorporate a fusion of Asian and North American flare. The event name is called "East meets West 2".

Conditions
- It can't have copyrighted material
- It can't have celebrities in it
- It needs to be hip hop
- Needs to be in color
- Needs to have this logo in there http://www.asianheritagemanitoba.ca/images/logo.gif
- 11" x 17" -- or just have it has high dpi so i can print it at any size

All submissions, can be posted here, and also emailed to whydoyousucksomuchwhy@yahoo.com, don't worry boys and girls, it's just my spam acct.

Thank you

drsnoopy

this was a vid from our first event - all the money raised went to earthquake and cyclone relief. I hope that you can help me create something awesome for our event next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnZkaSR8bG0

drsnoopy on

• Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    sorry, dude, i'm sure it is a great cause and all but i don't think anybody is going to be willing to do this unless there is some pay involved, you may want to look at this thread, too:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/announcement.php?f=14&a=6

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    i'm fully aware of the #10 rule of not asking for artwork. But this isn't really artwork, this is volunteering a spare moment of time towards a good cause - the Red Cross.

drsnoopy on
  • Options
    icebergiceberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I love making flyers.

What does it mean to be hip hop?

iceberg on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    it means, to have the hip hop flavour...like in the youtube video.

drsnoopy on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    drsnoopy wrote: »
    i'm fully aware of the #10 rule of not asking for artwork. But this isn't really artwork, this is volunteering a spare moment of time towards a good cause - the Red Cross.

Yes, it is artwork.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    think of it as an exercise in awesomeness.

drsnoopy on
  • Options
    Castle_BuilderCastle_Builder regular
    edited May 2008
    No offense mate ...

but i cant stand self righteous people who think that just because theyre working for some social or moral "good" that rules dont apply to them

yes you are asking for "artwork"

yes you are breaking the "rules"

as much as i may think your organization and cause are fantastic and worthy of charitable efforts i also sadly think you personally are a douchebag

Castle_Builder on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    to the OP: why not just design it on your own? you're asking us to give you free work for a cause that we have not signed up to espouse.

plus, this IS artwork, and you're asking for it to be provided for free, which is against the rules.

you also just copy pasted the same thread into H&A, which i would think is a no no

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    All right. Anyone who wants to contact you can do so now.

For the record, YES this violates the rules. It doesn't matter that it's for charity. You're starting a new thread asking people to create artwork with no compensation. This isn't any different than asking someone to design your website or create a tattoo for your cousin.

DMAC on
This discussion has been closed.