As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Chat]ter of Seville

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    I have to go back to Riverside early because I have to go see my advisor.

Apparently, because I failed Calculus last quarter, my life is now over. And I am a horrible failure. It's not because Calculus can be hard for some people, though. That's definitely not it.

I think the problem is that depending on your major, calculus can be kind of a "corner stone" course.

As in, about 75% of the courses you're gonna be taking in the future require it.

Again, depending on your major.

I know I can pass the class, it's just that my workload was a bit overwhelming last quarter. I just don't appreciate being threatened with getting kicked out of my University and have through jump through a bunch of hoops because my GPA was a 1.8 for one quarter but still a 2.7 overall.

1.8?

Isn't that borderline retarded?
    Maybe, but it still makes him a damn good bit smarter than you.

Hacksaw on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:

Apparently, because I failed Calculus last quarter, my life is now over. And I am a horrible failure. It's not because Calculus can be hard for some people, though. That's definitely not it.

I think the problem is that depending on your major, calculus can be kind of a "corner stone" course.

As in, about 75% of the courses you're gonna be taking in the future require it.

I know I can pass the class, it's just that my workload was a bit overwhelming last quarter. I just don't appreciate being threatened with getting kicked out of my University and have through jump through a bunch of hoops because my GPA was a 1.8 for one quarter but still a 2.7 overall.

1.8?

We can't all major in philosophy, _J_. Sometimes, when you take real classes, you actually face a significant challenge.

Senjutsu on
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:

1.8?

Yes, because grades are so clear-cut as to define whether you are "smart" and "retarded". Things such as laziness, lack of motivation, etc., have no bearing on GPA whatsover. No sir.

Kusuguttai on
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Yes, because grades are so clear-cut as to define whether you are "smart" and "retarded". Things such as laziness, lack of motivation, etc., have no bearing on GPA whatsover. No sir.
    Quit defending your fellow retards.

Yar on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gim on
    edited January 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:

1.8?

We can't all major in philosophy, _J_. Sometimes, when you take real classes, you actually face a significant challenge.
    Try arguing reasonably with a Kantian without snapping and murdering them. Now that's a challenge.

Hacksaw on
  • Spilled Milk, Inc.Spilled Milk, Inc. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:

1.8?

This is not high school.

Spilled Milk, Inc. on
    Larry's my name, real estate's my game. Rape was another game of mine...
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:

1.8?

I didn't say that those things had no bearing on one's GPA. I just asked if 1.8 was borderline retarded.

_J_ on
    edited January 2007
    Yar wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Oh my God! Now that I've been put in my place, I'll stop posting here. Yar, truly you are superior to me in every way! So long everyone! Yar has shown me the evils of my ways with this truly fantastic retort! I guess there's just no place for me here, what with me being a retard and all!

Kusuguttai on
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:

1.8?

This is not high school.
    Well, we all know that there isn't a single lazy, unmotivated person in college, don't we?

Kusuguttai on
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Yar wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Oh my God! Now that I've been put in my place, I'll stop posting here. Yar, truly you are superior to me in every way! So long everyone! Yar has shown me the evils of my ways with this truly fantastic retort! I guess there's just no place for me here, what with me being a retard and all!
    What? That wasn't funny.

Spilled Milk, Inc. on
    edited January 2007
    _J_ wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:

1.8?

I didn't say that those things had no bearing on one's GPA. I just asked if 1.8 was borderline retarded.
    Because grades are clearly a perfect reflection of someone's intellect.

Hacksaw on
    edited January 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:

1.8?

It's neat because you don't know what you're talking about. :)

_J_ on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    _J_ wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:

1.8?

Like,

"Is kusu's cock really so small that it is dwarfed by the dot in this 'i'"

That sort of question?

VishNub on
    edited January 2007
    hacksaw I already covered that you are beat'd by like a million years.

Also, it seems your Sarcasm Detector is in need of repair, new person.

Kusuguttai on
    edited January 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:

1.8?

They're a perfect reflection of one's performance within academia.

_J_ on
    edited January 2007
    _J_ wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:

1.8?

It's neat because you don't, either.

Hacksaw on
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:

Also, it seems your Sarcasm Detector is in need of repair, new person.
    I didn't say it wasn't sarcastic. I just said it wasn't funny.

Spilled Milk, Inc. on
    edited January 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:

1.8?

It's neat because you don't, either.

It's cute when they try. :)

_J_ on
    edited January 2007
    _J_ wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:

But are they also a clear indication of their intelligence?

Hacksaw on
    edited January 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:

Obviously if you do well within academia, you will do well in the real world.
    Obviously.

Kusuguttai on
    edited January 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:

Depends on how clearly you mean.

There's certainly a correlation.

VishNub on
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Shut up, moron. Take your peanut butter and your top hat and fuck off back to Retardistan.

Hacksaw on
    edited January 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Shut up, moron. Take your peanut butter and your top hat and fuck off back to Retardistan.
    A million years Hacksaw!

[spoiler:1be0d5b096]<3<3<3[/spoiler:1be0d5b096]

Kusuguttai on
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:

Obviously if you do well within academia, you will do well in the real world.
    Obviously.
    Still not funny. Are you in high school?

Spilled Milk, Inc. on
    edited January 2007
    VishNub wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:

Correlation != causation. Just because someone gets low grades doesn't mean they aren't intelligent.

Hacksaw on
    edited January 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:

Correlation != causation. Just because someone gets low grades doesn't mean they aren't intelligent.

I didn't say that it did.

VishNub on
    edited January 2007
    Are you in high school?
    Are you retaaaaarded?

Hacksaw on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:

No, there are plenty of people who are clearly stupid and yet manage to somehow not only get in to decent universities but also do quite well at them.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited January 2007
    I'm in college, fuckstain.

Kusuguttai on
  • DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hey! You kids! Where did all this stupid in my nice clean [chat] come from? Someone is going to have to clean this up and it is not going to be me.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2007
    VishNub wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:

Hacksaw sounds a lot like my friend to failed out of college because he said that attending the classes was beneath his intelligence.

Then he went to another college and failed 1/3 of his classes this semester because attending them was beneath him.

Yeah. A GPA is a pretty good indication of one's level of intelligence. And when a person starts making the "Well I would have done well if I had gone to class and tried and done my homework and studied" it tends to reinforce the idea that, yes, a GPA is a pretty good indication of one's level of intelligence.

Not taking the IQ test does not mean you are brilliant. It means that you didn't take the test.

_J_ on
    edited January 2007
    Also I'm not trying to be funny. I'm trying to say that smart people do not always get good grades.

Kusuguttai on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    DiscGrace wrote:
    Hey! You kids! Where did all this stupid in my nice clean [chat] come from? Someone is going to have to clean this up and it is not going to be me.
    How is that soundtrack...and the COOKIE COOKBOOK?!

From 2002 when I was in Florida for STS-112...

shuttletrip_0047.jpg

Dynagrip on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DiscGrace wrote:

I'm sorry.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    _J_ wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:

I've taken a large number of math courses, including the full calculus cycle, as part of my Com Sci specialization, and enough Philosophy that I could have taken it for a second major if I hadn't been specialized (specificially: 101, 120, 200, 205, 220, 240, 325, 333, 343, 420, 421, and 422).

The hardest philosophy course presented a challenge in terms of effort required, workload, study needed, and difficulty of the examinations, that I would rank as rather less than the challenge presented by the easiest introductory calculus course, and I rather think I have a good basis for comparison. How many calc courses have you taken, _J_?

Senjutsu on
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    I'm in college, fuckstain.
    I want to know what this said before you edited it.

Spilled Milk, Inc. on
    edited January 2007
    ITT, Senjutsu shows _J_ that he is in fact, a complete moron.

Kusuguttai on
  • DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:
    How is that soundtrack...and the COOKIE COOKBOOK?!

Awesome! I put the soundtrack on my iPod and it entertained me whilst I filled pipette tip boxes at work today. Thank you again! :)

I keep trying to read the cookie cookbook but then all the drool puddles start getting in the way of the words ...

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Also I'm not trying to be funny. I'm trying to say that smart people do not always get good grades.

Right.

But that does not translate into, "I got bad grades so I am smart."

_J_ on
This discussion has been closed.