As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2007 DVD - ON SALE NOW (Trailer on Page 4!)

124»

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    yeah i hope so! That's why I'll be sure to be front and center with my camera this year so I can record it all myself!

and yes I think all that's missing from the OneUps is Punchout, Sonic, MegaMan, and probably Zelda, I'm not entirely sure what else, but that sucks.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

And thanks to the DVD, I now HEART every single band/artist.

...Downloaded ALL of JoCo's songs within a span of 26 hours.

it took you 26 hours? I found them all in 26 minuets

thanks PAX dvd and MU happy hour!!!!

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    it took you 26 hours? I found them all in 26 minutes

...Not my fault I have work and school.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    Jorran28Jorran28 Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    Ok, was watching my dvd set yesterday, and I have a question for anyone who was there and attended the first gabe and tycho panel (i wasn't at pax 07):

What was the deal with the weirdo who got to the mic and started mumbling to himself and saying bizarre things? He kept saying weird shit like "you know what this is about" and asking "am i just being paranoid?", and actually said "don't worry, i won't sue you... even though I'm within my rights to do so". Then, when they got fed up with it, they asked him if he actually had any questions at all, and he said "do you have any questions for me?".

I was laughing at first, because he just sounded like some guy who got a little too stoned before the panel, but then it just got.. disturbing.

Anyone know who that guy was or what that was about?

Jorran28 on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I made the back cover! w00t! Lower left corner. Yea me.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Jorran28 wrote: »
    Ok, was watching my dvd set yesterday, and I have a question for anyone who was there and attended the first gabe and tycho panel (i wasn't at pax 07):

What was the deal with the weirdo who got to the mic and started mumbling to himself and saying bizarre things? He kept saying weird shit like "you know what this is about" and asking "am i just being paranoid?", and actually said "don't worry, i won't sue you... even though I'm within my rights to do so". Then, when they got fed up with it, they asked him if he actually had any questions at all, and he said "do you have any questions for me?".

I was laughing at first, because he just sounded like some guy who got a little too stoned before the panel, but then it just got.. disturbing.

I think that guy had some paranoia issues, something that he, in turn, seemed paranoid about in and of itself. He was a member of the forums, not sure if he still is, and was on the PAX train last year. I saw him. With my own two eyes. Can't remember his name though.

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Soups wrote: »
    think that guy had some paranoia issues, something that he, in turn, seemed paranoid about in and of itself. He was a member of the forums, not sure if he still is, and was on the PAX train last year. I saw him. With my own two eyes. Can't remember his name though.

Yeah, he explained later that he suddenly got really nervous and basically derailed for a minute. Not actually a psycho stalker or whatever people were saying at first.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Jorran28 wrote: »

Yeah, that was me.

Kind of embarrassing. But at least I get my fifteen minutes of internets fame.

I have bi-polar disorder, and due to excessive drinking (I think), I got a bit psychotic.

If I make it to PAX this year... I will hopefully be in a better state of mind. And definitely no beer before liquor.

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • Options
    SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    neuroslice wrote: »
    Yeah, that was me.

I have bi-polar disorder, and due to excessive drinking (I think), I got a bit psychotic.

If I make it to PAX this year... I will hopefully be in a better state of mind. And definitely no beer before liquor.

Neuroslice! That was his name.

Yeah, I figured you weren't totally insane. I actually felt kinda bad for you. Could you maybe tell us, if it's not terribly embarassing, what you were threatening to sue them about? :P

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm a little disappointed with the quality of the concerts, but in the end I'd much rather have these DVDs than have nothing.

Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

You know what they say... liquor before beer, you're in the clear!

Having asserted that, there have been times during which my consumption of liquor and beer, in any order, has made me feel like absolute crap.

In other, non-hangover news.... still waiting for DVDs! Argh!

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • Options
    MustinMustin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm enjoying the DVDs. I don't think it was rocktastic as the 2005 one - I liked the more "documentary" type feeling of 2005. This one is very straightforward, but informative and fun. Pretty bummed that a bunch of good stuff in The OneUps' set was left out, but overall happy.

Anyone having audio sync problems during the concerts? Like watching the drummer play and he's not doing the same audio that's coming out of the speakers?

Mustin on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Yeah, that was me.

I was sitting near the microphone line you were in and I was seriously creeped out. No offense to you, but I felt like I needed to silence you and/or get you away from the microphone. Of course I did nothing. I just sat there feeling all uncomfortable and stuff.

I am actually glad to hear that there is a good reason for the weirdness. I hope that either you or a friend of yours will be able to ask Jerry and Mike a question this year.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My copy of the DVD arrived yesterday and made it safely to the UK which was nice. The DVD's are region free so there are no concerns of my DVD Region 2 player throwing a hissey fit when trying to play them.

So far I've only watched the first DVD which was a nice intro. Will Wheaton's keynote was very good and he seemed to react to the audience well from what I could see. The big nagative was that the sound wasn't so good forcing me to raise the volume up quite a bit to hear the blighter.

Mega64's thing just took their podcast onto the show floor which is what you'd expect. I thought their spinning wheel game was quite funny with the 'Awkward Moment' being one of the funniest with the 'Ruined Game' being a close second.

I look forward to watching the rest over the next few days.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    DVDs received! I sat down and watched the Mega64 doc and one of the QA panels... and oh man, do I want it to be August so badly right now... heh. Right from the opening question, and "bring a COFFIN, motherfucker!" it just came rushing back. M64's stunt with the glowing chair was absolutely brilliant.

Solid stuff!

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Does anyone know if the transcript of Wil's keynote is somewhere on the Webs??

Totally gonna reference him in my essay about Gaming in the American Culture.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Mustin wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the DVDs. I don't think it was rocktastic as the 2005 one - I liked the more "documentary" type feeling of 2005. This one is very straightforward, but informative and fun. Pretty bummed that a bunch of good stuff in The OneUps' set was left out, but overall happy.

Anyone having audio sync problems during the concerts? Like watching the drummer play and he's not doing the same audio that's coming out of the speakers?

So far, all I've had time to watch is the OneUps concert, and yeah, I was really bummed to see the faux boxing match missing. Also, yeah, the audio is out of sync.

It's kinda depressing, so I haven't looked at anything else yet.

Houn on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wow, wil wheaton is just as inspirational on a 6 foot tv with a booming sound system.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
This discussion has been closed.