As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Maintainence Window

ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
For the past half hour I was doing some work behind the scenes. Long story short, let's see if the forums are more responsive at peak times. If you notice any oddities, please post in this thread and I'll take a look.

-Alpha

Älphämönkëy on

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Don't know if it's related, but I just got this error:
    Warning: Memcache::connect() [function.Memcache-connect]: Can't connect to 172.17.17.132:11211, Connection reset by peer (54) in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 307

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 309

Only got it once, and seems to be OK now, but I'd never seen it before so I thought I'd mention it.

japan on
  • Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I just got this while clicking the back button:
    Warning: Memcache::connect() [function.Memcache-connect]: Can't connect to 172.17.17.132:11211, Connection reset by peer (54) in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 307

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 309

Prof. Awesome on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I've gotten that a few times when I did "mark all threads as read".

DarkPrimus on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The error message above just happened to me seconds ago.

Henroid on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I just got that error (or very, very similar) too.

devoir on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ack, now it's happening more often to me!

DarkPrimus on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I've had it a couple more times since I posted above.

japan on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    i keep getting that same error

Orikaeshigitae on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yup, I'm getting the exact same error rather frequently from simply loading or refreshing the forum.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What they are all getting.

Except literally every page change it happens.

Jasconius on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

At about 10:26 ET. Looks like I'm not the only one.

MKR on
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Just got this.

EDIT: User CP isn't working at all now.

Kreutz on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Just thought I'd add my report to the pile. Exact same error, about 50% of the time I try to navigate to any page in the forums.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think it's safe to say Alpha is aware of this you guys. Or has enough reports to know how much of a problem it is. :P

Henroid on
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    took me about 10 tries to get onto the forums at all. Same error.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    the main page is down gateway 502

Ohtsam on
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Er... no issues here.

Everyone get jealous

Satan. on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited May 2008
    Warning: Memcache::connect() [function.Memcache-connect]: Can't connect to 172.17.17.132:11211, Operation timed out (60) in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 307

Yeah, been getting this a lot on the forums.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited May 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    Er... no issues here.

Everyone get jealous

God damnit and now I'm getting them.

Satan. on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm getting this a lot. In addition, I'm getting the message "502 Bad Gateway" when trying to access http://www.penny-arcade.com/.

Peewi on
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited May 2008
    I just tried backing out Alpha's change to the forums to see what would happen, but what happened was that nothing worked anymore, so beyond changing the forum config he must have also changed the server topology, so sorry, nothing I can do about the errors at this time.

Ramius on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I get the message only when I go into the usercp.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I get them sporadically, doesn't seem to be a pattern, I get them checking the User Panel along with just opening random threads.

Cynic Jester on
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    getting this error like whoa

Captain K on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Alright for a few minutes it wouldn't stop giving those errors

Ohtsam on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fixed. The problem was unrelated to the work I did last night. When I know more, I'll let you guys know.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    h5 alpha

Captain K on
    edited May 2008
    Fixed. The problem was unrelated to the work I did last night. When I know more, I'll let you guys know.

Says you

Satan. on