As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ponystars-Free online game. Enter the code correctly.

CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Games and Technology
20080526.jpg
What is ponystars?
Acclaim Games is pleased to announce the official launch of Ponystars, a fantasy-genre multiplayer online game where players collect, breed, embellish, and care for a herd of magic Ponystars.

Ponystars is a free to play online game for gamers and horse lovers of all ages, further widening Acclaim's growing market appeal. The browser-based game is also the first Acclaim title that requires no download, so Ponystars is easily accessible to anyone who wants to play for free through their web browser.

"Acclaim is enthusiastic to be reaching out to a wider audience after the success of our other online game titles," said Howard Mark, Acclaim CEO. "Ponystars has a broad appeal and will help to establish Acclaim as a place for gamers of all ages and genders."

Ponystars are noble & innocent magic ponies who inhabit the Grasslands of Fairy Valley. Players receive their first magic pony when they register to play. Players name and customize each of their Ponystars to reflect his or her unique sense of style and may enter their stock in contests. Six different breeds of magic Ponystars earn in-game Fairy Gold as players care for and train their herd. Players can build their herd by breeding and raising adorable baby Ponystars, or by buying and selling their Ponystars.

As with other Acclaim titles, players can also purchase items and additional in-game currency using Acclaim Coins. Once a Ponystar reaches maturity after 10 days, players can apply Special Traits to their stock and begin to breed their herd to make more baby Ponystars.

As players build their herd, they can buy and sell animals, create on-line Stables for their friends, complete Adventure Quests, compete in tournaments and customize the appearance of their Ponystars. Special Traits include fun brand marks, fantastic coats, manes, and decorative hooves, as well as seasonal accessories and backgrounds. Exciting new traits will be added to the game on an on-going basis.
I have an Earth and Air type. I'm just beginning so any help will be welcome. My account name is accentcore.

Register here:
http://www.ponystars.com/

I'd ask for you to use my referral link, but that is against the rules.

Couscous on

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I have to say, that is one of the best comics they've done in a LONG time. I laughed so hard at this.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man G&T will play just about anything

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You had me at Fairy Gold.

Rook on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That comic had me tempted

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Holy shit. Is there an actual decent game in there or is this some kind of joke?

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Ok, having played ponystars for about 10 minutes which I think makes me an expert. What a fucking shameless attempt at trying to extort money. At least make your fucking game interesting, rather than something that I could make within a day.

Rook on
  • Options
    tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Rook wrote: »
    Ok, having played ponystars for about 10 minutes which I think makes me an expert. What a fucking shameless attempt at trying to extort money. At least make your fucking game interesting, rather than something that I could make within a day.

You're..you're playing a game about taking care of a pony. What did you expect?!

tehkensai on
    jAhPU.jpg
  • Options
    NorayNoray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I have to say, that is one of the best comics they've done in a LONG time. I laughed so hard at this.

Yeah, really. I've seen this comment a lot, so I guess I'm not the only one, but man. Top 5 all-time Penny Arcade favorites. Even thinking about the comic makes me laugh!

Noray on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    tehkensai wrote: »

You're..you're playing a game about taking care of a pony. What did you expect?!

Brought to you by Acclaim, the game that brought you such classics as BMXXX and this boxart:
    71y3V0Y1X8L._SL500_AA280_.gif

Couscous on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    God what is this bullshit

ben0207 on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    titmouse wrote: »
    tehkensai wrote: »

Brought to you by Acclaim, the game that brought you such classics as BMXXX and this boxart:
    71y3V0Y1X8L._SL500_AA280_.gif

I thought you might actually have some sort of pony you could brush, or feed or see walking around. Not just something that basically revolves around constantly buying stuff then clicking on a button.

edit: After browsing the forums for a bit, it seems like one of the tutorial quests is basically "ok now give us some real money to progress"

Rook on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Was I the only one to feel annoyed that Tycho can't bother to check his facts? Bots is not, in fact, a shameless attempt to exhort money from boys using a website containing ponies. It is a shameless attempt to exhort money using a three dimensional game about robots beating the crap out of each other. I feel that Bots would appeal to all genders and ages which happen to enjoy robots, violence and explosions.

In fact, I feel that this 3D game (lame and micropaymented as it is) has a better chance of containing actual gameplay.

Frem on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I don't think facts have ever gotten in the way of Tycho or Gabe's posts.

Rook on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    First of all it should be mentioned that the Acclaim of today is not the Acclaim of BMX XXX. The original company went bankrupt and an investor bought up the name and is using it for crappy NeoPets clones.

That said:

fuzzylumps.jpg

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I named mine The Scarab.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm fairly certain the existence of a Game On: Ponystars thread in G&T is a sure sign the apocalypse is looming.

Captain K on
  • Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Captain K wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain the existence of a Game On: Ponystars thread in G&T is a sure sign the apocalypse is looming.

Just wait till they make a multiplayer Barbie Horse Adventures. Just wait.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Penny Arcade has done some really really funny cartoons. They were lackluster a year or so ago but have gotten back into their groove lately. this is one of the best they've done in a very very long time, if not their best ever. This is without question in their top 10 and probably in their top 5. That cartoon was absolutely hilarious.

Chris FOM on