As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME ON] Vampire: The Requiem

Saint JusticeSaint Justice MercenaryMah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Critical Failures
(The game is currently full)

Our weekly game is every Tuesday night @ 6 pm CST and typically lasts 3 hours (more if possible and desired) and is run through IRC.

IRC server/channel info is provided to players after character creation.

For those interested in playing, all I ask is that you're familiar with the core rulebook of V:TR and the nWoD core rulebook. You must also be a good typist and have solid roleplaying skills. I want the focus of the game to be role-playing and character interaction rather than power lvl, hack n' slash, etc. That being said, I'll try to keep things interesting and there should be sufficent combat.

As for setting, our Chronicle takes place in present day Chicago. (January 2007) Of course, this is WoD Chicago and not actual Chicago so there will be some imaginary locations and any alterations I deem fit.

The character restrictions are as follows: The character must be a neonate with a blood potency level no higher than lvl 2 and the character needs a history that makes sense. Finally, the character must adhere to the character creation rules (obviously) and not be overpowered by starting with massive wealth or crazy weapons. The characters are allowed to start with a humble melee weapon (knife, brass knuckles, etc.) and humble pistol. (9mm, .38, etc.)

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
Saint Justice on

• Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, that sounds good. Go ahead and shoot me a message on xfire and we can get your character created.

Saint Justice on
  • codechinocodechino Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    count me in. mondays/thursdays are soccer nights for me, so theres no hope there. most other nights can work.

codechino on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well I know you said you where looking for 2 more, but I'm always up for some blood sucking action...so if you want/need another drop me a line.

Bucketman on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm interested. My friend runs a Vampire: The Requiem game, and I'd love to get my feet wet in the old system some more. Just contact me on AIM and such. I'll most likely play a Gangrel.

Rulebook wise, I'm sure he can send me some of that stuff when the time comes. :)

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Alright, I'm going to contact all interested parties and be sure we have committed players on a regular schedule here. Assuming all people are able to play it'd be ST (me) + 5 players.

Otaku and Bucketman, go ahead and create a character that adheres to the OP regulations while I make the rounds with the other 3 possible players and we should be able to get this show on the road quicker.

Saint Justice on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Alright, I'm going to contact all interested parties and be sure we have committed players on a regular schedule here. Assuming all people are able to play it'd be ST (me) + 5 players.

Otaku and Bucketman, go ahead and create a character that adheres to the OP regulations while I make the rounds with the other 3 possible players and we should be able to get this show on the road quicker.

Think you could send me a character sheet template? I'm going to see if my friend can send me some of the stuff I need to make the character. Hell, are there any programs that help out with this? I used Grapevine before, but that's for LARP.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited December 2006
    hey, jdark, going to try to get our game started this Tuesday night @ 7 pm CST, that going to work for you?

Saint Justice on
    edited January 2007
    Ok, so we're going to be playing tonight @ 7 CST. For the first session it will just be Otaku and Jdark for players. Azerfal isn't able to do it tonight (technical difficulties) but will be available for all forseeable future sessions. Codechino had to drop out altogether, so we have an open slot for back up players. The regular group should be me on ST duties and Jdark, Otaku, and Azerfal as players. Shit happens though and I'd prefer groups of 3 so if anybody wants to sign up as a back up player PM me or post in this thread.

Saint Justice on
    edited January 2007
    Shit happens. Otaku and I will do his prelude tonight and our next session will be the first "official" session and will work nicely as we will have all 3 players together: otaku, jdark, and azerfal. BTW, jdark, how the hell do you pronounce your sire's name?

Saint Justice on
    edited January 2007
    In a way, we're really glad you guys didn't make it quite yet. We got the room settled on and the dice bot set up, and we had time to get rid of a few glaring semantics dealing with the rolling systems.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'd like to.

Cosmic Sombrero on
    edited January 2007
    I'm pretty sure that link to the pronounciation .wav file isn't working. I'm just getting one of those hosted by images. Oh well, you can just tell me how to pronounce her name in vent.

Saint Justice on
    edited January 2007
    Azerfal, I need your character sheet ASAP to be fully prepared for tonight's game.

Saint Justice on
    edited January 2007
    Alright, we're assuming Azerfal is unable to play and are looking for one more player! PM and/or reply in thread. Details about our game are in the new edited OP. Next session will be Tuesday @ 7pm CST as usual!

Saint Justice on
    edited January 2007
    Well, Bucketman isn't going to be able to play, so we're still looking for one more player. My city has been hit with a massive ice storm and I might not have my power back by Tuesday night. We'll have to wait and see. I'll be ready to run the game, but if the electricity is still out, there's nothing I can do and we'll have to resume play on the 23rd.

Saint Justice on
    edited January 2007
    GAME ON, BITCHES! My power's back on, so we will indeed play tonight!

Saint Justice on
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, like an hour and a half or so before game time, my internet got wanged. It just got fixed this morning. On the bright side, perhaps we'll be able to get a third player before Tuesday.

Saint Justice on
    edited January 2007
    Yes, we are. I'll be there with bells on! :P

Saint Justice on
  • DuoDuo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Greetings, gentlemen!

Name's Jon Pierce, and I hear we have a date with destiny this evening.

Make sure you're all on time! I'd hate for it to be 7:05 here in Chicago and have to tell you "You're five minutes late! Where have you been, eh?"

So, I look forward to meeting you both.

Adieu

Jon

Duo on
    edited February 2007
    We'll meet for tonight's game @ 6pm CST as agreed. See you there!

Saint Justice on
    edited February 2007
    Man. Last week's game was really good. Switching to the Requiem's mechanics really sped shit up.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Thanks for the feedback, Otaku, I agree completely. We'll meet up in IRC @ 6 pm tonight as planned and be sure to join the pa vent piping channel for the mood music XD

Edit: Game has been pushed back to Wednesday @ 6 pm CST

Saint Justice on
    edited March 2007
    Unfortunately, due to a sinus infection, I feel like complete shit. The game is canceled this week. I should recover in time for the 13th, though.

Saint Justice on
    edited March 2007
    By the way. You should rename the title to Vampire: The Requiem. = P

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg