As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What the hell's wrong with my television?

sullijosullijo mid-level minionsubterranean bunkerRegistered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a 2-year old Magnavox that is acting wonky. My wife believes it's possessed by poltergeists; I'm hoping you can help me find a less supernatural explanation.

It works for a few minutes, then it starts to sputter and blink and then turns itself off (except that the green "power" light stays on):

Watch my possessed tv!

When I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge:
"I don't want the world, I just want your half"
sullijo on

• Options
    TwoQuestionsTwoQuestions Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Perhaps the input you are using went bad? It happened to me on more than one occasion. If you are using cable, try something with an RCA jack and see if the same thing happens.

TwoQuestions on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I had the same thing happen to me once.

To get right down to it, your TV is just about ready to give up the ghost. It has to do with the power coming in to your set, more than likely something's shorted out or just plain fried. Take it in or just go buy a new one.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I had a TV that did that, hitting it pretty hard on the side usually fixed it for a bit... until it completely bit the dust.

finalflight89 on
  • Options
    yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My LCD TV started doing something like that about a month after I bought it. It was still under warranty, so I sent it to the shop to get it fixed. It turned out it was a bad scaler board.

Does it do the same thing for multiple/all input selections?

yurnamehere on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    sullijo wrote: »
    I have a 2-year old Magnavox

I believe I have found the source of the problem.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.