As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Democratic Primaries]: The End of the Beginning

1555657585961»

• Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    If true, it still would be in the same league as pretending that you were running from snipers when you were actually listening to adolescent poetry.

Somehow I don't think changing the names of things that actually happened is in the same league as completely making shit up.

Shit, that was a typo. Should read "wouldn't".

The calculating cynical part of me thinks you deliberately put that ther.... bah, this joke takes too much effort.

kildy on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Cantido wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    So, I just got the new Newsweek in the mail, and it's a Barack cover again. How many does that make now?

Half as many as Jesus this year?

That's bullshit. Barack is more popular than Jesus. Just ask google.

>_> shut uuuuuup

Have we had the discussion yet about how this waste of flesh killed Lennon because he couldn't reconcile his Beatles fandom with his evangelicism? Because I will hurt you if this becomes an issue.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The most likely explanation overall (ie, not trying to be uncharitable) would be that the "legend" involved the uncle being in Auschwitz, because the story evolved, and Obama never really questioned it. I heard all sorts of stories from my grandfather about the war, and about my relatives about other relatives, and I'm sure a lot of them were exaggerated or made up. Because that's what human beings do with their stories - they embellish.

I'm sure Obama's wishing he checked it out before mentioning it though. Bit of a silly thing to do.

I'm kind of surprised he didn't put two and two together in a history class and figure that his uncle was talking about 'random concentration camp' instead of Auschwitz in particular. Or that anyone who reads his stump speeches first didn't realize that the commies took Poland. Gerald Ford's ghost isn't a campaign staffer is he?

moniker on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    The most likely explanation overall (ie, not trying to be uncharitable) would be that the "legend" involved the uncle being in Auschwitz, because the story evolved, and Obama never really questioned it. I heard all sorts of stories from my grandfather about the war, and about my relatives about other relatives, and I'm sure a lot of them were exaggerated or made up. Because that's what human beings do with their stories - they embellish.

I'm sure Obama's wishing he checked it out before mentioning it though. Bit of a silly thing to do.

I'm kind of surprised he didn't put two and two together in a history class and figure that his uncle was talking about 'random concentration camp' instead of Auschwitz in particular. Or that anyone who reads his stump speeches first didn't realize that the commies took Poland. Gerald Ford's ghost isn't a campaign staffer is he?

Honestly, unless he's a WWII buff, he might just not have ever questioned it. If you'd asked me before this whole thing who liberated Auschwitz, I couldn't have told you without a coin-flip.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, I thought we liberated Auschwitz...

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    templewulf wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    So, I just got the new Newsweek in the mail, and it's a Barack cover again. How many does that make now?

Half as many as Jesus this year?

That's bullshit. Barack is more popular than Jesus. Just ask google.

>_> shut uuuuuup

Have we had the discussion yet about how this waste of flesh killed Lennon because he couldn't reconcile his Beatles fandom with his evangelicism? Because I will hurt you if this becomes an issue.

Hadn't Yoko already destroyed the band at that point?
    Yes, yes its a stretch. I'm just running with the metaphor.

On the other hand, shrill, devoid of merit, and universally despised... might have legs

seabass on
    Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    As a resident of the state of Wisconsin, I was under the impression that we had voted for John Kerry. So it puzzled me to see my state colored red when MSNBC flashed the 2004 results just now.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Oh shit, Obama forgot Poland.

Savant on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2008
    20020621h.gif

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.