As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

"The Unfathomable Transmissions" Discussion

Kite83Kite83 Registered User new member
edited May 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
In the recent uStream Video, Tycho urges people to listen to "The Unfathomable Transmissions" And after listening to them I believe that
near the end of the transmission, the man talking was the owner of the book that the mines have stolen. A very interesting easter egg for sure.

Tell me what you guys think about this.

Kite83 on

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    We have spoiler tags - you can use
    for them :)

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Green DreamGreen Dream Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Now this may just be me, but does anyone else think that the voice at the end of "Unfathomable Transmissions" sounds an AWFUL LOT like the Narrator? I mean sure, the voice sounds upset and thin through the static rather than grand and deep in the intro, but there still seems to me to be a very strong resemblance.

Any thoughts?

Green Dream on
  • Kite83Kite83 Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    We have spoiler tags - you can use
    for them :)

There are spoiler tags? neat, first time using the forum heh.

Kite83 on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Now this may just be me, but does anyone else think that the voice at the end of "Unfathomable Transmissions" sounds an AWFUL LOT like the Narrator? I mean sure, the voice sounds upset and thin through the static rather than grand and deep in the intro, but there still seems to me to be a very strong resemblance.

Any thoughts?

Check the credits. :P

JustinSane07 on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Any thoughts?

I think the Narrator is actually...
    That scientist Anne Claire has a crush on. That or Jim. The voice is disembodied.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    What is an unfathomable transmission?

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • JazmeisterJazmeister Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The Unfathomable Transmissions is the name of that album behind Anne-Claire on her shelves.

I had a go at transcribing it and posted it in another thread. Here it is again:
    The Unfathomable Transmissions:

[lots of noise for ages, then:]

And ho, the terrible wonders this book has revealed!

How could that boardwalk cult have interprated these beautiful, these blashphemous schematics?

Searing my very heart, the hot brand of their monstrous power, their intoxicated... [phone rings] oh, Goddamnit!

[picks up] Hello? Yes, mother. Yes, I'm on my way!

I'm not sure about some details, but that's definitely the jist. I don't think it is the narrator.

Jazmeister on