As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sony Bravia and PS3 question

ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
Sony's documentation sucks, so I figured I would see if any of youse guys happen to know the answer.

I have a Sony Bravia 50A3000, and I recently picked up a PS3, principally for BluRay. On the PS3, there's a setting to make the PS3 output 1080/24p on BD movies. Does the TV auto-detect 1080/24p signals and set the display accordingly, or do I have to set something somewhere? The only relevant settings seem to be the Motion Enhancer, which I know interpolates frames to smooth motion, the Motion Normalizer, which adds black or dimmed frames to soften the picture, and Cinemotion, which does something-or-other to make 480i (and maybe 1080i, depending on where you read) content look prettier. No word about 1080/24p, which makes me think that the TV figures it out on its own and I need to do nothing. But I wondered if anybody knew for sure.

I do know that BD movies are gorgeous, and the PS3 is a far better BD player than the 360 add-on was an HD-DVD player. Plus HDMI is nice.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
ElJeffe on

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Seriously, nobody has a Sony Bravia TV hooked up to a 1080/24p player of any sort?

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I do and it does it automatically.

khain on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yay, thanks!

ElJeffe on