As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm playing Brain Age 2: Fuck that change maker

RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Games and Technology
So, I just got this game, and I have to say that in just a few days I think I'm making some kind of progress (I would have never thought it would be so effectiveso fast), but that Change Maker game just drives me nuts.

You see, I'm not an American citizen, therefore I don't have any kind of knowledge on how your pennies work. What are each of the little coins worth?

RockinX on

• Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The penny (the brown coin) is the least valuable, and worth one cent.

Followed by the nickel (the medium sized silver coin) which is worth 5 cents.

Then there's the dime (the smallest silver coin) which is worth 10 cents.

Then there's the quarter (the largest silver coin) which is worth 25 cents.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Uh, 1 cent?

tofu on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If you are not American your IQ/Brain Age is lower.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    LewieP wrote: »

Be careful with the clock ones too, you guys have Metric clocks or something, right?

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Be careful with the clock ones too, you guys have Metric clocks or something, right?

Our clocks work on Farthings and Yards.

LewieP on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Our clocks work on Farthings and Yards.

What kinda crazy clocks you runnin'? Normal American clocks use the Troy ounce per cord-length slugft Rankiene.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Brain Age does not meassure IQ. IQ has to take into account the social-cultural environment of the person, and inteligence tests have to be adapted to each country. You can't say someone is illiterate if they can't figure out what words there are in the game where you have to arrange letters in order to reveal the word if the person has little experience in that language.

BA only meassures its own definition of inteligence (your "brain age") according to your performance in these games and does not take intoo account these environmental differences. Hence why I needed to ask the value of each coin because they don't change these coins even if I set the language to Spanish.

As a side note, I have to use an English configuration in order to do the rock, paper and scissors brain age meassure because it doesn't detect my voice very well when I say piedra, papel o tijera in Spanish. Word scramble and multiple voices saying different words are easier for me to figure out in Spanish, though.
    Pata wrote: »
    The penny (the brown coin) is the least valuable, and worth one cent.

Followed by the nickel (the medium sized silver coin) which is worth 5 cents.

Then there's the dime (the smallest silver coin) which is worth 10 cents.

Then there's the quarter (the largest silver coin) which is worth 25 cents.

I have to write this down. Thank you very much.

You see, we aren't used to cents and the like because the inflation is so high those coins are useless. Or were, until the pointless monetary conversion we had early in the year (1000 bolivars = 1 bolivar now, and we have started using cents, which has confused a lot of people).

I haven't had the game for very long, but I'm looking forward to the clock game, as a friend told me that telling the time with analog clocks keeps the brain healthy. I especially like the sign finder game and am starting to enjoy that rock, paper and scissors game.

RockinX on