As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox leaderboards - addicts?

stebuustebuu Crabs are fucking crazy, and I hate horsesRegistered User regular
edited June 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
I thought I was pretty bad for being in my third playthrough of Ep1. However, checking out the leaderboard, I've noticed that there are people out there with over 1000 kills! That's like a million billion playthroughs (ok, close to 6).

Some people must really really hate hobos.

stebuu on

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    I really hate Hobos, but I don't think I could play through this 6 times....

I might try playing through it one more time without upgrading weapons (except for the ultra upgrades at the end of course) and without using healing items, just for the added challenge.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    sobjwsobjw Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    People will do anything to get their name at the top of a leaderboard. I love the game, don't get me wrong but I wouldn't beat any game six times in a row.

sobjw on
    I live on a farm.
  • Options
    P2Mc28P2Mc28 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What can I say, after seeing I was like #200 after a couple play throughs I was curious as to how far I could get before I got bored. I can't say I feel much like going for 1k+ kills though... but I might go thru it again. I like the combat! I wanna get all 3 characters maxed out (on +hits) at the same time! Freakin' Nuts & Bolts gets me almost every damn time though.

Side note - I was able to discover and report a bug thanks to repeated playing! Yay I'm helping.

P2Mc28 on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I know I'm going to play through to see if I can max out the Overkill stats for everyone, and then save that file to play Ep2 with. Who knows how long that'll take though.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Useless0neUseless0ne Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Its not really that hard to get up there. I was #6 last time I checked (Sometime today), and I only casually play.

Useless0ne on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well whaddaya know. Second playthrough, collected everything, maxed out everything, didn't die.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    dark_porpoisedark_porpoise Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Useless0ne wrote: »
    Its not really that hard to get up there. I was #6 last time I checked (Sometime today), and I only casually play.
    Yeah, I know what you mean, earlier on, I was playing through the third time I believe, and someone asked me where to find the last FF's on Pelican Bay. I wondered why he sent me a message, so I checked out the leaderboards, thinking I was probably right next to him, but I was at #9 somehow. I played through it again to get the rest of the achievements, and then to make a character that had everything for episode 2. By doing that, I got to about 950 kills and was at #3, now, I think I am at 7 or 8. Yes, I was addicted, but have not played in 5 days because some people almost have 2000!

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense.

dark_porpoise on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    when I first started my 2nd playthrough, my rank rose up sharply. A lot of people played it once and that was it.

VoodooV on
  • Options
    stebuustebuu Crabs are fucking crazy, and I hate horses Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    by my calculations (i believe a full game has 169 enemies) , the current leaderboard leader has killed the equivalent of 11.3 games worth of enemies.

eep.

stebuu on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I find it interesting (because I love stats) to see how many of the top players don't have 200/200 achievement points. I mean, if you're going to play the game so many times, that might be the reason.
    So I chuckle at this, because I imagine people starting a game up, having a character die on the final boss or using a healing item on the boss....and then forgetting to not save...and then having to restart (d'oh).

QuizMaster on