As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phone Modification

maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what?New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
Anyone familiar with modifying phones, particularly motorola phones? I just got a new V3xxR from AT&T and I'd love to apply an iPhone skin along with removing the pre-installed music tracks.

I've downloaded something called "P2K Commander" but I can't seem to get it to connect to my phone, and I"m generally lost.

FU7kFbw.png
Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
maximumzero on

• Options
    Seaborn111Seaborn111 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    don't have alot of advice on how to alter a motorola phone, but i will say

careful with p2k.

cell phones brick a whoooole lot easier than PC's, and there's no returning.

Seaborn111 on
    </bush>
    It's impossible for us to without a doubt prove the non-existence of God. We just have to take it on faith that he's imaginary..
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Seaborn111 wrote: »
    don't have alot of advice on how to alter a motorola phone, but i will say

careful with p2k.

cell phones brick a whoooole lot easier than PC's, and there's no returning.

Not entirely true. I can say this with personal experience with hacking Motorola phones. It might not turn on, it might not respond to anything you do but 99 times out of 100 there are tricks you can do to restore it.

That being said, the "no illegal shit" general rule around here prevails and we really can't talk specifics. There are phone forums out there with the information you desire as well as various wikis. You have to specifically fuck up to brick your phone -- the folks that write this sort of stuff are very particular with their instructions. If you don't understand a step or don't see how to get to the next step, fucking stop until you're 100% on the next step.

Satan. on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Anyone familiar with modifying phones, particularly motorola phones? I just got a new V3xxR from AT&T and I'd love to apply an iPhone skin along with removing the pre-installed music tracks.

I've downloaded something called "P2K Commander" but I can't seem to get it to connect to my phone, and I"m generally lost.

Wait, it's a RAZR? Google search. That phone's more common than herpes. Should be tons of info out there by now.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If it has Bluetooth you can try using BitPim, but a lot of the functions don't work with a RAZR if that's what you have. Otherwise you should be able to do most of what you described.

zanetheinsane on