As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gods and Mortals [Phalla] - Game Over: Village Victory!

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, I guess Elki's gone, but I'm putting you on notice Richy.

!vote Richy

Even though you were super helpful and linked Phalla Phalla so I could laugh.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Reading back on it now, Richy seems the more rational choice. I don't post a hell of a lot either, so it's hard for me to fault Elki for it, especially since VH pointed out that he apparently never does.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    We have a tie now, and I must say something,

If you have the good of the village in your interest DO NOT VOTE FOR RICHY.

I have my reasons for saying so, but DO NOT VOTE FOR RICHY.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2008
    My skin, down to the wire!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    !vote Elki

Sorry, been out all day.

durax on
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    A tie can't be good. Sorry elki

!richy

!elki

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh God item guy is going to fuck me.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It's item guy, using the trusty DUE spreadsheet. Fuck.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Vote Closed

Narration will be close to an hour because I have people coming and can't be longer. Lucky you!

Also, this was the first night that all participating players voted at least once. Thanks for your participation, folks!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I just hope some undead fucker tries something tonight. He's gonna get a rude surprise.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So that's why Richy was arguing against bob, wasn't it? Richy had item, got in contact with DUE, DUE told him bob's story didn't check out, Richy argued against bob, spreadsheet passes on to you, blah blah blah?

What a lame way to go out.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    So that's why Richy was arguing against bob, wasn't it? Richy had item, got in contact with DUE, DUE told him bob's story didn't check out, Richy argued against bob, spreadsheet passes on to you, blah blah blah?

What a lame way to go out.

Sorry man.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If we lose because of this secret item network bullshit I am going to be so pissed.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Today was getting some pieces in places. Tonight/tomorrow I plan to devote some real time to trying to sift out connections from our confirmed dead baddies (and ideally we'll have more to work with to boot) and I would suggest everyone else does the same.

If you're dubious of the item theory, the best think you can do is dig around and make a solid case for someone that doesn't rely on it.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    And played it so cool all day. Not panicking and trying to get somebody I suspect to eat the vote. And then that gets dropped right before the deadline.

Ten minutes earlier and that post of mine could've made a difference, but too late. :(

ooOOooOOoo avenge meeeee

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You're not dead yet, I never was contacted by the powder user. Worse case scenario is that he sided with you and we now have a tie.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    12-9, so i dont think the powder user (2 votes negated) can change the outcome

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    werehippy wrote: »
    If you're dubious of the item theory, the best think you can do is dig around and make a solid case for someone that doesn't rely on it.

I believe that items are going only to Monkey players.

What pisses me off is that we killed Elki for no reason other than to save Richy, who looks extremely suspicious, and our trusty item network contact gave us no reason. Plus it was at the last damn minute, so there was no chance to discuss it.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Any chance Elki is really a baddy and would like to use his remaining 30 minutes of life to gloat? I'd feel a lot better at least.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You think I'm just gonna give a reason? I'm trying to learn from DUE's mistakes here.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The best argument against the item theory and the "data" on its spreadsheet is that they indicated evilbob was lying, and we can be pretty damn sure he wasn't. So, like bob said, it's probably a useless spreadsheet.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008

I believe that items are going only to Monkey players.

What pisses me off is that we killed Elki for no reason other than to save Richy, who looks extremely suspicious, and our trusty item network contact gave us no reason. Plus it was at the last damn minute, so there was no chance to discuss it.

Elki wasn't a random kill, I called him out as on my short list 2 days ago and I think a lot of people were suspicious of him. We did stop Elki from digging himself out, but that's simply because there's enough balls in the air based on working down our suspect list (which Elki legitimately headed) that no one wanted to try and readjust on the fly at the last second.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Speaking of evilbob was lying, I don't know where the hell DUE got that. Nothing on this sheet indicates he was lying, makes him look suspicious by naming an unknown as a villager, but not lying.

I'm assuming DUE fucked up on that part, and I've made modifications to this sheet on info I've gained from contacts today.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The best argument against the item theory and the "data" on its spreadsheet is that they indicated evilbob was lying, and we can be pretty damn sure he wasn't. So, like bob said, it's probably a useless spreadsheet.

From what I gather the seering didn't so much conflict with the spreadsheet as it read item ownership as aligned with the monkey, instead of just plain villager, at which point DUE just went wildly off the rails.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    You think I'm just gonna give a reason? I'm trying to learn from DUE's mistakes here.

Well, there are only two plausible reasons for you to take a position as network representative the way you did.

1) You know Elki is bad.

2) You know Richy is good.

If 1), you would have had no reason not to tell us, which leaves only 2). So what you've done is tell us that you know Richy is good, which means the bad guys know he's a good pick for killing on future nights, but for those of us who are good and thus have only your word on Richy's alignment, you've given us no reason at all to trust you. Which is something we need, since DUE's network hasn't exactly got a shining record.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Any chance Elki is really a baddy and would like to use his remaining 30 minutes of life to gloat? I'd feel a lot better at least.

Minor reveal: It's all your fault!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Minor reveal: It's all your fault!

:cry:

werehippy on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh, this is crazy - the dawn chorus have woken me up. So what have I done? Closed the window? Put in ear plugs? No, I've turned my PC on to see what's happened!
    Elki 12
    Richy 9
    Pretty similar to when I went to bed, just some vote switching going on last minute.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Night 5

It was late in the day when the stones began to move around the board in a frenzy. The gathered Gods, able to enjoy more elbow room at the table due to the absence of Uil and Mewin, leaned in close to watch the action. In fact, Luko nearly fell off his stool because he leaned so far over the board. The Monkey caught himself just in time, avoiding crashing into the table just as the last stone came to a halt on the board.

Laughing, both at his clumsiness and at the results of the night, Luko began taunting the Twins. Look at that, he mused, are you certain that things will work out all right for you, Snake?

Elsaan could do nothing but hiss as the Monkey laughed again. It was his brother, Artol, who answered.

You are a foul, meddling little creature, Luko. You are tiny and insignificant. You have done nothing but delay our glory, and you know it. So go on and gloat about the small successes your little playthings manage to eke out of their miserable lives. They do not matter. Looking around at the other Gods—Hin attempting to hide his grin; Gunto scowling at the board in a visibly foul temper; Syl staring glumly at the board, taking slow steps back towards the shadowed corner—Artol raised his voice and said, You shall not prevail.

Cloaked in a dark shadow, Syl called out to the other Gods as they started to move towards the door. You may have succeeded in limiting my growth on their plane, but the Veil has been ripped, and I will forever plague their world. The day will come when I can once again take an active role—do not think that I will simply leave you and yours in peace. When the time comes again, I will promise you will not be able to dispatch me so easily. Until that time comes, know that I will be watching.

Although the villagers appeared to get better yesterday with their voting habits, they fall quickly into them for the day. Elki led the vote early on and was actually winning by a large margin, but a new argument is made close to the close of voting and suddenly Richy finds himself under fire.

The vote finally closes, but when the Officers emerge from the shrine, they split into two groups and grab both Elki and Richy and haul both men screaming back to the Shrine for execution. Confused, the villagers quickly disperse, afraid that if they linger, they too may be ordered into the marble building.

visiblehowl, one of the last to leave the Shrine, turns the corner to walk between two cottages, and is struck from behind. He doesn’t even get a scream out before the life is beaten out of him. His grotesque body is found in the morning by the Officers on their daily patrol, who quickly wrap his bruised and beaten body with a sheet so that no possible onlookers can see the bloody mess he has become.

The Officers, having just finished digging the hole for visiblehowl, are called to the village square. When they get there, they find LewiePs Mummy leaning against the old stone well. She appears shaken and is talking to a number of gathered villagers. When the Officers arrive, LewiePs Mummy tells them how she was walking by the woods when she heard a hiss behind her. Before she could turn to see what was going on, someone coming out of the woods yelled out. When she turned to see who it was, she heard what sounded like someone running off into the woods in the other direction. When the villager who called out finally reached her, he told how he had been looking for her specifically to help her get home and that he had scared off some dark figure who was lurking behind her. Unfortunately, he said, he could not see who the attacker was.

On their way back to the Shrine to give LewiePs Mummy some cooling water and a room to relax in, the Officers are stopped by Thetheroo, who asks what happened. When he hears her story, he nods slowly and reveals what had happened to him. He had spent the whole day praying, focusing all of his attention on his words and his attempt at a connection with the Gods. When he came out of his trance, he says, he found that he had missed the vote, but also had a distinct memory of someone attempting to harm him. Telling his story to the officers, Thetheroo suddenly remembers what a voice told him while he prayed—a Snake had made an attempt on his life! Thanking the Gods above, he agrees to walk with the Officers to the Shrine and to help LewiePs Mummy recover from her ordeal.

By the time the group reaches the Shrine, the sun has set and full night has settled in. The Officers allow their two guests to sleep in the Shrine for the night and head back to their rooms to rest. Unfortunately, they are only able to catch a few hours of sleep before they are summoned to the home of Red Bird.

When the Officers arrive, they are shocked by what they see. The wooden door to the cottage has been thrown off its hinges and lies shattered on the ground outside. Inside, the body of Red Bird rests motionless against a chair. There are claw marks all over his arms and cheeks, and his head has nearly been ripped off his neck. Red Bird skull has been smashed and, disturbingly, it appears there are teeth marks at the edges of the wound. Quickly stepping outside, even the hardened Officers retch into the tall grass, and call for more of their fellows before going back into the house. They have been busy over the passed few days, but nothing they have dealt with has prepared them for the carnage found within the home of Red Bird.
    Night 5 (Addendum):

When the commotion from the death of Red Bird finally dies down, the villagers notice that gundam470 is missing. No one has seen him since they all gathered to vote, so they start to search for him.

It is by chance that his body is found. Someone, frustrated with the seemingly endless search for the missing man, happened to look up and see the body of gundam470 lying on the roof of one of the smaller cottages. When he is pulled down to the ground, it is found that his eyes have been torn out and his gut has been sliced in rough, ragged attacks. Most of his innards have been carried away by carrion birds and other vermin, but it the Officers still struggle carrying the bloody mess of a body to the Shrine.

Results:

Dead Players:
    Richy
    Elki
    Red Bird
    visiblehowl
    gundam470

Roles Killed:
    Necromancer
    Raven
    Villager
    Raven
    Brother

(Sorry for the fuckup, gundam470. Extra sorry because I basically outed you, too. :()

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    oooOOooOO, oh wow, oooOoooOOoo

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    How's that for coordination? People feeling better about coming forward now?

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh snap.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    oooOOOooo

cool i get the grossest death yet

oooOOOooo

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hot damn bitches.

werehippy on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wow, great job with the protection schemes.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh, and I called the visiblehowl kill. Which means someone used the powder on Elki, and I would like for someone to contact me.

Clarification on why I am still alive- I received an item that protected me from all wounds, zombie and twins. I tried to get someone to attack me, hoped it would be the zombie so I could find out who. But it looks like the zombie threat is over, so 1 more snake left.

How's that for a turnaround?

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »

Shit.

Addendum Narration coming.

sorry Gundam, but you have died.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh, and I've death-seered Frosteey and he was indeed a snake.

Gundam? Shit.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    LaOs wrote: »
    gundam470 wrote: »

Shit.

Addendum Narration coming.

sorry Gundam, but you have died.

Haha, nice. I mean, boo we lost someone, but this is pretty good.

werehippy on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Whohoo, I'm not dead!
    Thetheroo, my saviour!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
This discussion has been closed.