As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anti-Life Moment of the Week Thread 5/28

1234568»

• Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I enjoyed Iron Fist this week. I'm really looking forward to Danny's birthday next month.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    bobgorila wrote: »
    These two throwaway panels from Astounding Wolf-Man really caught me off-guard. I think they're pretty awesome though?

Nah, here's Wolf-Man's real MOTW.

Wolfman1-1.jpg

Wolfman1-2.jpg

If Wolf-Man ever needs a sidekick he can just call on Tennis Girl.

From Young Avengers Presents.
    YA1-1.jpg

Things learned: 1) Do not call a former Avenger, who has saved the Earth more times than you've taken a shit, a "skel," especially not to his teenage daughter.

2) Do not fuck with Cassie Lang.

From Iron Fist.
    IronFist1-1.jpg

The extremely casual, "But yeah, I can't do that anymore, oh well," exchange really makes it for me.

Munch on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Is "skell" an actual insult that's just completely bypassed me? Because I've never heard that before in my life...

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Virral wrote: »
    Is "skell" an actual insult that's just completely bypassed me? Because I've never heard that before in my life...

Wikipedia says "skell is a stereotypical or archetypal designation, refers to a person who is homeless, vagrant or derelict".

Never heard of it before either.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Huh, well there you go...

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Skell" is a word historically used by police to refer to lawbreakers/perps. It's pretty common in crime fiction, so I'm surprised you've never heard it. In this instance, Cassie's stepdad, a police officer, is referencing Scott Lang's past as a criminal.

It's not the worst insult one could utter, but when applied to a dead superhero, whose grieving daughter is sitting a whole foot away, it's a bit more offensive.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I really don't read any american crime fiction, so that would explain that.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You're all a bunch of skells.

YA: P #6 is almost here! Expect to wear boots that day, as I might have a problem containing certain fluids.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah I'm guessing the woman in the Wolfman panel has a power where she can create robot children or something and it'll be used later in the storyline.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I have a power where I can create human children, but it takes nine months and all the kids come out dumb and ugly.

The only way I can keep my awesome ability in check is with an inhibitor ring, or by spending some time in a jacuzzi every day.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Can anyone get me a nice avatar sized shot of Spider-man saving the day in Astonishing?
    webbing the bullet

smokmnky on