As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Return of the Creepiest thing you've ever seen?

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2006
    I begin my sojourn west. With my car packed to the gills with clothes, books, and a Pentium 2 400 PC, I make my way to South Dakota. I stop at friends' places in Tennessee, Missouri, Oklahoma and Nebraska... and take about three weeks getting there. Many of these people were elders, who offered me advice (and warnings) about the choice I was making... but I felt like I knew what i was doing and where I was going (for once), so I kept on plowing ahead.

I arrived at Pine Ridge, where i would be spending the next six months of my life. I gave floyd a box full of food (stew meat, noodles, coffee, vegetables, etc.), a little bit of rent money from the stuff I sold before hitting the road, and got to crash in a trailer outside. This began Floyd's "Dickhead School." I have talked to people who went through what I went through out there (I am not the first or the last who has gone through this), and the closest comparison is a boot camp of sorts. Pine Ridge is the poorest county in the USA. It's practically a 3rd world country. 85% of the population is unemployed, 1 in 3 adults have diabetes from the commodity food that the government is giving them to sustain themselves, and hardly any companies want to set up on the rez to give these people jobs. Gang violence flourishes and breeds there, born of governmental interference in the 70s and played out now by the children of the two sides who fought each other(If you have ever seen Val Kilmer's Thunderheart... you know the story. Everything but the Plutonium in that story is true).

There are neighborhoods where you can go at night, and those you cannot. There are places where if you park your car, it will be lit on fire and have all its windows broken. There are brutal beatings, gunfights, and murder... and the feds don't care, because its "just another Indian." I was the only white guy in Pine Ridge Village, and one of about fifty in a population of 35,000 or so in the county.

The home where I was living was less then 1/2 a mile from a BIA headquarters that was forcibly removed from the government some six months previous. for the first month or so of my living there, I had an indian sniper on the roof put a bead on me as I drove by. It wasn't until they was told where I was living that they cut it out.

Floyd is a hard teacher. He has alot of knowledge under his belt... but he also can be frightening at times. He is very connected with his spirituality, and this connection is prevalent throughout everything he does(whether you believe in spirits or not is something I will avoid altogether; everyone is entitled to their own beliefs... needless to say, mine were challenged out there, and I will tell all parts of the story as best as I can remember them). He has me mend fences, take care of and feed his horses, and type stuff up for him. He also has me help build fires for the sweat lodges, and teaches me some of the songs.

It was about three weeks into living there that Sonny (his son) and I were sent on a mission to deliver Wakpomoni District Meeting Minutes to the residents of the district. It was then that I encountered one of my most mind bending and frightening experiences ever.

Floyd's son Sonny and myself got into the F-350 pickup truck, and started delivering the minutes to the various residents of the Wakpamni district.

It was becoming dusk, and we were driving up the hill to Uncle Toughie's house. It had rained pretty heavy the past few days, and all the back roads in that county are dirt, so this turned out to be a recipe for disaster. The truck hit a mud hole, and sunk in to the bottom of the doors. for those of you who know the 350, thats REALLY FUCKING DEEP. Nothing we could do would get the truck out, so Sonny elected to run to Uncle Toughie's house and see if he would bring his tractor down to help us out of the mud hole. I stayed by the car, because cars on the rez that are left alone have the tendency to be vandalized, then lit on fire.

So i sat there alone for about 15 minutes. Around that time, it was beginning to really darken outside. I heard Sonny yell as he appeared on the top of nearby hill, and said "SLIDE OVER, KELLY!" So i did, and he dove into the driver side seat. He cranked up the truck, and started running the vehicle as hard as he could trying to get out. I asked him what was wrong, and he said that we had to leave now... that there were Wanuki here. I asked what Wanuki meant... and he said that it meant spirits.

I got out of the truck and tried pushing from the front... my legs sunk into the mud hole up to about 1/2 way up the thigh.

Sonny got out, and said that there was a house holding lodge (its a native ceremony) near Uncle Toughies that he didn't want to disturb earlier, but now didn't care if he did or didn't. He asked me if I wanted to come along. I said sure, took two HEAVY steps forward, and had the shoes sucked off of my feet.

I asked him to wait for me, but he took off. I leaned into the mudhole, painting my chest and face with some mud, grabbed my shoes, and walked out of the mud and onto the hill. I put my nasty shoes on, then crested the hill.

standing about ten feet away from me way a shadow. that is the easiest way to describe it, as it was pitch black, two dimensional, maybe eight feet tall and man shaped... but the shadow was being cast onto the empty air. It stood detached from its surroundings, and was impossible to see through or make any detail of. I suddenly grew very cold. I watched as there was movement around the area of the head, as if it were shifting its gaze... and I bolted back to the truck. I dove in, turned the lights on, and prayed for the next 20-30 minutes. I heard sloshing noises around the truck, as if something was pacing around the vehicle... but i saw nothing there... even when the sounds passed in front of the headlights.

After this hellish wait... another pickup arrived. Sonny got out of the passenger seat, and a woman got out of the driver's. She hooked a chain to my hitch, and pulled the truck out of the mud hole.

After we hit the road, sonny turned to me and told me what happened. He said that he arrived at Uncle Toughie's house and he wasn't home. He also saw a family in the middle of lodge and didn't want to disturb them... so he ran back tot he truck. As he was running, he saw something running beside him out of the corner of his eye. He said, "hey there, Kelly," but got no response. So he turned to look, and there was an eight foot tall, inky black being running right beside him. He freaked out and ran to the car as fast as he could, twisting his ankle in a prairie dog hole on the way.

He explained that he wasn't bothered on his second trip to get help... thats when i told him what happened to me. We drove back to Floyd's house, and explained to him what had happened. He told us that when he was 12, some 50-60 years ago, he was riding one of his horses on the field at the top of the hill we were at, and watched as a black being, about eight feet tall, started running towards him. He watched as it passed through the fence as if the fence were not there. His horse bucked and almost threw him off, but he managed to ride away.

He explained that the spirit was a "grandmother" of the property... something that has remained there for generations, defending... something. No one knew; it was a mystery. But whenever she shows up, it usually meant death was near.

I was told to go back out there and prepare a spirit plate for her, during the day... I planned to do that, but needed sleep... my foundations were shaken. I broke down in tears in my trailer that night, hugging my pillow for some kind of comfort. I had no idea what was going on; I was completely disconnected from everyone I knew, I felt isolated in ways I didn't think were possible, and I encountered something that I would have not put any belief in some four hours before.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • For the FutureFor the Future ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    What's so creepy about that shed?

Was a child molested in there or something?

For the Future on
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pine Ridge is really a mess, from what I've read. :(

I've also read about a sort of Bigfoot thing that's supposed to show up and walk around in times of trouble--did you hear anything about that while you were there?

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ghostsb9.jpg

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I hate that thread.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Looks like someone boxed the shed in that third pic.

I'd totally be down for boxing a haunted shed.

Al_wat on
  • MentholMenthol Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Food wrote:
    You guys need to check out this site:

http://www.infiltration.org/abandoned-roswell.html

The story I linked to is pretty creepy, but read the other ones also. The ones about getting into spas at exclusive hotels for free are also pretty cool, if not creepy.

:^:

"He found an I-beam that led off the level we were standing on, over to one of the main support vertical I-beams, about six feet away. On the other side of the I beam was a conduit rack, that roughly resembled a ladder. It clearly did go to the floor below. The problem was that the "ladder" was between the silo wall and the steel. To go down the "ladder" we would have to walk about six feet on an I-beam (falling one way 15 feet, the other way unknown), then crawl around the vertical I-beam and onto the conduit grate. We could then crawl down the grate to the next floor from which the bottom would be easy to get to down the spiral staircase."

I want to bust out my ancient half-life disc, now.

Menthol on
    sigbz8.jpg
    You're not L33T enough for IDI/RN FTP!
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So I just got done reading what was one of the scariest stories I think I have ever read. I made my girlfriend read it, and it didn't seem to affect her very much.....I was stunned. It takes a good 30 - 40mins to read, but is easily worth the time.

http://www.dionaea-house.com/

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Im pretty sure that came up early in the last thread.

maybe i should actually check it out.

Hybrid on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I had the Deja Vu experience we shared in the last time a few times this week, one of them being tonight.

*shudder*

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • KomojoKomojo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Arthil wrote:
    If you got a picture of a cat cut in two, label it properly, as in big bold letters, so we don't click it, ever.
    For the record, I was trying to be in the spirit of the old thread, and wasn't trying to "tubgirl" anybody. Also,
    [spoiler:2113267402]
    Gross-out factor aside, I actually find that picture fascinating. It's clearly an anatomical study rather than some maniac with a hacksaw, because the blood vessels are dyed red and blue.
    [/spoiler:2113267402]
    That is all. Carry on...

Komojo on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hybrid wrote:
    maybe i should actually check it out.

I highly recommend it.

Also, that was well told, Syndalis.

Silicon Enhanced's tale always gives me a shiver.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SuckafishSuckafish Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Not all that creepy, but I have a couple of mild tales to relate.

In my late teens the drive to my girlfriends place passed by a house that always gave me bad vibes. There was nothing special about the appearance of the place, and there were other houses on each side, so it wasn't a 'house in the middle of nowhere' feeling. Several months later I was driving by with my Mom and mentioned all of this - she told me it was where a good friend of my little sister lived. Talking to my sister I found out that her friends family has had numerous supernatural experiences in the place. The younger kids claiming they were talking with people that weren't there, strange noises at night, that kind of thing.

My second story is just a freaky coincidence. Growing up in the country there are only street lights in the main part of town - roads in between towns generally do not have lights, so you tend to drive with high beams to better illuminate the road. I had my high beams on as I came upon a town, and at the exact instant that I switched them to low beams every light in the town went out. Once it dawned on me what had happened it creeped me out a bit.

Third, when I was just shy of my teenage years I was a sleep walker. I half remember one occasion where my parents woke me up as I tried to drink water from the kitchen sink tap by using a fork to spoon it into my mouth. The creepy episode I have no recollection of though - and neither do my parents. All we know is that when we woke up in the morning the front door was open and my bicycle was right at the bottom of the porch steps. The conclusion we made was that I was out there doing something in my sleep, be it riding my bike or just moving it around.

Suckafish on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That roommate story is seriously creep-tastic and made more so by it's original poster being such a fucking pussy when it comes to confrontation. I don't care WHAT his excuse was, I've been that guy before. The guy who Always tries to do the right thing, not ruffle any feathers and lets shit roll off his back. Believe me, I snapped out of that right quick under far less-excruciating circumstances than that story.

Gotta say, that dog in the cabin story is my favorite out of any Creepy story I've ever heard.

Is there a good resource for this urban exploration stuff (like old, abandoned mental hospitals, haunted amusement parks and prisons)? Specifically in the New England area? I'd like to get my friends together and check one out to see if I can experience some of this nutty paranormal crap. I'm really on the skeptical fence about it but regardless the stories are AWESOME.

TankHammer on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So when does Dionaea House end? The homeless-person blog?

Mai-Kero on
    edited January 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Damn that's an unsatisfying setup. Are we supposed to look up Jack Parsons? Obviously we were supposed to follow some kind of blog trail. The original author who was writing this story could have just gotten bored a year ago I guess, if so they suck for putting all that time in and just piddling out. I just read all that stuff and now I feel like I wasted it all.

I wanna find out what happened to the man-eating house.

EDIT: Apparently the story is going to become a movie.

TankHammer on
  • drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Damn that's an unsatisfying setup. Are we supposed to look up Jack Parsons? Obviously we were supposed to follow some kind of blog trail. The original author who was writing this story could have just gotten bored a year ago I guess, if so they suck for putting all that time in and just piddling out. I just read all that stuff and now I feel like I wasted it all.

I wanna find out what happened to the man-eating house.

EDIT: Apparently the story is going to become a movie.
    My first reading of Dionaea House led me to read House of Leaves, as it should for everyone alive.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Heh. Kantankeris, I was also dissatisfied with how it tapered off enough to go that far into it. I thought it was really neat how it spanned different webpages, but it ended too soon. I'm not sure a movie can capture the spirit and it'll probably end up being a forgettable thriller.

Still, it'd be cool if the movie turned out to be really good.

Nova_C on
  • ImranImran Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ooh. A new creepiest thing thread. I love these.

This one actually happened recently to me, as in the last few weeks. My aunt doesn't live at home, but has an apartment roughly twenty-five minutes from here. Since she can't drive, it's usually up to my mom or I to pick her up from work. During the weekdays, my mom gets her and takes her home. During the weekend, it's usually me. This was just after final exams, so my sleep schedule was royally fucked up due to all the studying. I would often go to sleep at midnight only to wake up at 5:00 AM and go back to sleep at 2:00 PM. The usual result of this is that I would be extremely sleepy most of the day, but I was still capable of driving well enough.

On this particular night, I was stressed over getting my grades and wasn't in the mood to take a slow drive. I pretty much went 60mph or more the entire way there. My aunt, complaining that I don't stay there long enough, forced me to sit with her at her apartment until about 12:30 at night or so. I said I really had to leave and took my exit, grabbing a can of Coke from the fridge on the way out to stay awake. Despite being December, it was still Georgia, so it wasn't terribly cold. As long as you're wearing a jacket, you're fine, and that's under the rare occasions that the temperature dips below sixty degrees. There was really no reason, on this night at least, to wear more than a light jacket. Still, the drink was making me kind of chilly, so I turned on the heat when I got in to the car.

I had recently become a lot more paranoid with my driving. A few months prior, I was on my way to class when I accidentally swiped the side of a trashcan that was way too close to the road and my passenger-side mirror flew off. Since then, I'm constantly worried I'm driving too far on my right and even an open mailbox will send my heart beating. Usually this isn't a concern when driving late at night, as I can stay comfortably on the left side of the right lane without worrying about incoming cars that might get too close for comfort. Now, when I say "usually", I mean there are occasional exceptions, and this is one of them. Along the way back home, there is what I like to call a "Robot Master Church". It's not as big as a Mega Church, but can be very annoying, anyway. There was some youth-thing going on earlier in the night, so a few people were leaving. Not enough to cause traffic, but just enough to make it so that I wasn't the only person on the road.

At just about the halfway point to my house, I begin to speed up a bit because I want to make it home so I can get some rest. All of a sudden I see this figure almost to the immediate right of the front of my car. It's hard to describe, but it felt like time was essentially stopping still, because I was scared as hell I was about to hit this person. What was odd is that this guy was aware of me, but not. I mean, he was waving and his eyes were wide open. His face was covered up with what looked like something wrapped around his head. If you've ever heard the term T-Shirt Ninja, you know what I'm talking about. He was bundled up in a large, black jacket. What was weird about this in retrospect is that he was dressed incredibly inappropriately for the weather, much less for taking a jog against traffic. By all rights, I just hit this guy and my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to leap out of my chest. I stopped the car, put it in park, and crawled over to get out of the passenger side door (since there were still cars coming in on the other side, but my lane seemed to be relatively empty).

I started calling "Hello! Hello!" really loudly and didn't get an answer. I figured some cars would start coming, so I got back in mine and moved it in to a right turn-lane, then called the cops, then my parents. Both arrived within ten minutes. I explained what just happened, that I thought I might have hit someone but didn't hear a sound, find a body, or see the guy after I parked. The officer who was there, a guy with the canine unit, said he couldn't see any marks on the vehicle to indicate I hit anything (besides the aforementioned missing mirror). Here's where it got weird, though. As the cop got back in to his car to look around, the dog in the back started freaking the hell out. Now, I'm scared to death of dogs, so I'm very used to seeing them get agitated and lash out. This was different, though. This dog seemed genuinely frightened.

After a few minutes, the officer came back and said he couldn't find anything. His best guess was that someone was running away from something else and just turned and went in to the dearth of trees nearby after I passed by. I accepted the explanation, but was still way too freaked out to drive, so my mother took me home. I still remain unconvinced of what the officer told me, assuming that this was the best explanation he could come up with. I know for a fact that, somehow, I didn't hit a body, but something definitely ran up to my car.

Imran on
    nanasigsmallerrj4.jpg
    edited January 2007
    The only way this could be remotely scary is if the studio followed the 'urban myth' theme of the original story. Thus the only way I could see them doing the story any justice is via a leapfrog documentary as different people track down the house and disappear, then the film turns over to a new investigator.

Essentially it'll be like a barely-better version of Blair Witch and I doubt it would be too good regardless.

TankHammer on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thanks Lanz, thats the one I was talking about.

And Asura - Fuck you.:D Why is that thing so scary? What the hell is that stuff coming out of it? Aaaaaaaaaargh.

I hate sheds.

Mr Pink on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I had the Deja Vu experience we shared in the last time a few times this week, one of them being tonight.

*shudder*

God, I've had those a few times this week, and they fucking suck. They give me the heebies, and make my heart race, and I'm on edge for the next few hours.

Also, I find that when I'm doing the things that trigger the Deja Vu thing, it seems like my brain's on autopilot or something. Almost feels like my body is just doing the action so that I can realize it and go "oh shit" and panic once I snap back to reality.

Also, I've been having strange dreams lately (past few weeks), and they've all had the same.. character, I guess you'd call it.

The character is big (the height seems to vary a bit, but at least 7 feet tall or so), has these strange claws in the palm part of his hand (almost like wolverine, but on the wrong side), a big evil smile, and these yellow-red swirling eyes. Also, he's made of black. I say it's a he because of the deep, horrible voice. From head to toe, this thing is a moving, almost pulsating mass of shadow and moves in this stop-motion type movement, sort of like the creepy things from movies.

In the first dream I can remember details about, I'm moving into a newly-built house, and upon walking into the basement, I see that one of the walls has a glowing outline on it, almost as if I'm looking at a door to a room that has the lights on inside of it. I decide to grab a flashlight and check it out. As I walk towards it, there is this low growling noise. Sounds about as deep as barry white would if he was singing the lowest note a human could possibly hit. As I get closer, the growling turns into words. "Come. Enter. All will be revealed." Me, being the genius I am, decide to do what the evil voice says. I go in, and the walls are all white. The room is blinding, except for the pulsating, evil entity in the room with me. It reaches out a clawed hand, and I decide to take it. It stabs its knife-hand things through my hand, and pulls me into one of the walls. I black out. When I come to, I'm floating above the world. The evil thing is still holding my hand. I look down and realize that the whole world is dead and burning. No green, no blue. Just red and brown and black. Then I wake up. When I woke up, I swore I could see the face smiling at me from the wall, swirling eyes and all. It slowly disappeared, but it seems like I can feel something going where I go, just out of eyesight.

Anyway, if you guys want i'll post the second dream I can recall, but for now, it's sushi time. Adios!

Erin The Red on
  • SupramanSupraman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dionaea House was a fun read.
    I love creepy stories like that, the underlying tension as the plot thickens. That being said, I wanna know what happened.

Supraman on
    Sellin my comics. PM for huge list and low low prices. this the is craaaaazy supraman suprasale. All TPBs. over 142 trades. Marvel DC Image.
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I just saw guy masturbating via his camera on Xbox Live while playing Uno.

I... I don't know what to do.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dublo7 wrote:

Thread over.

Or report him, your choice.

Rohaq on
  • SpazSpaz Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Rohaq wrote:
    Dublo7 wrote:

Thread over.

Being not you, I find that fucking hilarious. :lol:

Spaz on
    graffitisig.gif
  • ThrillhouseThrillhouse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Poot wrote:

Oh wow... thinking about that really freaks me out.

Thrillhouse on
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    siliconenhanced's story kicks ass.

bruin on
  • ThrillhouseThrillhouse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Spaz wrote:
    Rohaq wrote:
    Dublo7 wrote:

Thread over.

Being not you, I find that fucking hilarious. :lol:

If you're being serious... God damn.

Thrillhouse on
  • GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I recently had Deja Vu about a prior Deja Vu experience. I shit you not.

Glyph on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This was during spring break at UC Berkeley. A housemate and I decided to get out of the house and drive to Napa for a couple of days. We stopped off at a couple of wineries and were headed back. We decided to peek in on another housemate who lived way up in the hills around Pleasanton(I think).

This friend of ours has been house-sitting for the family while they're away. This house is fucking huge. Wood exterior, large yard that has no fence and pretty much blends in with a large redwood forest less than 30yards away from the yard. We crash there for the night and bust out the wine we got and get plastered while watching movies (a lot of the independant/comedy ones). This friend also has 2 dogs, one a Golden Retriever that seems small for its breed and a big ass mutt that seems to be close to a mastiff but is the size of a Shetland Pony. At some point after 6pm (before nightfall) the dogs want to go outside to do their business.

We continue drinking and watching movies well into the night. My housemate notices its almost 10pm and the dogs are still outside. Our friend opens the door and whistles loudly into the night. The Golden Retriever comes back alone with its side covered in mud. Since this was in the summer, it meant that they went near the creek, which is a long walk into forest. He whistles some more but the other big dog doesn't appear. He gets a coat and a torch and heads out. I decide to accompany him while my housemate stays behind since he's close to passing out.

We walk up to the down-hill part of the yard and he whistles again. This time we hear a bark in the opposing direction (the golden retriever was inside the house). As we head a bit into the redwoods, lots of rustling can be heard. Eventually we reach a clearing with a large hallow tree stump that is a known hiding place of this mutt. We find him inside of it, happy to see us but with blood on his side. There's no real injury to the dog but he isn't coming out on his own. We leash him and yank him out.

We start walking back up the trail to his house. I scan ahead of us looking for the house lights as I am unfamiliar with this area. We spot the house up ahead and we let the mutt go up on his own. As my friend and I move up the steep hill side, I stop to take a deep breath. At this point everything goes dead silent as we hear rustling behind us. We both turn around and see two big ass yellow eyes staring back at us. The eyes are about high up from the ground as my shoulders. The creature is breathing heavily such that the mist made from his breaths can be visible in the darkness. My friend slowly shines the torch towards it.

[spoiler:ee868d7679]It was a fucking grizzly bear.[/spoiler:ee868d7679]

You will never see me run up a hill and into a house as fast as I did that night. We stayed indoors and called a local ranger. My friend had to change his pants from that scare, from what he told me later on. The blood from the dog's side ended up being a critter he killed or found dead. I think it was a squirrel.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2007
    I have bumped into bears before... they usually stink to high hell.

It is a frightening experience, no doubt.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That's a little vague. What do you mean "bumped" into bears? Were they alive? Did they react? Did they take your pic-a-nic basket?

Glyph on
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:
    That's a little vague. What do you mean "bumped" into bears? Were they alive? Did they react? Did they take your pic-a-nic basket?
    I used to do a bit of hiking. There have been multiple points where a bear has been around... either hearing it in the woods, seeing it on the path, or coming across a kill.

I have taken to wearing my keys on a loop on my belt to jangle as I walk when hiking/camping.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    syndalis wrote:
    Glyph wrote:
    I used to do a bit of hiking. There have been multiple points where a bear has been around... either hearing it in the woods, seeing it on the path, or coming across a kill.

I have taken to wearing my keys on a loop on my belt to jangle as I walk when hiking/camping.

All the better for them to find you and eat you. :?

DarkPrimus on
    edited January 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    syndalis wrote:
    Glyph wrote:

Just so you know...if a bear hears you approaching, they will not attack you, and will most likely try and get away. Surprising a bear is the absolute worst thing you could ever do.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Celois wrote:
    Talleyrand, I kinda know how you feel about "energy-draining malaise". My grandma's house, somewhere out in the boonies north of Auburn, CA, has that exact same effect and my entire family notices it. You just sit there and time flies by and you sleep and don't feel like doing ANYTHING. You really feel tired fast. You might be as crazy and hyper as hell but as soon as you walk into the front room and into the living room, you just kinda deaden and fall asleep. My cousin has the hyperest puppy I have ever seen and when they brought that here, it also suffered the same effects.

http://tinyurl.com/ybmcx6

Creepy stuff...hmm.

How does a mosquito story sound?

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    syndalis wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    syndalis wrote:
    Glyph wrote:

Just so you know...if a bear hears you approaching, they will not attack you, and will most likely try and get away. Surprising a bear is the absolute worst thing you could ever do.

I logically know that's true, but a more primal part of my brain is like "shit, I don't want them to know where I am".

DarkPrimus on
  • PongePonge Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This story happened when I was around about 13 years old. We live in a cul-de-sac in typical Suburbia in Scotland, and my room overlooks our high-school playing field, some tree's and our neighbours drive.

So anyways, I was sound asleep one winter night when suddenly I'm woken up by the most horrific female screaming I have ever heard. Sometimes kids fool around this street drinking at night, but these screams were different. I immediatly jumped up out of bed and went over to the window, my first thoughts where that some girl was being raped or mugged or beaten. I was sort of in shock, and wasn't sure what to do when my dad came bursting out of his room in nothing but his boxer shorts and ran outside accross the road.

Looking over at my neighbours driveway I realised what had happened. My pregnant neighbour had returned home from a party or something really late at night. It was really frosty on the roads this night, and as she had parked on her driveway (which was on a steepish slope) and started getting out of he car the car began to slip down the driveway. She got caught unawares as the car slid; half inside the car, half outside. When it reached the bottom of the driveway the door hit a lamp post and began to crush my pregnant neighbour between the door and the frame of the car. Thats when she began screaming. Within about 30 seconds half of the street where outside helping to push the car back up the driveway to release her. Ambulance was called and the baby was fine.

Have heard a few people refer to her as "Squashed Fiona" though...

Ponge on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ponge wrote:
    This story happened when I was around about 13 years old. We live in a cul-de-sac in typical Suburbia in Scotland, and my room overlooks our high-school playing field, some tree's and our neighbours drive.

So anyways, I was sound asleep one winter night when suddenly I'm woken up by the most horrific female screaming I have ever heard. Sometimes kids fool around this street drinking at night, but these screams were different. I immediatly jumped up out of bed and went over to the window, my first thoughts where that some girl was being raped or mugged or beaten. I was sort of in shock, and wasn't sure what to do when my dad came bursting out of his room in nothing but his boxer shorts and ran outside accross the road.

Looking over at my neighbours driveway I realised what had happened. My pregnant neighbour had returned home from a party or something really late at night. It was really frosty on the roads this night, and as she had parked on her driveway (which was on a steepish slope) and started getting out of he car the car began to slip down the driveway. She got caught unawares as the car slid; half inside the car, half outside. When it reached the bottom of the driveway the door hit a lamp post and began to crush my pregnant neighbour between the door and the frame of the car. Thats when she began screaming. Within about 30 seconds half of the street where outside helping to push the car back up the driveway to release her. Ambulance was called and the baby was fine.

Have heard a few people refer to her as "Squashed Fiona" though...

Ouch...

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
This discussion has been closed.