As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Any 40k tards out there?

SuperFlyTNTSuperFlyTNT Registered User regular
edited September 2004 in PAX Archive
How many of you were in the tourney? Anyone play demon hunters? This guy had 750 point army with a squad of 4 termintors, like at least 10 grey knights a leman russ and 10 imperial guard. Is that a legal army?

"Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
-Helem Boesch-
SuperFlyTNT on

• Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    It was max of 400 points, terminators are not allowed because of their save, I'm pretty sure you can have a minimum of 5 termies in a squad anyway. I don't know the stats on a leman russ, but fuck no, this isn't anything near a legal army.

I played, I did alright. My brother got 3rd with his Templar.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    KerberosKerberos Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Gortek was going to bring his Blood Angel army, but he though no one would come..... what an idiot.

Kerberos on
  • Options
    Sigma_100Sigma_100 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    i was signed up for the tourny as tyranids, but i was not able to particpate due to being 151st in line for halo 2. all in all, i think playing halo 2 was worth it (biiig understatement).

kind of a bummer though, because i wanted to try something that would have been impossible anytime else....

check this shit out:

3/4 warriors with deathspitters, toxin sacs, enhanced senses, and extended carapace. (str 6, 18" range, blast marker, AP 5, 4+ hits)

the rest of my army would be invested in gaunts. BUT since i have only two species in my whole army, every other gaunt could have a mutation...

so check it out, every other gaunt will have frickin rending claws at 3 points extra per model that has it (thats 6's to hit are auto wound with no save in H2H). the rest would have scything talons for +1 attack apiece.

i would have loved to try that out so much, ive always wanted to see what rending claws on gaunts would do (i always seem to roll lots of 6's to hit with them)

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    Gortek MoradinsonGortek Moradinson Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Death company Drop pod army.

Chaplain w/ death company. chap + 3+1d3 Deathcomp all w/ jump packs
    Tac Squad. 10. meltagun, frag grenades, sarge w/ close combat wpn.

Death Company army rules. All models automaticly fail the black rage tests. All models have the ignore wounds rules of the Death company. All models cost 30% more

Drop pods. All foot troops, Dreds, and Land speeders Deep Strike.

440ish points.

Gortek Moradinson on
    singmk2point2.jpgGifLupin_15.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    it turns out that you couldnt exceed 400 points at all, so you would need to do... something...

but ive played plenty of blood angles before and those damn death company are what really rapes. ive had a death company squad + chaplain rape my entire upper-echelon tyranid group (3 tyrant guard, hive tyrant, and a carnifex). ok it was partially due to bad luck that game (42 attacks with gaunt squad. 4+ hits, but i got only 2 hits...)

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    Gortek MoradinsonGortek Moradinson Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I see, then 5 man tac squad then!

Gortek Moradinson on
    singmk2point2.jpgGifLupin_15.gif
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    Anyone have pictures of the 40k tournament? I saw several cameras there but forgot my own.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    It was max of 400 points, terminators are not allowed because of their save, I'm pretty sure you can have a minimum of 5 termies in a squad anyway. I don't know the stats on a leman russ, but fuck no, this isn't anything near a legal army.

It wasn't a tourney game it was just for fun, but I played a similair amry and he had way less stuff at that 750 points, so I think this guy was a cheater, also his termies got like 3 attacks each in close combat and his leader got like 7 or 8. It just got annoying so i quit.

SuperFlyTNT on
    "Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
    -Helem Boesch-
  • Options
    morosemorose Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    His leader had 7 or 8? That would have to be some sort of special character or weird wargear or something unless you're exaggerating. My Wolflord only gets something like 6 attacks on a charge when maxxed out. Though honestly? There are very few players who I would play that attempt to use a Demon Hunter army. Guard + Marines in the same force is just begging for abuse.

I ended up not wanting to pack my Space Wolves up and carry them around with me to play in the tourny. I kind of regret it now though. I like the 40k in 40 minutes format a lot.

morose on
  • Options
    edited September 2004

It wasn't a tourney game it was just for fun, but I played a similair amry and he had way less stuff at that 750 points, so I think this guy was a cheater, also his termies got like 3 attacks each in close combat and his leader got like 7 or 8. It just got annoying so i quit.

did the termies get the three attacks just when they charged? cause they have 2 base anyways. the leader having 7 or 8 though is kind of ridiculous. the only thing i know of that can get up to 7 attacks is a dark eldar archon, and the archon is so broken its not even funny.
    anyways, this guy couldnt be using termies in the first place, like you said. what army specifically was he playing? just a generic space marine one?

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Sigma_100 wrote:

did the termies get the three attacks just when they charged? cause they have 2 base anyways. the leader having 7 or 8 though is kind of ridiculous. the only thing i know of that can get up to 7 attacks is a dark eldar archon, and the archon is so broken its not even funny.
    anyways, this guy couldnt be using termies in the first place, like you said. what army specifically was he playing? just a generic space marine one?

Demon Hunters

SuperFlyTNT on
    -Helem Boesch-
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    oooooh right, ok that makes sense then

Sigma_100 on