As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gods and Mortals [Phalla] - Game Over: Village Victory!

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    man, there better be some baddies biting the dust tonight, or else we are proper fucked.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, I guess I'm pretty screwed then?

Nothing I can do?

:(

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    man, if tetheroo has been playing us for a fool, he definately earned himself a phalla award next year

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Announcement:

The vote will close later tonight than expected. This is due to two things: Volleyball again tonight that wasn't the early time like I had hoped it would be, and I have been having troubles transferring my spreadsheet between home and work, so it may take a while to fix that.

It is just about six now, and the Vote normally closes at nine, but I anticipate it not closing for maybe two more hours... so 1am EST is the estimated close time.

But, if things work out that I am back and ready to go before then, the night can close at any time after the regularly scheduled time of 11pm EST.

Sorry for the delays, especially on what appears to be, from the tone in the thread, a pivotal night.

LaOs on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    bwanie wrote: »
    man, if tetheroo has been playing us for a fool, he definately earned himself a phalla award next year

And if he's been good all along and pulls us through this, he still might earn one. I mean, he managed to turn everything around after DUE almost fucked everyone over.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    if he's on the ball he has been awesome, especially since this is his first phalla.

NB: this is also my first phalla where i lived past day one.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    bwanie wrote: »
    if he's on the ball he has been awesome, especially since this is his first phalla.

NB: this is also my first phalla where i lived past day one.

this is my first phalla where I wasn't yanked out and replaced with a reserve.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, I don't have the energy to stay up and watch tonight's crazy shenanigans caused by the voteclose getting delayed.

Here's hoping I'm still alive tomorrow, just like everyone else.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Vote Closed

But... shit is going to take a while to sort out, because of the
    fucking!
    bullshit with the magically corrupted file transfer. Like, even going back to the send/receive from a couple days ago, shit is somehow "corrupted" now and won't work. Damn I am pissed... it's so stupid.

So, things will be a little while, as I have to re-catch up, but I'll get things up when I can. Terribly sorry for the delays, especially because none of you have anything to do with the problems I'm having. Gah...

LaOs on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's all good LaOs, just do what ya gotta do.

<3

JPants on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    JPants wrote: »
    It's all good LaOs, just do what ya gotta do.

<3

Yay.

The last hope came through, so I only have to go back to Day 7. woo... So, it won't be so long, but I'm still pissed... stupid "Cabinet" is supposed to let me access "My Documents" on my work station from anywhere with an internet connection, but corrupts my files like a mofo. gah.

LaOs on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Just so all villagers are clear, if Werehippy and I die tonight, then Jpants is the new network head.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Seems better safe than sorry in the home stretch. Ideally it won't matter, but trying to maximize the guards means taking risks, and if worst comes to worst the village should still be able to win with no sweat.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    zomg, the pressure.
    Shenanigans

JPants on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    zomg, the pressure.
    Shenanigans

Don't choke.
    You mean that place with all the stuff on the wall?

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    werehippy wrote: »
    Don't choke.
    You mean that place with all the stuff on the wall?

I'll try
    SuperTroopers_coolchrism5.jpg

JPants on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    And the circle is complete.

I can't decide whether my getting that going in here is the best or worst thing I've done in this phalla.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Night 8

The stones slid around the board and the Gods watched. Artol and Elsaan, Gunto and Luko; each God sat silently around the table watching the pieces manoeuvre from square to square. When half the number of active figures suddenly stopped, the Gods looked up at each other quizzically, but before anyone could say anything, the rest of the coloured tokens also came to a halt.

Watching the final actions play out with supreme astonishment, Artol jumped out of his seat, visibly fuming. Of all the bizarre and absolutely insane tactics, they manage to finally score a success? Elsaan! Brother! Do something...

Slowly standing from his chair, the Snake looked coldly at the two Gods sitting across from him. Do not think the trouble my chosen encountered tonight will be enough to save you. My brother will be avenged. My Artol’s killing blow give a taste of what is to come for those who continue to resist.

Whispering into his ear, Elsaan tried to calm Artol down as he walked him to the doorway. The dark Twins grabbed each others’ wrists, shook once, hard, and parted ways. The scowl the Snake wore was fierce as he returned to his seat and began to study the game board.

Luko and Gunto, unsure of how to respond and wary of being too friendly with the other, simply grinned and sat back down to the table without saying a word. Syl, who had been watching from the shadowed corner, also kept his tongue and said nothing, opting instead to watch the whole scene very closely and observe his fellow Gods as the game grew tighter.

Voter turnout is at its worst level yet when the final tally is counted for the vote. The Officers, not terribly concerned with the number of voters—only their choice—quickly take Gumpy and SpeedySwaf into custody, not really caring that the Village had once again failed to make up their mind on which one person to kill.

Luckily, the night is remarkably uneventful, and the Officer are well rested when they are called out to a scene in the alley between the two rows of cottages. The body of werehippy catches the eye of the first Officer on the scene.

werehippy is staring dumbly at the sky, not seeing the stars, or anything else, for that matter—his handsome face is tragically marred by the theft of his eyes. His gut has spilled all over his legs and his blood has seeped into the ground around him.

JPants comes late to the scene but is happy to have found the Officers so quickly. He tells them how his prayers revealed he had been attacked by a Snake but his faith protected him, and that he was on his way to the Shrine when he noticed the commotion.

The Officers, more concerned with dealing with the recently dead body on their hands, largely ignore JPants and his story. After they have gone for a few minutes, JPants raises one finger in front of his body and points his arm to the sky, thanking the Gods for their protection while he prayed. He knows that the end is near and just how lucky he is to have avoided death tonight.

Results:

Dead Players:
    werehippy
    SpeedySwaf
    Gumpy

Roles Killed:
    Raven
    Villager
    Villager

Night 9 will end Wednesday at 11pm, EST

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, that went pretty good. And you shall be avenged, Werehippy!

1 more snake, and only 2 suspects left. We got this game in the fucking bag.

Edit- And well done Jpants with the protection schemes.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Nice job village! One more night and it'll be all wrapped up.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    WAIT... Calculations may have to change. Results pending...

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh good lord LaOs... dont' do this to me.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, let's get this bandwagon rolling. No need for a tie tonight, I've got the other target wrapped up.

!Daedalus

Edit- Booooooooo, Laos.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    oooOOooooOooOOo

Good luck all.

o000ooooo00ooooooo

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    LaOs wrote: »
    WAIT... Calculations may have to change. Results pending...
    Oh good lord LaOs... dont' do this to me.

Okay... calculations rechecked and everything is certain. Narration post to be restored in one moment. (Notice there is no change. Sorry for any heart attacks.)

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You gave me a heart attack there Laos. To the village, we have 5 villagers, 1 fox, and 2 snakes left.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    You gave me a heart attack there Laos. But I know what you mean, we have 5 villagers, 1 fox, and 2 snakes left.
    Sorry about that. Really.

FYI:
    Your count or miscount was not what triggered the check nor was the check related to anything anyone has done or posted in this thread so far. Just to clarify for everyone who may think anything was related--it was all behind the scenes stuff.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I didn't mean to address that to you, sorry. That was more towards the village as a whole.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    There's only 7 people left, so i think you mean 4 villagers, 1 fox, 2 snakes.

also, 9 badguys, yikes!!

!vote Daedalus

Even if I die tonight, village is still gonna win! Yay good guys!

JPants on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oops, was still counting Werehippy as alive.

You will be avenged!

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I didn't mean to address that to you, sorry. That was more towards the village as a whole.

The clarification seemed important enough to warrant a post. The idea that the re-check might have been connected to anything posted needed to be nipped in the bud to cut off any possible meta-gamey nonsense that would ultimately not matter nor be helpful (rather, would be distracting).

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    And on that note, it is time for le bed. Night all, sweet dreams of Mongooses (mongeese? idk).

JPants on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Daily Call, but I don't expect any new answers today. If you haven't gotten an item by now you are definitely a baddie.

CONTACT ME OR JPANTS IF YOU HAVE AN ITEM.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Facts:

1) Last night, there were two votes for Gumpy and one vote for Swaf. The one vote for Swaf was, of course, Thetheroo. The results were a tie.

Correlation: Thetheroo is the remaining Fox, assuming that there is only one left, anyway.

2) On day 2, we recieved an odd narration.
    Before he could finish, Gunto growled and pushed back from the table. This is stupid. You, pointing to the dark Twins, are stupid. You are all stupid. I cannot believe I agreed to work with you—I should have known better. You lot are doomed to fail, addressing the coalition Gods, and it will be your own fault. No, I do not fear the Raven or the Snake, and I do not need your help to best them. You will not drag me down with you, fellows!

3) The only person who has "confirmed" that the Fox has the same win condition as the villiage is Thetheroo.

The fox doesn't, does it? You've been leading us on, all this time, keeping the votes close and trying to kill off all the Villiagers and Snakes/Ravens both because you're the neutral faction.

!Thetheroo

Daedalus on
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Good luck everyone!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ooOooOooOOooOOooOooo

Nyah ha ha

oOooooOoooOOOoOOOOoo

Gumpy on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Facts:

1) Last night, there were two votes for Gumpy and one vote for Swaf. The one vote for Swaf was, of course, Thetheroo. The results were a tie.

Correlation: Thetheroo is the remaining Fox, assuming that there is only one left, anyway.

He did say something about 'powder', which I guess nullifies a vote.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Facts:

He did say something about 'powder', which I guess nullifies a vote.

He said he would use the powder on Gumpy and Swaf in case they decided any last minute... shenanigans.

I would like to know who the other target of suspicion is.

Either way I believe we're being played for fools for a baddie or neutral victory.

James on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It also looks like he deliberately tied up the vote on day 5, too.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The reason the vote was a tie yesterday was because Jpants' vote did not count, he was busy praying for his safety and did not make it to the vote. I did the same thing on Day 5, which also proves I had an item that day.

And about the Fox win condition, let's go all the way back to the Sign up thread.
    The dark twin gods want to rule and use the combined power of the Sacred Mountain Gods to scour the world and destroy what they deem unworthy (nearly everything!).

The trickster god is enamoured with humans and loves infuriating his fellow gods, especially the vile plans of the dark twins; he does not care if he rules but works to ensure that humans live.

The quiet god wants to rip the barrier between the living and the dead and flood the world with the souls of the departed so he can spread his influence to the living.

The rest of the gods, unable to fight the twins on their own, have put aside their differences and banded together in order to prevent the evil twins from ruling the Sacred Mountain.

Seems to me like the Fox has the same win conditions.

Thetheroo on
This discussion has been closed.