As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

EASY RIDIN' aka. strap this engine between your legs and hang on for dear life.

• MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Jesus though, the Ducati 999R (MSRP $31,000) is a gorgeous piece of machinery. The fun part is, Ducatis & Aprilias don't really hold up to their Japanese counterparts. From a pure performance standpoint, the Kawis/Suzukis/Yamahas/Hondas will beat out the Eurobikes in almost every way. Seems the Ducks are known for having awesome braking power, but ... when your vehicle weighs in at 400 lbs wet, it's pretty damn easy to stop, regardless. The Kawi ZX6/ZX10Rs also have a built in slipper clutch, which is fantabulous.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • BrocratesBrocrates __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Stale wrote: »
    I can't abide sport bikes. Uncomfortable as all hell.

I'm also 6'5".... that probably has something to do with the fact I can't stand having my legs tucked back behind and under me.

Now cruisers, Cruisers I like. Cruisers are comfortable.

My first bike was a 1978 Harley Electra Glide. Totaled in 1999, a soccer mom decided stop signs didn't apply to her, hit her front quarterpanel as I laid it over and she ran up on it. Sold it for salvage.

My next bike, which I'm hoping to buy in the next year or two, is an exile Fat Bloke.

fatBloke3.jpg

Thats bad ass

Brocrates on
  • iplaybassiplaybass Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    that's a damn fine looking bike, stale.

iplaybass on
    fsradiosig.jpg
    R.I.P.
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    japan has some insane looking cruisers/scooters

20080604-ff1im85x26qpqww1571d2bykii.jpg

trying to find a picture of some of the scooters

Faricazy on
  • LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Leli wrote: »
    I'm 5' exactly and about 98 lbs.

Honda CBR125 would be ideal for you. Smaller bike. Or the Kawasaki Ninja 250. Anything on the low ranger.

The Ninja's seat height is 30.5" though, and that would mean I'd be on my toes. I don't think I'd be able to avoid tipping while backing up.

Leli on
    edited June 2008
    297179891_b3c77d1ba8.jpg

maxam1.jpg

maxam2.jpg

Faricazy on
  • OdinOwnsYeAllOdinOwnsYeAll Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    duane.jpg
    or
    Honda_Rebel_1_0w.jpg
    my dream bikez

OdinOwnsYeAll on
    [image]img84.imageshack.us/img84/7858/ubd7248ei3.png[/image]
  • Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    See, I wouldn't want a motorcycle, but a scooter like that would be aces.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
    edited June 2008
    they're called cruisers scooters

they're huge in japan and there is a lot of custom scooters done

everyone's an akira

Faricazy on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

There's always cruisers like the Honda Rebel - 250cc, seat height about 26 inches.
    Or for a sportier bike, the VTR 250 (Sorry I don't know if it's available in America). Seat height about 29 inches.
    The thing with the seat height is, when you swing your leg over and sit on the bike, it sinks an inch or two.
    Also the dealership can set up the bike to suit you when you buy it - adjust the ride height and handlebars, make it 'fit' you.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
    edited June 2008

Honda CBR125 would be ideal for you. Smaller bike. Or the Kawasaki Ninja 250. Anything on the low ranger.

The Ninja's seat height is 30.5" though, and that would mean I'd be on my toes. I don't think I'd be able to avoid tipping while backing up.

This is something you take into consideration when you park it. I'm 5'8", and I could just barely flat-foot my 6R. You just lean on one leg and scoot back that way, or park in such a place that you can go straight out the other side, or park it backwards. Banked parking spots are the best. Roll past it, and use the decline to roll it backwards into the spot. When you leave, you fire it up and away you go.

EDIT: If you're strong enough, you can pivot the bike on the side-stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAhGIlGspU

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I got a Ninja 250 last November and I've been riding it around a bunch, and it's awesome. It isn't very powerful, but I have absolutely no problem getting up to 80 on the highway. It wasn't working when I got it, so I got it cheap and fixed it up and now it runs awesome. I'm extremely happy with it, it's so much fun.

The next bike I want to get is a Suzuki SV650, but that might not be for a few years.

Lemming on
    edited June 2008
    For the record, 120+ MPH (193 KPH) shakes your head around like a roulette ball. 150+ is pretty goddamn uncomfortable.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    edited June 2008
    I think the fastest I've gone on a highway was 90, and I felt like I was being pushed all over the place. Then again, the 250 is a tiny bike. What kind of bike were you riding?

Lemming on
    edited June 2008
    2005/2006 Kawi ZX6R. 163 was about tops for that bike.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • I Am Not A BearI Am Not A Bear Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've gotten to around 240 km/h on my FZ1 but that was on a controlled racing track on a completely windless day.

I Am Not A Bear on
    edited June 2008
    I've gotten to around 240 km/h on my FZ1 but that was on a controlled racing track on a completely windless day.

I've decided I'm going to only use metrics from now on. 240 sounds way more impressive than 150. :D

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

Keep that shit up and you will be dead before you know it. You may be a better rider than Valentino Rossi, but 99% of the cars on the road don't even know you're there when you're right in front of them.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
    edited June 2008
    Honestly, it was a trip. The moment you break your normal threshold and start approaching 160 km/h and then breaking that and continue going...surreal. Everything simply blurs together into continous lines. Everything went silent. I don't recall hearing anything. Just eyes straight ahead and my white knuckle grip.

It was with a racing instructor and I'll be taking some more lessons from him this summer. Guy rides a completely modified 05' Hayabusa.

I Am Not A Bear on
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, just the other day, during one trip I had two people try to merge into my lane on the highway :/

The tiny little "meep meep" of the horn doesn't help much

Lemming on
    edited June 2008

Keep that shit up and you will be dead before you know it. You may be a better rider than Valentino Rossi, but 99% of the cars on the road don't even know you're there when you're right in front of them.

Yes, I'm aware. This was on open highway, with no cars in sight, with the sun up. I've done it a total of twice, and both time in the same conditions. Had I died, it would have been completely my fault, and no one else would have gotten hurt. You know, I've had a fuckload more close calls because people didn't see me at 30-50 MPH than I ever had on the freeway.

EDIT: Including the accident where some lady made a left turn right across my path. (See pg. 1)
                     v

MayGodHaveMercy on
    edited June 2008
    I like when people look right at you and turn into your right of way anyway.

Lemming on
    edited June 2008
    They're not looking right at you, they're looking right through you because you just don't register in their brain. The few times I've ridden a motorcycle on the road were more than enough to convince me to keep my two-wheeled entertainment strictly off-road from then on. Although I do live in a place where people seem unable to merge from an entry ramp onto the freeway with out slowing to 10 km/h. Which forces people in the mergeing lane to slow, which then makes all the people in the other lane slow to a crawl, so every onramp has it's own tailback... Accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • AlwaysAngryGuyAlwaysAngryGuy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I totaled my Ninja 500 so now I'm riding a 2006 SV650.

I have some pictures of it but they are all pretty terrible. Also, none are recent. I just got around to doing fender eliminator and I put on a slip-on exhaust from M4.

As for being a short rider, I'm only 5'6" with a really short inseam. I'll never flat foot any bike I ride in the future. The only time it ever causes me any problems is when parking. You just have to plan out where you park carefully. Once you are moving, one foot on the ground is all you need. I've tried that pivoting thing and while I can do it, it makes me extremely uncomfortable, and it can't be good at all for your side stand.

AlwaysAngryGuy on
  • ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Honestly, it was a trip. The moment you break your normal threshold and start approaching 160 km/h and then breaking that and continue going...surreal. Everything simply blurs together into continous lines. Everything went silent. I don't recall hearing anything. Just eyes straight ahead and my white knuckle grip.

It was with a racing instructor and I'll be taking some more lessons from him this summer. Guy rides a completely modified 05' Hayabusa.

i just got home from a ride from seattle to vancouver. I'm still chilled asl all fuck. fucking rain and cold in fucking june.

Anyway, i topped 160kph for the first time and yeah... wow. It was something.

Course, the visor in my helmet cracked off the day before, so my safety glasses were rattling around crazy like, so I didn't get up to 170, but i'm pretty happy with how easy i hit 160.

motorcycle.jpg

My babe. 1997 Suzuki Marauder, 800. Plus me with my retarded aviators and indianna jones jacket.

Zonkytonkman on
    edited June 2008
    That is a cool dude right there.

I Am Not A Bear on
    edited June 2008
    the jacket was 10 fucking dollars

TEN FUCKING DOLLARS

i love it

Zonkytonkman on
    edited June 2008
    Nice score. You're from Vancouver? You look very much like a buddy of mine who lives in Langley. Weird.

I Am Not A Bear on
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My CB550 spun a bearing earlier this year, so I have been without motorcycle. Which sucks. I'm looking very hard at the new KLR650; it would make a nice all-weather commuter, plus I could do some sweet ADVrider stuff.

Fats on
    edited June 2008
    do you live across the street from azns

Faricazy on
    edited June 2008
    i am living in vancouver these days, yes. I don't think i live in langley.

You?

Zonkytonkman on
    edited June 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »

my entire neighbour hood is asians.

like, freaking everywhere

Zonkytonkman on
    edited June 2008
    i am living in vancouver these days, yes. I don't think i live in langley.

You?

I live in goddamn in Stabville, Canada.

Also known as Edmonton.

I Am Not A Bear on
    edited June 2008
    haha. Sucker.

vancouver's pretty sweet. you should think about living somewhere that isn't edmonton.

Zonkytonkman on
    edited June 2008

going by the blue civic that is cut off

though, it may be a decently modded car. at least the rim choice is pretty good. got any pics of it?

Faricazy on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've got a nice Beemer F650ST.

Old, busted seat that's had black duct tape thrown all over it to hide the torn seat, but dammit I love that thing.

Khavall on
    edited June 2008

going by the blue civic that is cut off

though, it may be a decently modded car. at least the rim choice is pretty good. got any pics of it?

are you asking me if i have pics of my neighbours car?

Zonkytonkman on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Getting a motorcycle is one of those things that I want to do one day when I am not horribly debt ridden.

My grandmother at the ripe old age of 65 had a Honda Rebel that she was willing to give to me (but I would have to transport it 800 miles to Florida).

I think she still has it, and I still think she uses it. She's almost 70 now.

I'm not sure if Honda Rebels are good, but I imagine anything with two wheels and an engine is adequate to learn on.

Jasconius on
    edited June 2008
    yamaha just announced this bike

2009 Star Moto VMax

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/04/officially-official-2009-star-motorcycles-vmax-with-live-pict/
    As the preeminent power cruiser, Yamaha has seen fit to throw all of its go-fast tech into the 1679cc V-Four engine, including four valves per cylinder with both chain (intake) and gear-driven (exhaust) dual overhead cams, an EXUP valve in the exhaust, fuel injection with Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle and Intake along with a rather high 11.3:1 compression ratio. All of which adds up to 197 horsepower at the crank. The five-speed tranny features a slipper clutch and leads to a shaft drive. Expect a nice rush of power at around 6,650 RPM as the intake funnels shrink to their shortest length, which is sort of an electronic version of the iconic V-Boost from the original edition.

D:

20080604-rcwxa2uyrp6mf7g4g6aqkx5fs6.jpg

that is a cool looking bike

and probably very fast

Faricazy on
    edited June 2008
    are you asking me if i have pics of my neighbours car?
    yeah. why is that weird?

Faricazy on