As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ikariam: Burning the World, one kitty at a time

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Huh... BRO accepted braddley as a new member.

Darian on
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    hahahah what the FUCK

baidol you sure pick em

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Since I saw something about wanging someone who applied for one of the alliances that no one knew, I'm posting here, asking which alliance I should join.

My towns are:
    Spoit @ 47:68 / Anarkia / Sulfur
    Spoit @ 47:66 / Tropicana / Marble
    Spoit @ 44:69 / Polis (undecided) / Crystal

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just lost desire to pick up my colonies after some of the more grating bugs... but, picking up again, and HOT DAMN, thats a lot of resources. SO, the Glorious People's Republic of Snack Roadia is gaining healthy amounts of steam.

I haven't followed the various bugs though, is Zerg Rushing still the preferred strategy of pillaging?

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What is the research I need to do that lets me make up shit like Minx and Jaden? That's some awesome... no, wait, what's the right word.... exceedingly moronic dumbassery. Yeah.

You tell 'em that.

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just lost desire to pick up my colonies after some of the more grating bugs... but, picking up again, and HOT DAMN, thats a lot of resources. SO, the Glorious People's Republic of Snack Roadia is gaining healthy amounts of steam.

I haven't followed the various bugs though, is Zerg Rushing still the preferred strategy of pillaging?

You zerg with your spies. Use the firefox plugins to find good targets (my standards: cities higher than 10 or so, 10+k gold per hit, military 30% of mine or less, decently high total score with a low mil score, inactivity). Send spies to all of those, I can do like 10-15 on a target search, which I only need to do every once in a while. Look at the cities, anything with a level 2 port or less I drop, unless they're a gold-heavy target. I check out the walls but that doesn't really affect my decision. Of the 5-10 targets left I find the 2-4 with the smallest defenses and the best loot/gold-per-hit, and I wang em.

Have enough spy targets and in my experience there's always a few great ones you can bump off with just a couple swordsmen. And after the first wave or two you can just send a pair of phalanx to em 6 times a day til they're dry. Then you can switch to other targets, and when those are dry you can often switch back to the first.

There's one guy I've been farming for weeks now. Never builds defenses, never complains. I hit his 3 cities for 9-19 boatloads each til they're dry, hit other guys for a few days, then come back for a fresh crop.

Scooter on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've looted this U_N guy's cities 24 times today for a total of 2,876,163 gold, 29,677 wood, and several hundred luxury resources per pillage (mostly wine and crystal). :D

edit: haha he just wrote to me! First time this has happened.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Saw some PAXers higher on the scoreboard than me

good going ya'll!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My new city locations:
    Blue map @ 10:40 / Blue map / Marble
    Blue map @ 10:40 / Shump / Marble
    Blue map @ 14:41 / Platformer / Wine

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    PAX high scorers

1. 41 Karenna 82,497
    2.. 57 devoir 75,401
    3. 66 Skarsol 71,772
    4. 88 Mith 66,065
    5. 102 Baidol 62,826
    6. 169 Darian 56,422
    7. 196 DasScoot 54,089
    8. 235 Turtleboy 51,442
    9. 320 Darklyre 46,977
    10. 532 Charlemagne 40,529

Scooter on
  • Options
    FanaticalistFanaticalist Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    hmxmoss wrote: »
    What is the research I need to do that lets me make up shit like Minx and Jaden? That's some awesome... no, wait, what's the right word.... exceedingly moronic dumbassery. Yeah.

Between Ikariam and Goal Line Blitz, I am absolutely basking in the glow of internet stupidity. Is this really what humanity has become? D:

Fanaticalist on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Between Ikariam and Goal Line Blitz, I am absolutely basking in the glow of internet stupidity. Is this really what humanity has become? D:

I wonder if you've read the xbox.com forums... o_O

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Aw, crap. Just updated to latest Kronos, and the resource/upgrade popup display is fscked on FF2.

And I'm not upgrading to FF3 just yet... Tried RC1, it blew chunks performance-wise. I'll wait a while.

Okay, just tried FF3 RC2... and they must have fixed whatever was causing massive CPU spikes I was getting with RC1. Seems fast, smooth, and works properly with Kronos.

Yay!

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
  • Options
    maturinmaturin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    PAX high scorers

1. 41 Karenna 82,497
    2.. 57 devoir 75,401
    3. 66 Skarsol 71,772
    4. 88 Mith 66,065
    5. 102 Baidol 62,826
    6. 169 Darian 56,422
    7. 196 DasScoot 54,089
    8. 235 Turtleboy 51,442
    9. 320 Darklyre 46,977

These aren't accurate. I had 69000 before I got the bug. I now have 30000.

maturin on
    Danes have the DONG ENERGY !
    tomblag
    19,48 / Gulf of Blag / Sulfur
    10,40 / Blager Fjord / Marble
    14,45 / Blaget Sound / Wine
    12,53 / Blaga Bay / Crystal
    25,42 / Blagoon Cove / Marble
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Spoit wrote: »
    Since I saw something about wanging someone who applied for one of the alliances that no one knew, I'm posting here, asking which alliance I should join.

My towns are:
    Spoit @ 47:68 / Anarkia / Sulfur
    Spoit @ 47:66 / Tropicana / Marble
    Spoit @ 44:69 / Polis (undecided) / Crystal

You're moderately close to both groups, and very close to neither. I usually say to join us, but I've run out of room, so drop WPAX an app when you get the chance.

Darian on
  • Options
    CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Blegh, I've been slipping due to not pillaging. So lazy... D:

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ready to build 4th colony. Thinking Crystal, any good crystal islands got any spots available?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    maturin wrote: »
    Scooter wrote: »
    PAX high scorers

1. 41 Karenna 82,497
    2.. 57 devoir 75,401
    3. 66 Skarsol 71,772
    4. 88 Mith 66,065
    5. 102 Baidol 62,826
    6. 169 Darian 56,422
    7. 196 DasScoot 54,089
    8. 235 Turtleboy 51,442
    9. 320 Darklyre 46,977

These aren't accurate. I had 69000 before I got the bug. I now have 30000.

These are straight out of the game list, so, I dunno.

Scooter on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I haven't posted a score list because there are bugs with it after the recent server breakdowns.

devoir on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Who's attacking Bardy? Or someone in AOOA?

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    KarennaKarenna Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Baidol wrote: »
    This...this is perhaps the best thing every written.
    Minx and Jaden blah blah bombs! blah blah multiple personality

What the shit was that? My brain is trying to hang itself after reading that nonsensical crap.
    Please tell me you're going to blockade and pillage him into the stone age for that.

Karenna on
    389eb5ab62e67d83.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    They need to bring back occupation.

devoir on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Boom!

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ah, good. My targets have their gold back.
    skarsol, could I get a list of the members in Vex? A few of them look like they might make reasonable targets, and a significant number are inactive.
    (and how are you getting this data, anyway?)

Linden on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Not important, you get the data you want. :P

devoir on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Oh No! Please don't send anymore ships to die in my ports! I can't handle all the wreckage...it slows down my ships! I can't handle all your dead boats!

On the 06.06.2008 22:13 TactileHedonist wrote::
    > This attack is retaliation to your attack on AoW alliance member Doubloon"

Fishing for responses/cat poetry.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Karenna wrote: »

What the shit was that? My brain is trying to hang itself after reading that nonsensical crap.
    Please tell me you're going to blockade and pillage him into the stone age for that.

This game has the greatest players
    I have told Juhdora to set sail with 2 other newday bombs to be delivered to your warehouse

There are so many things in just that one sentence. I mean... Juhdora the Sea Witch... What?!?! o_O

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    maturinmaturin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hmm looks like they may have fixed the score bug. I think Juiceforjesus and some other's had incorrect stuff too; are yours back to normal too? Mine is 71240 looks about right.

I haven't used spies since yesterday... is that shit fixed yet? /crosses fingers

maturin on
    Danes have the DONG ENERGY !
    tomblag
    19,48 / Gulf of Blag / Sulfur
    10,40 / Blager Fjord / Marble
    14,45 / Blaget Sound / Wine
    12,53 / Blaga Bay / Crystal
    25,42 / Blagoon Cove / Marble
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yes! Score's back to normal. In fact, it has jumped up quite a bit thanks to my pillaging today. Now in the top 500, e-peen restored to full girth.

Also, member list is back in the embassy.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    skarsol wrote: »
    Who's attacking Bardy? Or someone in AOOA?
    I'm attacking him for being a little shit, he said he joined BRO but it doesn't show in his alliance tag. If you want me to stop I will, but just remember that this is the guy who has been yelling and whining all day yesterday.

Also: that Bomb thing is hilarious.

Aldo on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am being attacked by a Bardy2/bardy3 from AOOA. Of course I did attack an ally of his first but still!

Bardy - Bardy2 - 48:17
    Bardy - Bardy3 - 47:17

I attacked:

SaudiVillage2 - Macaphrobes 36:18
    SaudiVillage3 - Macaphrobes 36:18

He is an ok target, gives 36k gold a hit, 300 resources. Oh and I've intercepted about 4k marble and 3k wood. So all in all nice. I can see why he now has asked his ally

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh sorry, Bardy is someone else than Braddley. I'm way too good at causing confusion. >_<

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I think confusion helps everyone, in the long run

Kalkino on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I think confusion helps everyone, in the long run
    Even your allies.

---

I read through the BRO topic and they're all "hey guy who joined a few days ago and is acting like a moron, why don't you come and join our alliance! ^_^" For me this seals the deal: BRO is worse than us, they're a zerg guild that will take anyone on board. The only protection they offer is that of a few big military guys who love to take a piss at other players.

I'm not quite sure why Eddy is still part of their alliance, really. :?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    lol that guy who attacked me in revenge sent two waves of soldiers....but no ships....

Kalkino on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    Karenna wrote: »

This game has the greatest players
    I have told Juhdora to set sail with 2 other newday bombs to be delivered to your warehouse

There are so many things in just that one sentence. I mean... Juhdora the Sea Witch... What?!?! o_O

Two of Jaden's cities are nearby, but his other two colonies are too far away for me to attack. However, if any of you want one of his special bombs, his other cities are located at 35:26 and 42:91, creatively named _Blue_Star_3 and _Blue_Star_4. Minx also has a city at 42:91 named _Minx_1. I am looking for Minx's other cities. Be aware that 35:26 is heavily populated by other HLA players, so if you go in, make sure you have back-up.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ready to build 4th colony. Thinking Crystal, any good crystal islands got any spots available?

Garu and I are on a quite nice one at [37:45]; 15 crystal, 16 sawmill, one slot left open. But you already have a crystal island... wouldn't marble (open slot on 43:11) be better?

Edit: Kalkino, shall we take a look at 35:26? That sounds too fun to miss

Edit2: Total military of HLAs on that island is 280k; Urahonky has a city on there, as well, though. He might get caught in the backblow, so we should make sure he's got defenses set. Or we should let him get in on the action.

Darian on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Darian wrote: »

Garu and I are on a quite nice one at [37:45]; 15 crystal, 16 sawmill, one slot left open. But you already have a crystal island... wouldn't marble (open slot on 43:11) be better?

My one crystal island is under-developed as it's filled with deadbeats and I've got two well-developed marble islands already (one already being on 43:11). I'd like to diversify. I'll never get the resources to upgrade my research and get that elusive 6th city with the amount of crystal I'm currently producing.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    In that case, I'd suggest you actually go for wine, and then start funneling more wood into your crystal from your other colonies. A wine slot should open up on 24:21 within the next few days. But it's all up to you. I can trade my crystal for marble, if you need more crystal.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hmm. I had 9.8k wine for sale last night for 28g a piece. I wake up this morning and it's gone and I'm definitely richer, but there's no record of anyone showing up and buying the stuff.

It's kinda funny, I was struggling to get the wine to upgrade my palace before, and now that I have 2 wine cities and another raiding even more wine than I produce, I'm completely drowning in the stuff.

Scooter on