As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game ON] Team Fortress 2: Dear Door, have fun in the army, love PA

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    or to perma ban anyone that gets them all within a week

Barcardi on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Centipeed wrote: »
    The problem with the Pyro update is that there's going to be an achievement where you have to kill so many people by setting them alight and then them burning to death afterwards. But everyone is going to be playing Pyro, farming achievements, so unless they change Pyros to make them burn, it might not be an easy achievement to get.

Nobody do this. It was okay with medic, it really was. The kritzkrieg helps out the team. The ubersaw=more ubers, which also helps out the team.

If you go and fucking farm the achievements for the other classes it just seems unfair for the people who actually play the class. If I'm running around trying my best to get the achievements in normal play, and I see some nub swinging about the Axtinguisher because he spent a few hours farming, well that sucks.
    the solution is for valve to unlock the weapons by default

People won't have to mass-farm them if the achievements can be...achieved without unreasonable effort. Like I said before, as long as we don't have anything as ridiculous as one million healing in a single life it should be fine.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I hope people will try to farm the pyro and end up hating the class so they never play it again.

ever

tofu on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    i am so farming them

tyrannus on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I will play axero infinity more times to make up for the laxe of more people playing the claxe

Lemming on
  • Options
    KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »
    i am so farming them

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    AXE AXE AXE AXE AXE

Lemming on
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Seriously, Valve should release the achievements in pairs for maximum hilarity. For example, the Pyro Achievements are going to make it really fun to play a Heavy for a fair while due to all the suicidal idiots playing Pyro and having no idea what they're doing. Why not release the Heavy Achievements at the same time? Or the Sniper Achievements?
    Fuck it, release them all at once. Then we can read about someone killing themselves by playing for several days straight trying to unlock them all at once.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So about the new map. Looks cool, but it feels a bit too open for me. I get the heebie-jeebies thinking about having to cross all that with snipers at the other end.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    So about the new map. Looks cool, but it feels a bit too open for me. I get the heebie-jeebies thinking about having to cross all that with snipers at the other end.

Play Spy?

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yes more spy friendly maps please.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hah, I start up after a hiatus and break both my player and building kills in one life records for pyro in one sitting.

Any clue what the modifications for pyro outside of the unlockables are going to be? And are the axestinguisher crits going to be reduced like the regular damage is going to be?

Savant on
  • Options
    Retr0Retr0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    We should set up a passworded achievement server, public ones have idiots who come on and repeatedly kill you.

Retr0 on
  • Options
    martymarty Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

what new map

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Retr0 wrote: »
    We should set up a passworded achievement server, public ones have idiots who come on and repeatedly kill you.

Yeah, man.

FUCK those guys for trying to play the game.

Garthor on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Garthor wrote: »

Yeah, man.

People wanting to play the game shouldn't be joining servers running maps such as achievementbox.

Peewi on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Peewi wrote: »

Yeah, man.

People wanting to play the game shouldn't be joining servers running maps such as achievementbox.

People not wanting to play the game shouldn't be playing the game.

Garthor on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Remember your pyro training:

Burn a person and run away before they can whip out their weapon, then attack from an unexpected angle.

In the second ambush, would you rather have the flamethrower or a critaxe?

When I played tf2 for the first time on launch I was disappointed that being on fire was an inconvenience rather than a death knell. I at least expected the effect to be noise heavy, but every class but snipers and spies can learn to deal. You could pretty much ignore it if you had more than 100 health.

Now, with the axetinguisher, nobody can ignore the flame. They must live in fear of the pyro around the corner as well as the the enemy that sees your beacon of light.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Peewi wrote: »

Yeah, man.

People who want to be playing the game but are being killed by an overpowered unlocked weapon need to be playing on acheivementbox. 8-)

or can't be arsed spending a few weeks unlocking them and want them straight away.

Retr0 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The only Medic Achievement I can't reasonably foresee getting no matter how long I play is Big Pharma. I haven't ever seen a Heavy good enough to make it happen; either they're awful and die swiftly, or there are players of a similar caliber on the opposing team that make the Heavy into spraypaint. Otherwise, once I get the Kritzkrieg a lot of the "Assist X Killing Y People" Achievements should become a lot easier.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The only Medic Achievement I can't reasonably foresee getting no matter how long I play is Big Pharma. I haven't ever seen a Heavy good enough to make it happen; either they're awful and die swiftly, or there are players of a similar caliber on the opposing team that make the Heavy into spraypaint. Otherwise, once I get the Kritzkrieg a lot of the "Assist X Killing Y People" Achievements should become a lot easier.

The only real way i can see getting that is if you stand outside their spawn and they all rush out at once.

Anybody got this legitimately?

Retr0 on
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You can get it as Red on Dustbowl 1-1 against particularly bad teams. Have the heavy fire down their spawn staircase and mow people down as they rush up. Crits will knock the heavy back without killing him, which will prevent him from taking further fire and allow him to pick up the full health pack. Make sure not to stand in sniper range.

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I love this image. You can just see the engie cranking away behind the sentry.
    xoislookinggood.png

Retr0 on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Why don't you just heal Enders when he plays?

Fellhand on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fellhand wrote: »

Doesn't want to wait in line.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited June 2008

If my ping wouldn't result in me spectacularly killing myself by moving via Brownian Motion, sure. It's just that legendarily good Heavies like Enders are pretty damn rare, especially on Australian public servers. Most just go HUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR CHAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean for God's sake, why do they snipe with a Chaingun? WHY?

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Big pharma is perfectly possible to get via normal play. I've got around 5 hours as heavy played since launch, and I've managed to clock up more then 20 kills as a heavy with a medic on dustbowl 2 at least once.

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I have been killed by a sniping chaingun.

I immediately went and flagellated myself with live electric eels.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Cause people like me go sniper and laugh at the free points.

theantipop on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    I have been killed by a sniping chaingun.

I immediately went and flagellated myself with live electric eels.

As you should.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigKevBigKev Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You guys know there is a thing that lets you edit your steam achievements ie unlock everything instantly.

I see no reason not to use it.

BigKev on
    Steam ID : BigKev87
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    There's one made by a goon, yes.

Thing is it'll get found out eventually and steam will do something to stop it. (or try to)

Retr0 on
  • Options
    Fatty-McPhatFatty-McPhat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I did the resetplayerstats in console like 5 days ago and they're still reset. It didn't reset my steam community ones or achievements, but the ones I see when playing which is exactly what I wanted. Before when I tried it would just reset until I quit TF2 and opened it again.

Fatty-McPhat on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    First, cue up Moonlight Sonata. If you don't have a recording sitting around, you can use this Youtube here:

Now look at this picture:
    fallenscoutiu6.jpg

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kritzkrieg doesn't work for those achievements, I've done them a million times and they never register. It needs to be a regular uber.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    FirebrandFirebrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That is utter genius.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kritzkrieg doesn't work for those achievements, I've done them a million times and they never register. It needs to be a regular uber.

That's not my experience from PASMO. Crit ubers worked just fine for those achievements.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

If my ping wouldn't result in me spectacularly killing myself by moving via Brownian Motion, sure. It's just that legendarily good Heavies like Enders are pretty damn rare, especially on Australian public servers. Most just go HUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR CHAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean for God's sake, why do they snipe with a Chaingun? WHY?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I sometimes use the chaingun at range for harassment and suppression fire. Only if someone else is working at close-range, though.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    marty wrote: »

what new map

He's talking about this.
    hey you wrote:

Hey You on