As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game ON] Team Fortress 2: Dear Door, have fun in the army, love PA

• JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Engineers can dance!

Anyways, the chain gun will sometimes hit a Sniper at range and throw off his aim enough for you to get away, it only has a 20% success rate though, and all attacks are ineffective against Flippy_D.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Except suicide flamethrower rushes and backstabs.

DualEdge on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    or crit rockets!

tyrannus on
  • JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Damn you all and your ability to get within 50 meters of Flippy_D.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Fellhand wrote: »
    The only Medic Achievement I can't reasonably foresee getting no matter how long I play is Big Pharma. I haven't ever seen a Heavy good enough to make it happen; either they're awful and die swiftly, or there are players of a similar caliber on the opposing team that make the Heavy into spraypaint. Otherwise, once I get the Kritzkrieg a lot of the "Assist X Killing Y People" Achievements should become a lot easier.

Why don't you just heal Enders when he plays?

If my ping wouldn't result in me spectacularly killing myself by moving via Brownian Motion, sure. It's just that legendarily good Heavies like Enders are pretty damn rare, especially on Australian public servers. Most just go HUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR CHAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean for God's sake, why do they snipe with a Chaingun? WHY?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I sometimes use the chaingun at range for harassment and suppression fire. Only if someone else is working at close-range, though.

I snipe with the chain gun. Like you said, suppression fire but also I've often started critting and gotten kills from far away.

Fellhand on
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Firebrand wrote: »

Sheer Brilliance.

All must see this.

Icemopper on
  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I killed a mans one time and took a screenshot.

theantipop on
    edited June 2008
    theantipop wrote: »
    I killed a mans one time and took a screenshot.

no wai

pix or it didn't happen.

Icemopper on
  • EvoltEvolt Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    I played on the PA server last night during all of the class vs class insanity.

Who ever thought Team Heavy vs Team Engineer was a good idea is in need of some Education.

Evolt on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Evolt wrote: »

Who ever thought Team Heavy vs Team Engineer was a good idea is in need of some Education.

I'm assuming heavies were slaughtered?

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh no, we rocked those stupid engis.

Not even a level 3 sentry can take on 5 heavies at once.

Asiina on
  • EvoltEvolt Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    KingMoo wrote: »

Quite the opposite,

It was akin to a game of Tower Defense, on level "You Lose".

Evolt on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Quite the opposite,

maybe they should have put every gun in the flag room so they would have to bunch up to kill them. This way every rocket would hit every heavy

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
    edited June 2008
    Anyone up for some HONC in a few hours?

theantipop on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I should be home in a few hours. I'd be down for some honkin.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    HONC sounds like fun

Is the map pack in the OP up to date?

JonnyBot on
  • Demitri OmniDemitri Omni Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    blackmesa map testing in about an hour on my server.

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Guys,

Quit having fun while I'm at work. It hurts my feelings.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    WEEEEE

tyrannus on
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    FUNNNN

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
    edited June 2008
    Make no mistake, I'm at work as well. I just want to plant the seed of HONC inside the slippery minds of Englishmen and college hippies everywhere so that by the time I get home, their supple fingers are ready to mosey on over for some fun.

theantipop on
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Quite the opposite,

It seems to me that the engineers could destroy the heavies with proper sentry placement. At the edge of the sentry's range there's no way unassisted heavies could take down a sentry with an engineer tanking.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I'll be working 3:30 to 11:30. So you honkies are fucking gay.

Goose! on
  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Asiina wrote: »
    Oh no, we rocked those stupid engis.

Not even a level 3 sentry can take on 5 heavies at once.

:(

I bet the engies didn't have the "we are one" mentallity. I mean, you get a ton of sents and like 2 dudes to man them while the others run around shot gunning everything else.

Fellhand on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    JonnyBot wrote: »
    HONC sounds like fun

...You know, I forget what exactly's in it.

*checks*

Yeah.... I havn't updated the map-pack in a while, but that's because the rotation's been in sort of a "flux", where I've been just tossing things up for people to try.

Havn't hammered out a new rotation, but that's mainly because I'm not sure what the people want. So, I guess it's time to open up recommendations again. What maps do you want, folks?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited June 2008
    PMAvers wrote: »
    HONC sounds like fun

*checks*

Yeah.... I havn't updated the map-pack in a while, but that's because the rotation's been in sort of a "flux", where I've been just tossing things up for people to try.

Havn't hammered out a new rotation, but that's mainly because I'm not sure what the people want. So, I guess it's time to open up recommendations again. What maps do you want, folks?

Its ok. I dl'ed it anyway and there were like 7 maps that I didn't already have. Shows you how often I HONC.

JonnyBot on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Okay what

Last night I had crit stickies that glew blue even though I was red, albeit only for one round

Tonight I got thirty-odd kills in one life and god-knows how many destructions because I got a streak of crit stickies during two back to back ubers clearing out a mostly-engi defence on Gravel Pit

I got the pop up window and everything

BUT THE DAMN STATS AREN'T ON MY STAT PAGE THEY WEREN'T CARRIED OVER BLARGHARGHARGH

Evidently my demoman is steadily rotting off my PC.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited June 2008
    PMAvers wrote: »
    HONC sounds like fun

*checks*

I was checking out the current rotation earlier, I'll give some specific feedback after the WWDC, but there were some new maps that needed to get tossed into just mapvoting (steel, egypt). Is there a history of all maps you've had on the server cause my memory isn't good enough to remember some of the ones we may have played once or twice but never made it to the rotation.

theantipop on
    edited June 2008
    You people need to get home from work faster. Why can't you work nights like me?

JonnyBot on
    edited June 2008
    blackmesa map testing in about an hour on my server.

I will gladly play test your map has soon as another stage is added. So far its awesome, but playing the same room over and over is really monotonous.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Holy christ, let me put in this AC so I can cool down and I'll be up for some games.

VaLiantine on
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    RandomEngy wrote: »

Quite the opposite,

It seems to me that the engineers could destroy the heavies with proper sentry placement. At the edge of the sentry's range there's no way unassisted heavies could take down a sentry with an engineer tanking.

I dunno, 12 heavies firing, usually about five at a time shooting at a particular sentry is A LOT of fire. Those sentries didn't really stand a chance.

Asiina on
  • da newbda newb New York, New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Icemopper wrote: »
    So for the past few days we've done teams of all one class

Trendy.

I witnessed this event. Actually, I took part in this. It was a massacre. The ubered medics stood no chance. D:

da newb on
    edited June 2008
    theantipop wrote: »
    [
    I was checking out the current rotation earlier, I'll give some specific feedback after the WWDC, but there were some new maps that needed to get tossed into just mapvoting (steel, egypt). Is there a history of all maps you've had on the server cause my memory isn't good enough to remember some of the ones we may have played once or twice but never made it to the rotation.

Here's a copy of my maplist file, if it helps any.
    tc_hydro
    cp_well
    cp_granary
    cp_dustbowl
    cp_gravelpit
    ctf_2fort
    ctf_well
    cp_badlands
    pl_goldrush
    cp_junction_v2
    ctf_mach4
    cp_mini_canyon
    ctf_quarry_v2
    cp_sidewinder_b8
    ctf_impact2
    cp_studio_rc4
    ctf_jinxed_b3
    cp_desertfortress
    ctf_chaos_b2
    cp_meleebarn
    ccp_circlejerk_rc1
    ctf_yaaargh
    cp_castle3
    ctf_2fortified_v1
    cp_warpath2
    cp_switchback_b5
    cp_warehouse_b8
    ctf_npire_v2
    stb_cowtown_b4
    ctf_badlands_classic_b3e
    cp_bloodstained_b2
    cp_corporation_b2
    ctf_pepper_b1
    ctf_delivery_b1
    cp_science2
    ctf_well2
    cp_redstone_b2
    rock2_b1
    cp_spywinder_gamedayxi
    cp_roswell
    ctf_revolution
    ctf_crossover_b2
    cp_stag
    ctf_turndown_b1
    cp_aqua
    avanti_b1
    cp_oilrig_b3
    cp_labor
    es_dynamite
    es_cave7
    cp_ironbowl_b2
    cp_cz3_b3
    cp_broma
    cp_mof_a3
    pl_Dynamite
    cp_steel_b4
    pl_dustbowl_b3
    cp_egypt_v2
    tc_meridian_a2
    pl_cliffhanger_v2
    pl_heights_pa

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited June 2008
    I want to play egypt with a full server. We need a HONC day like every Monday should be HONC Day and you have to play on HONC. I'm very tired of having to play Hydro, 2fort, badlands, and Well. I want to play egypt, Broma, desert fortress, and steel.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
    edited June 2008
    EVERYBODY GET ON JONS RIGHT FREAKING NOW.

Unless you're at work. in which case :(

Icemopper on
    edited June 2008
    I still don't see how people could like desertfortress. I HATE IT.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    edited June 2008
    ...hey, look, today's my lucky day.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/56057

New version of CP_Corporation's out, b3.
    Updates for b3.0
    GENERAL FIXES
    - The exterior of the corporate building received a much-needed face lift.
    - Red's first spawnpoint has been heavily reworked. Eventually there will be a crane on top of this building.
    - The map has been made a little more sniper-friendly. Before, it felt like after the first round there wasn't much use for snipers. This should be changed, and hopefully not for the worse.
    BALANCE
    - CP1 - players can now easily get on top of the CP1 roof. This will accommodate snipers and allow Blue to provide cover fire on the way to CP2. Naturally, Red will be using that rooftop until CP1 is taken.
    - CP2 - Red now spawns a bit further away from CP2.
    - CP4 - A new perch is available to Blue that overlooks the second warehouse.
    - CP6 - Big changes here. Everyone said it was too hard to capture the last point. Well now, there is a second route to the top floor so that Blue doesn't have to be held off at one set of stairs. Additionally, if Blue presses to the top floor, a new alternate route opens up for them to better assault the final hallway, or sneak into the side-room. As a final aid to Blue, I've made it take slightly longer for Red to exit the final spawnpoints.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited June 2008
    Ya desert fortress is one of those maps that is geared towards certain classes. I think it is very weighted towards scouts, soldiers, and snipers. It is just a good change.

Basically on the PA servers it seems that nobody really plays seriously on Hydro, 2fort, badlands, or Well. I know I don't I either go offensive engy, krits medic, or try to burn snipers off the battlements. I wish we played on HONC more just to mix things up.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • TharghorTharghor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I want to play egypt with a full server. We need a HONC day like every Monday should be HONC Day and you have to play on HONC. I'm very tired of having to play Hydro, 2fort, badlands, and Well. I want to play egypt, Broma, desert fortress, and steel.

We should have 2 HONC days, monday and friday maybe. It sucks that I can only play on weekends. Yeah I've spent way too much time on the standard maps now, I might even become tired of gravelpit. Who can set up some HONC events every monday/friday? The time should probably be when we have at least 10 people already playing.

Tharghor on