As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pirates of the Burning Sea

TwoQuestionsTwoQuestions Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
I was looking at this game and thinking "Oh great! A game like Eve without the skull-crushing depth!". I also discovered the lack of a demo, and the steep ($50 USD) price just to try it.

So...

Is this game $50 good, or has it been sucked into the deep unforgiving pit of not being WoW?

steam_sig.png
TwoQuestions on

• Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Better off playing EVE.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It is not that it is not WoW, the problem is that it is not fun.

I can't really specify why, I just didn't have fun playing it during the beta (2 days before release, not waaaaay early buggy beta).

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    TalonZahnTalonZahn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I played Beta.

At first it really rocks. Mostly because it's really different than most, not all, and that is great.

Then you realize that the game is just kind of flat. After the novelty wears off it get old, really quick.

TalonZahn on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    TalonZahn wrote: »
    I played Beta.

At first it really rocks. Mostly because it's really different than most, not all, and that is great.

Then you realize that the game is just kind of flat. After the novelty wears off it get old, really quick.

This. Pirates of the Burning Sea was a huge disappointment and almost the biggest waste of $60 I've ever spent.

Nova_C on