As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pelican Bay Tokens

minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
edited June 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
There is no way in hell I can do this, where is the save directory for PC, and what must I enter into my file so that I may get the various tokens required to actually progress in this game?

minigunwielder on

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You CAN do it! Believe in yourself!

It's honestly not that hard.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I have been stuck trying Vandalism for five days.

Five fucking days.

I once managed to hit the ball and knock over a pile, I've even brought my friend's mouse complete with macro and got a fucking stopwatch out and timed it.

I refuse to do this anymore.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I have been stuck trying Vandalism for five days.

Five fucking days.

I once managed to hit the ball and knock over a pile, I've even brought my friend's mouse complete with macro and got a fucking stopwatch out and timed it.

I refuse to do this anymore.

You haven't been able to beat vandalism once? Or are you aiming for ridiculous quantities of tokens?

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    No, I just want the one, I am even willing to sacrifice any possibility of getting Div to some horrible glitch caused by editing savestates if I can just progress the story.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Vandalism? I'd have thought it'd be that fucking ball in the hole game, for sure.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    PoojipooPoojipoo __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't think I've ever lost at vandalism. I believe there's some visual queues for winning easy: I don't have it open right now but I'm pretty sure there's a color gradient on the "aim" bars that have, like, a darker orange area in the spot(s) you're aiming for, or something to that effect. If you're just guessing, you're doing it wrong, haha.

As for the balls in holes game, you can just stick the ball in the middle and shoot straight up and usually win. Even if you just get 100s and 200s, you'll win, you don't need very many points.

And for the balloon popping game, you can actually aim passed the balloons, rather than directly at them. So long as your dart's path crosses a balloon, it hits.

Hope that helps. :D

Poojipoo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Poojipoo wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever lost at vandalism. I believe there's some visual queues for winning easy: I don't have it open right now but I'm pretty sure there's a color gradient on the "aim" bars that have, like, a darker orange area in the spot(s) you're aiming for, or something to that effect. If you're just guessing, you're doing it wrong, haha.

As for the balls in holes game, you can just stick the ball in the middle and shoot straight up and usually win. Even if you just get 100s and 200s, you'll win, you don't need very many points.

And for the balloon popping game, you can actually aim passed the balloons, rather than directly at them. So long as your dart's path crosses a balloon, it hits.

Hope that helps. :D

No, the goddamn game never, even when the mouse is clicked at the same time as the last(or the previous first rock, or second, or third.) it always is different, if the goddamn game registers my mouse clicks at all(and I only have this problem on the stupid carnival games.), I wouldn't bother to make a thread if the goddamn game would allow me to do this.

So somebody just tell me where the fuck the saves folder is.

EDIT:Apparently the game needs to be full-screen to do the carnival games, I was actually able to have the goddamn thing register my clicks when I had it set that way, apparently, when it's in a window it's so scrunched that there is no difference between the various "checkpoints" I am now able to at least consistently hit the same place, thanks for listening to abso-fuckinglutely nothing I said and instead saying the same thing as everyone else.

EDIT2:Okay, it doesn't work anymore, that fucking figures.

Just tell me where the fuck the save folder is so that I can play a friend's save.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    ClordClord Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    Path in vista.
    C:\Users\yourusernamehere\AppData\Local\HotheadGames\RainSlickEp1

Open save file and replace values to following.

adv_redTokens = "1000";
    adv_greenTokens = "1000";
    adv_blueTokens = "1000";

Clord on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Dude.

You fucking suck.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Can you not use the spacebar or something?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dude, what resolution/video settings are you playing at? Why don't you drop the resolution/detail and try playing. I think you are lagging.

What kind of graphics card/machine do you have?

I have a p4/GeForce 6200 AGP and I have to play with detail turned off and @ 640x480 resolution

halkun on
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Okay, wow.
    First, calm the hell down. It's only a video game.
    Maybe try the spacebar instead of the mouse? I don't know if that'll help but it's how I did Vandalism and I had no problems. You'll still need to press space just before the thing gets to the right spot, there's a little bit of lag there or something.
    Also, jesus h christ don't be such a massive prick to people that are trying to help you.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    BoarBoar Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Perhaps you've played enough for today? Why not go outside and develop some social skills?

Boar on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I found that the 2 minigames that required timing had to be hit somewhat earlier (almost a second) than what appeared to be correct in game.
    I had the same issue with hitting the block/counter-attacks and the special attack inputs.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    What system are you playing on, Pablo?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    super...super... __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    i had the same problem, i fixed it by lowering my screen resolution

super... on