As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

FofamitFofamit Registered User regular
edited June 2019 in Help / Advice Forum

Fofamit on

• DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Might want to see a doctor for that, never heard of such thing happening naturally.:|

DarkCrawler on
  • FofamitFofamit Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

Fofamit on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Many peoples' eyes change color, usually based on their health and diet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris_(anatomy)

Have there been any dietary/activity/emotional/health changes lately?

Mine tend to change depending on my mood.

Incenjucar on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Actually, the iris can change in color naturally. Unless your vision is impaired or you notice any... secretions, you don't have anything to worry about.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hmm, I remember a family friend had this happen when he was a teenager. I'm pretty sure that while rare it was nothing to worry about. Plus it makes you look super unique. This is a plus!

If you're worried though, to the... eye doctor with thee!

desperaterobots on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    LPs dad's irises have changed colour over a couple of years - they've faded from blue to grey, but that's cos he's losing the pigment from his irises, as his lenses are rubbing against his irises. He's had to have holes lasered into his eyes to allow the ocular fluid to drain, cos the ducts got blocked by the colour draining. (sounds odd, I know). If he'd not gone to the opthamologist, he could now be blind/partially sighted. Thank God he's not.
    Don't mess about with your eyes, get them checked out.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • SushisourceSushisource Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It wouldn't hurt to get it looked at by a professional. Color changes are rare, and it's probably nothing but it never hurts to be safe.

Eye color is of particular intrest to me as I have a rare Blue-Green-Gray combination where my eyes change depending on my surroundings. When I first went to get my liscence at the DMV I thought to myself "Shit, what is my eye color" so on my liscence it just says "Gray"

Sushisource on
    Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    That is odd... tell you what, one of my flatmates is studying natural therapies and has done iridology recently, so I can ask her and get her to check with her teachers too - its actually really interesting how your irises can reflect your health in general. Its not a valid diagnostic tool by itself, but it can be used to confirm other ambiguous symptoms. Thing with iridology is though, it tends to focus on parts of the eye rather than the whole circumference, and it focuses more on the fibrous structure of the iris than its colour. Colour change may be completely meaningless, especially during childhood and puberty. Mine are actually two colours. Dark brown in the middle, hazel on the outer iris.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My irises shift colours all the time, I've seen mixes of green, blue, gray, and gold rings in mine all in varying degrees on different days. I've never had any sort of vision issue and I know several people who have a similar effect. I'd have to agree with the "it's no worry unless you start having vision/eye issues."

Typhus733 on
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My irises are usually blue, but they have been green before.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    I've read that it can be a sign of toxins, but the toxins can be as harmless as wearing heavy make-up. This was in some random article in a magazine I read in art college about ten years ago, so I've no real idea if this was genuine doctor stuff or alternative medicine mumbo jumbo. I guess if it was toxin related, it could potentially be worse than just makeup as well.

Speak to a doctor or optician. A good rule of thumb with the body is if it changes, get it checked out, even if you don't notice any differences other than the cosmetic. That's how you spot stuff like cancer early.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    LPs dad's irises have changed colour over a couple of years - they've faded from blue to grey, but that's cos he's losing the pigment from his irises, as his lenses are rubbing against his irises. He's had to have holes lasered into his eyes to allow the ocular fluid to drain, cos the ducts got blocked by the colour draining. (sounds odd, I know). If he'd not gone to the opthamologist, he could now be blind/partially sighted. Thank God he's not.
    Don't mess about with your eyes, get them checked out.

WHaaat? Is losing iris color because of lenses a common thing? I recently started using contact lenses, I don't want to lose my pretty blue eyes. :(

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
    edited June 2008
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, not contact lenses, the real lenses in his eyes, you know, the ones you're born with!!!!!

Sorry, I had thought that was clear in my post - obviously wasn't!

LewieP's Mummy on

• SerphimeraSerphimera Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Don't worry, you're just getting old. It happens.

Serphimera on
    And then I voted.
  • SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My vote is for mild pigment loss - most people have a bit of blue in their eyes, but the brown covers it. Brown recedes, and it looks like the blue is growing.

Just an age thing, nothing to worry about.

Sarcastro on
    edited June 2008
    Serphimera wrote: »
    Don't worry, you're just getting old. It happens.

I know, its so sad D:D:

LewieP's Mummy on

• NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That is actually interesting information to me, my eyes were blue when I was younger and now at age 20 they are grey, my sight has decreased a lot over this time aswell, i just haven't had the time and energy to go get it checked out, suffice it to say I can't see more then a few meters currently before things get fuzzy.

It seems I should take the time to get it checked.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Susan DelgadoSusan Delgado Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    All you lucky people with your blue/green/grey eyes..... *mumbles* stupidplainboringmudbrowneyes :(

Susan Delgado on
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    NATIK wrote: »
    That is actually interesting information to me, my eyes were blue when I was younger and now at age 20 they are grey, my sight has decreased a lot over this time aswell, i just haven't had the time and energy to go get it checked out, suffice it to say I can't see more then a few meters currently before things get fuzzy.

Are you fucking kidding me? Wow. Yes. Run, don't walk, to a car and go get checked out.

I have eyes like cat's. The inner iris is brown, the outer iris is usually distinctly dark green, and the thick inner ring changes from very blue to light green depending on the day. Snagged a girl once because she really had a thing for boys with blue eyes. Sucker :-p

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My eyes vary between blue and green on a fairly regularly basis. I doubt you have anything to worry about unless you are having vision problems as well.

YodaTuna on
    edited June 2008
    All you lucky people with your blue/green/grey eyes..... *mumbles* stupidplainboringmudbrowneyes :(

I love brown eyes.

LewieP's Mummy on

• NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Derrick wrote: »
    NATIK wrote: »

Are you fucking kidding me? Wow. Yes. Run, don't walk, to a car and go get checked out.

I have eyes like cat's. The inner iris is brown, the outer iris is usually distinctly dark green, and the thick inner ring changes from very blue to light green depending on the day. Snagged a girl once because she really had a thing for boys with blue eyes. Sucker :-p

Well its taken some years to get this far so i am not going to go crazy and run to get it checked out but I will be recieving my vacation pay in a few weeks and I will go then, have money for glasses and potential treatment then.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Susan DelgadoSusan Delgado Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I love brown eyes.

You're my new favorite person <3

Susan Delgado on
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This is a result of eating too much spice.

And yes I had to say it.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • KivutarKivutar Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Mine tend to change depending on my mood.
    This.
    Mine are naturally somewhere between green & blue, and will shift towards one or the other.

Also, yea, brown eyes can be awesome.

Kivutar on
  • Cptn PantsCptn Pants Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My eyes change color very frequently, on like a bi-hourly. My eyes go from Green to Blue to Gray with varying amounts of yellow in them.

Cptn Pants on
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wow, so many people with color-changing eyes in this thread. Mine range between brown, green, and grey on a daily basis. The only consistencies I've noticed are they tend to be green when I'm happy, and grey when I'm tired.

Kilroy on
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I wouldn't be too worried. My eyes change from hazel to green to blue fairly often. Some people just have color-ranging eyes. Feel free to see an eye doctor if you are still worried.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on