As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Hotel Room-Share Thread

• casper702casper702 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving:Friday Morn
    Date Leaving: Sunday night
    Spots Needed:3-4
    Notes: I'm 17, and like 2 or 3 friends one of which is a girl willing to pay most of the bill
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Don't care
    Best Contact Method: PM, Email cows_rule123@yahoo.com

casper702 on
  • casper702casper702 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    s7arbuck wrote: »
    so umm i have 2 rooms and there are 3 of us (including me) so lots of room!

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Hotel/Venue:Sheraton
    Date Arriving: 8/28/08 (but i live in Seattle so if earlier totally cool)
    Date Leaving: 9/1/08 (but i live in Seattle so if later totally cool)
    Spots available: 3-4 i guess i have 2 room (joint i asked) with 3 people taken so far how many people fit in a room?
    Notes: it is non smoking with the wireless internet and i guess a plasma screen like i say i have 2 others with me right now, i dont know how many people can fit into a room but i would think alot? we are hella funny, hella fun outgoing ppls (and i am 18, the other are 17)
    My Gender: dont care (unless if you are an alien with a gender might be kinda weird i think)
    Your Gender: male (my 2 friends 1 male one female)
    Best Contact Method: gmail (s7arbuck@gmail.com) or a message on here if you can do that?
    Cost: we can talk about what you think

do u still have room for 2 or 3 more people

casper702 on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    EDIT: looks like DStalefish saved the day and adopted me. Thanks man! :^:

Date Arriving: Thursday evening.
    Date Leaving: Monday morning.
    Spots Needed: 1
    Notes: I'm 26, I consider myself to be a considerate and generally agreeable person. This will be my first time to PAX, so I'm looking for a friendly group to hang out and have good times with. I do tend to drink to handle social awkwardness, so I'd prefer a group that's mature but still enjoys partying. I have no issues financially with covering my fair share of costs and then some if need be.
    Your Gender: Don't care, I'm happily involved, so I won't be macking on anyone's girlfriend.
    Best Contact Method: PM or thread post.

redhalo on
  • n1t0n1t0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Date Arriving: Thursday evening.
    Date Leaving: Monday morning.
    Spots Needed: 2
    Notes: Im 23 and my female cohort is 20
    My Gender: male
    Your Gender: Doesnt matter.
    Best Contact Method: PM or AIM or email

n1t0 on
    n1t0.gif
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving:
    Date Leaving:
    Not entirely sure. I'm with the Canadian supertrip. It's probably Thursday evening and monday morning.

Spots Needed:1
    Notes: 22 year old. I'm pretty laid back, and easy to hang out with. Along with official PAX events I'll be going on the pub crawl and generally just having a good time and looking for others to join me and be merry. Have no problems sharing hotel costs. hmm what else? Non smoker, ok if you smoke, but looking for a non smoking room. Generally pretty clean, you won't be tripping over my stuff. Stuff about me and what I look like
    My Gender:Male
    Best Contact Method: PM's, freeskierman16 at hotmail.com (msn and email)

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hi I'm Mat, and this will be my first PAX and my first time in Seattle! I've just graduated from Arizona State (That Pinnacle of Southwesternly Scholarship) and I'm looking for fun, outgoing people who will be kind enough to let me buy the first round ^_^

NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Thursday Morning / Afternoon
    Date Leaving: Monday Night / Tuesday Morning
    Notes: Will be bringing my Laptop and DS, would be more than happy to supply the room with a Wii or 360 if the TV will support the cables
    Your Gender: Either / Other
    Best Contact Method: Email: AltDelete (at) gmail.com OR MontgomeryTech (at) gmail.com

I'm neat, well kept, and will wear both shirt and pants at all times.

AltDelete on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    My bank needs to hurry up and update my account so I can secure a room.

Edit: Room reserved at the Crowne Plaza and filled already through PMs, I will post again should one of the spots open up again.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2008
    237 square feet

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    s7arbuck wrote: »
    so umm does anyone know how big the rooms in the Sheraton are?

At a different convention I had a room party in one where we cramed 30 people into a room...

As for sleeping id say 4 on the beds, and 2 on the floor comfortably. They are by no means small.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    nothing to see here

just jumping the gun

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • WhaliasWhalias Registered User new member
    edited March 2008
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Hotel/Venue: Sheraton
    Date Arriving: 8/28/08
    Date Leaving: 9/01/08
    Spots available: 2
    Notes: I will be going on the WCTT, it could be fun if you, oh so lucky one to be sharing a room with me, were going on it as well. But that is not say that everyone is not welcome. Hey, maybe you are from somewhere really fascinating, that could work also. As long as you are cool, Its all good. 21+ is a plus but not required, there will be heavy drinking in the room and out of the room as well (My cousin and I, who is the other person currently in the room, hope to be nice and toasty). The room is non-smoking, but we are not anti-smokers. Personally our prefered smoking habit is a certain kind that is only grey-zone legal out in California, but needless to say we are open and easy going as long as you are as well. Also, we are not oppose to throwing parties in the room, or putting your badge on the door if you have a special someone in the room with you at the time. Male or Female, please apply, sex doesn't matter, just be cool. Oh and bring a sleeping bag, there are only 2 beds and they are occupied. Hit me up if you have any questions. This is my fist PAX, my first WCTT, I am really stoked.
    Your Gender: Male or Female, its all good in the hood baby.
    Best Contact Method: PM, AIM: Tapdancinsalmon, Email: Ekibrick@mac.com
    Cost: $196 (if all spots are filled)

Whalias on
  • AgentCJAgentCJ Registered User new member
    edited March 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Not sure, probably the thursday before Pax
    Date Leaving: Again, not sure. Probably Sunday.
    Notes: I may not be around much. I've never been to Seattle, so I don't plan to spend much time in the room. When I'm trying to sleep though, I'd like to be able to actually sleep.
    My Gender: MtF (kidding, male)
    Your Gender: Don't care.
    Best Contact Method: agentcj [..at.] gmail dot cawm

AgentCJ on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving:27th
    Date Leaving:1st of sept
    Spots Needed:2
    Notes:My girlfriend Sadie and I, both over 21. Be aware: We have a bad habit of bringing girls back with us. This does not mean you can molest them or my gf. :P
    My Gender:Male, Sadie: female
    Best Contact Method: PM or email

Shade on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: 27th
    Date Leaving: Not sure yet, probably sept 1 or 2

Notes: Hoping to stay at the W with the SE++ crew, only I need a bed to myself

Your Gender: Internet
    Best Contact Method: PM

I want to be in the thick of the action and I'd love to share a room with a forumer, I'm just a very picky sleeper and if I don't get a decent amount of sleep I wont enjoy myself. Sharing a twin room or suite with one other person at the W would be ideal but I'm open to suggestion.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I'M STAYING WITH SHOE

#pipe on
  • LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Thursday
    Date Leaving: Sunday or Monday (still undecided)
    Notes: I am looking for a hotel room close to PAX for the weekend. I am a Seattle local and am an experienced PAX and Anime con goer, so basically I know the areas well. I intend on cosplaying while at PAX, but I'll keep my stuff out of the way ^^b I don't mind a bit of partying, just as long as said cosplay things don't get trashed. Other than that, I'm just looking for some cool peeps to crash with for one of the greatests weekends of the year xD
    My Gender: Female (20yrs old)
    Your Gender: No Prefrence
    Best Contact Method: lyanth@hotmail.com

JUST KIDDING! found a place with Dstalefish. thanks dude! ^^

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    NO MORE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Hotel/Venue: Roosevelt, Queen Room
    Date Arriving: 8/28/08
    Date Leaving: 9/01/08
    Spots available: 0
    Notes: I do enjoy the occasional drink, so I prefer to room with those 21 or over.
    Your Gender: Male or Female, doesn't matter as long as you have decent hygiene
    Best Contact Method: PM; E-Mail: blackdragon1066@gmail.com
    Cost: $75 a night, $85 if you want a roll-away bed

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Thursday most probably; even if I arrive at friday i'll pay the missing day
    Date Leaving: Monday
    Notes: Just looking for a place to crash in the hotels near pax, don't really care about the price as long as it is the hotel price (of course ;P ).
    And yes, I'm that crazy spanish guy who's crossing the atlantic AND the whole states to go to PAX :P
    Your Gender: No preference
    Best Contact Method: Mail - dmon007@yahoo.com ; MSN - alvaromaniaco@hotmail.com (Its ok if you just PM)

Accelerate!

Megamaniaco on
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • PolyurethanePolyurethane Registered User new member
    edited April 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Friday
    Date Leaving: Sunday
    Notes:
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: Email polyurethane at gmail.com

Polyurethane on
  • runicismrunicism Registered User new member
    edited April 2008
    Not looking for a place anymore... my friend and I just went ahead and booked our own room.

NEED A PLACE

Date Arriving: Aug 28
    Date Leaving: Sep 1
    Notes: It's going to be our first time at PAX and we may be a little out of our league! We're in our mid-20s and from Toronto. Non-smoking. Not looking for any kind of drunken debauchery, but we'll definitely have a couple DS's on hand and we're not opposed to a bit of in-room gaming.
    My Gender: My friend and I are male.
    Your Gender: No preference

runicism on
  • sobjwsobjw Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    UPDATE 6/16- All spots filled

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Hotel/Venue: Roosevelt
    Date Arriving: Thursday 8/28 (I am coming on the WCTT, so won't be there until fairly late in the evening.)
    Date Leaving: Monday 9/1 (Again, leaving on the train, so will be checking out fairly early.)
    Spots available: 2-4 (So far it is me and one other friend, the more people the cheaper it is)
    Notes: There will be alcohol in the room so 21+ is preferred. Not too picky otherwise.
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method: PM or e-mail to sobjw@mind.net
    Cost: It was around $750 total for the four nights. We will equally divide up the price among however many people we have.

sobjw on
    I live on a farm.
  • Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Might as well!

NEED A PLACE

Date Arrivin': Aug. 29th
    Date Leavin': Aug. 31st
    Spots Needed: UNO
    Notes:
    - Not a fan of the Mary J or anything like that, but so long as the rest of the occupants are 21+, a bit o' the bottle's OK by me
    - I'm nice, respectful, agreeable and travel light - gimme a corner and a comfy chair and I'm gold ;)
    Your Gender: Don' matter none no-how
    Best Contact Option: Drop me a PM here on the Forums, I'll get back t'ya ASAP

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Farout FoolioFarout Foolio Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    SPACE FILLED. Sorry. :(
    \

Farout Foolio on
    2tyFzTC.png

• BomanTheBearBomanTheBear Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    SPACE FILLED. Sorry. :(
    \
    YOU HAVE THE REZ PERIPHERAL?

omg. i want it so much.

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DemiGodDemiGod Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Most likely 8/28, although I could probably arrive on 8/27 if needed.
    Date Leaving: 9/1
    Notes: I am a bad enough dude to rescue the president. I'll be flying in from Ohio, and I usually travel pretty light. Not opposed to sleeping on a floor. 27 years old.
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter to me.
    Best Contact Method: xiryc@gamerarmy.com OR ABucchioni on AIM OR xiryc on XFire

DemiGod on
    edited May 2008
    Flying from Ohio, man what?

*nudge nudge, I found out recently that we still have a seat open in our van on the CCST*

edit: I should note that the seat in the van also comes with a place to crash in our room

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• sarranadesarranade Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Date Arriving: August 28
    Date Leaving: August 31
    Spots available: Tons. I'm going with one, maybe two other people, but if you don't mind room-stuffing, the more the merrier!
    Notes: I'm trying to get the cost as low as possible. It's got 2 beds, and I'm bringing some sleeping bags and such. I'm 18, and the friend or two I bring are 18 as well, but all ages are welcome.
    My Gender: Female
    Your Gender: I don't really care.
    Best Contact Method: Email me at pop.that.tart@gmail.com, or hit me up on my livejournal at boss_battle.
    Cost: It's just under $600 for the few nights, so it'll be divided evenly between however many people are there. The less we spend on the room per person, the more we have to buy more swag!

sarranade on
  • CaelestoCaelesto Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    HAD SPACE AVAILABLE Looks like it filled up.
    Date Arriving: August 28
    Date Leaving: August 31
    Spots available: There are no longer any spots available in my Room, but should this change I'll write up a new post. Thanks to all who responded!

Caelesto on
    In all likelihood, this is my fault. If the current situation is not my fault, please let me know as soon as possible so that I may rectify this oversight. Thank you.
    ~The Management
  • kazuokazuo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Preparing a backup plan in case Methos fails me (he's not answering his email. dammit)

NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Thu. 28 AUG (Evening, on the WCTT)
    Date Leaving: Mon. 01 SEP (ass-crack of dawn)
    Notes: 420 & alcohol friendly (tho I no longer do either one). My only request is that you go to sleep at a reasonable hour, I'm not looking to stay up all night. Bed strongly preferred but I'll take a floor spot for less money. Also please have good hygiene, take a fucking shower

kazuo on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    POSITIONS FILLED

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Date Arriving: Thursday
    Date Leaving: Checkout Sunday Morning
    Spots available: 2 (as of May 15)
    Notes: Our Group has 2 rooms at the sheraton at the moment. We are looking for 3 more people to fill our hotel spaces or we will have to cancel our second room. It would be very helpful if at least one of the members was from around the lower mainland area, and with a car who is able to carpool(in the canadian supertrip) with the rest of our group (so far we have 2 other cars going) FOUND Also we need one of the members willing to give the hotel their credit card (because we don't want 2 rooms on our one credit card) Depending on hotel policies, they will either be given the money prior to check in or we will use cash upon check out. FOUND Our members will have a signed wavier stating that they are responsible for damages they occur. You must also be willing to Join our Armada. (it's awesome, trust me.) Also please note we are putting 5 people in a hotel room booked for 4 anyone willing to use their credit card will be given one of the two beds. We are also planning on hosting a hotel "party" (more like Snes Gathering) in our other room. I'm Canadian so personally I dont care if you are over 21.
    My Gender: Female
    Your Gender: Doesn't Matter
    Best Contact Method: PM. (I'll check often)
    Cost: 138 USD.

I know this is a difficult one, Sorry! Just posting to see if anyone is interested.

POSITIONS FILLED

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Okay one spot has been filled. 2 left.

Now the only requirements is that you don't smell, you rare responsible, and you have 138 USD to pay for your space in the room.

POSITIONS FILLED

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • sarranadesarranade Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Seems like I've filled two spots.

Still, if you need a room to crash at, let me know. It's not really meant to be a "party room" but if it ends up that way, it's cool.
    Let me know if you (and your little friend) end up homeless for the convention.

sarranade on
  • collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    EDIT: Closed.

UPDATE: 2 spots likely filled. Keep em coming.
    UPDATE2: I added Thursday. It's more expensive than the other days but my flight got changed so I had to. Prices now reflect that change. I've got 2 spots filled and I'm talking to three others right now.

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Date Arriving: Thursday 8-28
    Date Leaving: Monday 9-01
    Spots available: 3 bed spots, a few floor spots.
    Notes: I arrive Thursday very late. I plan on going straight to the convention center and waiting in line. I won't be able to check in until Friday afternoon. I'm 20 so a 21 year old would be nice. 420 friendly.
    Your Gender: Either
    Best Contact Method: Private Message
    Cost: It's $195 after tax each night. I want to share that with other people equally. If the three beds fill up and you want a floor spot I would be fine with like $20 a night.

Basically I'm looking for some like minded gamers to share the cost of the hotel room. It should have two beds, one of those I plan on sleeping in. I would think each bed can comfortably hold two people. I'm ok with sharing a bed, but no cuddling. If I can find three people to share the cost, and you're looking for a floor spot, I would do that for $20 a night. I don't want to sell cheap floor spots until the bed spots fill up though. I won't be paying less than the other people who stay with me. Cash will need to be given whenever we meet on Friday. Here's what you would be paying for all three nights:

Me and you: $418
    Me and two: $281
    Me and three: $208.50
    Me and three and a floor spotter: $189, $80 for floor
    Me and three and two floor spotters: $169, $80 for each floor

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • JimJonesEsquireJimJonesEsquire Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE

Hotel/Venue:Sheraton Seattle Hotel
    Date Arriving: Aug 28
    Date Leaving:Sept 1
    Spots available: 3

Notes: I have three spots available because of cancellations. Male or Female room mates. The room is a smoking room I smoke so you will have to put up with it. I would like people over 21 but if not all the spots are filled I will welcome people under the age of 21. If you are under 21 you will not be drinking in my room sorry I have a security clearence and I am paranoid. No drugs. Respect other peoples stuff a space. You must shower and have manners. Also no Michigan fans.
    My Gender:Male
    Your Gender:Ether
    Best Contact Method:Email,Cell, or PM
    Cost:$781.46

JimJonesEsquire on
  • phamtqphamtq Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Spot Closed

Hotel/Venue: Red Lion Hotel
    Date Arriving: Thursday, August 28, 2008 (Taking the PDX to SEA train)(after 15:00)
    Date Leaving: Monday, September 1, 2008
    Spots available: 1 maybe 2

Notes:
    Well, I'm skipping classes to go to this thing. And when you're in chiropractic school, 3 days is like missing a month in undergrad. One of my friends might be with us if her other plans fall through. No smokers or heavy drinkers.

We're all very friendly people who'd be happy to take on someone new to PAX. No douche bags, debbie downers, or annoying people please. You'll probably have fun with us. Heck, you might even get to talk to a developer or two. ;)

My Gender: Me - Male (26); Friends - Male (20's) & Female (25)
    Best Contact Method: email phamtq.at.bemusementpark.com
    Cost: $636.00 split however many ways seems reasonable. With 4 people it's $159 for the whole trip.

phamtq on
  • NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    No more space available. Thanks!

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE

Hotel/Venue: Red Lion Fifth Avenue
    Date Arriving: Thursday, Aug. 28
    Date Leaving: Sunday, Aug. 31
    Spots available: One

Your Gender: Male or Female

Notes: This room has two queen beds. I probably won't be checking in until around 10:00 Thursday night. This will be a non-smoking, non-drinking room in which parties will not be occurring. Contact me if you're a reasonable person who's simply looking for a place to stay within walking distance of the event.

Best Contact Method: Forum PM
    Cost: $250

Nijhazer on
  • BrocratesBrocrates __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    NEED A PLACE

Date Arriving: Prob Thurs. or Fri.
    Date Leaving: Prob Sunday or Mon.
    Notes:I am 21 yrs. old, a dude, pretty laid back guy. Won't be there much except to sleep. I drink somewhat. Just looking for a place to crash for the weekend, would prefer a bed.
    My Gender: Dude
    Best Contact Method: Pls PM me.

Brocrates on
  • c_web7c_web7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Wed/Thurs.
    Date Leaving: Mon
    Notes: 2 males both 24. We are arriving Wednesday night, although we will more than likely shoot up to Vancouver so probably won't need anything Wednesday. We'd be flying out Monday morning. Mostly just need a place to store our loot. Not against drinking, smoking, parties, gaming, not much you do could probably phase us honestly.
    My Gender: M
    Your Gender: E
    Best Contact Method: PM if interested in taking us in, or riding to Vanc. late wed night, so we can get some time in there Thurs morn.

This is just to feel a few out. We might just not get any places and make it a game to get creative and find sleeping spots.

c_web7 on
  • HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm hoping to God this works...

If I have you set up as a roommate for my room at the Sheraton, please note that I am adding a day onto the reservation since I'll be taking the train trip up from Portland. This will make the overall cost of the stay now 164-ish instead of the price beforehand. If this is fine just leave me a note saying so, however if you'd rather find somewhere else to stay, let me know ASAP so I can fill in your spot.

The only reason I'm putting this here is that some of the people staying with me are becoming really hard to get into contact with. So I'm PRAYING that they see this... Lord knows I don't need any complications on my hands here.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • latinman280latinman280 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yea, I'm having troubles with getting in contact with people concerning rooms also. It's a slight headache :/

latinman280 on
    edited June 2008
    Are these people not answering e-mails?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.