As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On!] Nexus War 2.0 - Brand new PA faction!

1235»

• randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Whats the limit on members in the faction? Should I join with all of my characters or just one?

Oh never mind only one can join.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ok, I *think* I've setup the irc channel properly, but this is the first time I've ever had mod privileges let alone operator status. There's currently no password since it'd be pointless while the guild is set to "open."

Server: irc://irc.nexuswar.com
    Channel: #PA_KotN

This won't see much use until tomorrow. I know I got a faction mail about what we're doing, and hopefully so did everyone else. I'll try to figure out how to grant mod status to important people later. Remember to use nickserv to register your nick.
    Would the PA guild raid enough to justify tossing his hat in with them?

I think if we can get everyone organized and playing regularly, we'll have plenty of raiding, but we have to get off the ground first. Our flag was taken by a group with only 5 members, so if we can't get it back tomorrow then we don't have much hope as a guild.
    Whats the limit on members in the faction? Should I join with all of my characters or just one?

Check the wiki article on multi abuse. Not only can you not have them in the same guild, but you need to avoid any contact between your characters. I just have my alts milling about aimlessly, and I've left a bunch inactive to avoid issues.

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
    edited June 2008
    Voro wrote: »

Check the wiki article on multi abuse. Not only can you not have them in the same guild, but you need to avoid any contact between your characters. I just have my alts milling about aimlessly, and I've left a bunch inactive to avoid issues.
    Oh thats good to know. I think I ran into that earlier today when I kept missing with my 50% kung fu punches of doom.

Now I know!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm playing this but I don't want to join a faction right away. Anyway, I think I'm going to go for defiler but I'm level 2 so thats far away. I'm trying to decide what to get with my 10 CP. I got search as my first skill maybe I should hold out and get research.

vhzod on
    edited June 2008
    vhzod wrote: »
    I'm playing this but I don't want to join a faction right away. Anyway, I think I'm going to go for defiler but I'm level 2 so thats far away. I'm trying to decide what to get with my 10 CP. I got search as my first skill maybe I should hold out and get research.

Well combat is most certainly the fastest way to gain levels so you might want a combat skill. Melee is the easiest by far since a single sword will kick ass for a long time.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
    edited June 2008
    Defiler has a lot of touch skills though so I was considering taking hand to hand. I also feel a bit squeamish about randomly murdering people. Which is something I guess I'll need to get over if I'm going to be evil.

vhzod on
    edited June 2008
    Defiler has a lot of touch skills though so I was considering taking hand to hand. I also feel a bit squeamish about randomly murdering people. Which is something I guess I'll need to get over if I'm going to be evil.

It gets easier when you see people with names like DARKENDOOMBLOODSEPHEROTH91

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
    edited June 2008
    How possible is it to murder random mortals with hand to hand if I'm only level 2. Can they fight back if they're not connected to their character?
    Edit: at least search will let me find people to murder

vhzod on
    edited June 2008
    How possible is it to murder random mortals with hand to hand if I'm only level 2. Can they fight back if they're not connected to their character?

Nope the only way to fight back is to be on at the same time. And you can beat people up with hth if you have at least the initial hth skill so you have more then 11% to hit. I'm level 4 using pure unarmed and I only made Domon Kasshu like 2 days ago.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Alright, I'm in. I'll use an old char for now and restart in a few days.

http://nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=18026

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Nope the only way to fight back is to be on at the same time. And you can beat people up with hth if you have at least the initial hth skill so you have more then 11% to hit. I'm level 4 using pure unarmed and I only made Domon Kasshu like 2 days ago.

Ahahahaha, one of my goons not in the guild is Undefeated of the East.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited June 2008

Ahahahaha, one of my goons not in the guild is Undefeated of the East.

You should fix this!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm outside our house and the door is locked. HALP!

Frem on
    edited June 2008
    Frem wrote: »
    I'm outside our house and the door is locked. HALP!

Bust in like the Hulk!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I unlocked it.

Edit: Killed an annoying little demon, too.

Fats on
    edited June 2008
    Ok, heading out to clear junk out of my old house. Should be back by 4-4:30 Pacific. Are people actually up for this?

Voro on
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    shit dudes i died and am in no shape to pull this raid off

but for those who want to kill some bitches, just go attack dwarf fortress in about 10 minutes.

just walk in and kill anyone you want.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
    edited June 2008
    I went over and their stronghold was already gone, so no chance of getting our flag back. I did manage kill someone named Bliss while some guys raiding them took shots at me.

Voro on
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sorry, meant to be around at 4 but my final went a little long. Sounds like we were too slow, anyway.

I do have a bunch of AP, if someone wants to promote Bob Dole temporarily, Bob Dole can rebuild our stronghold.

Fats on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    There is a dude two houses down in single digit HP. level 14 but no real armor so he's a free kill.

14,44 I believe.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Has anyone tried out Cults yet? I was thinking about going that route with my NC at some point so I can afford Tattoo of the Soul down the line.

Robos A Go Go on
  • JastJast Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I love being a medic. Gain levels and help out at the same time.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
    edited June 2008
    Jast wrote: »
    I love being a medic. Gain levels and help out at the same time.

It's more satisfying running around beating the shit out of people. I'm doing more consistent damage then my gun user!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • WembleyWembley Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just walked over to phil's gun store, found a double-barreled shotgun, crafted 6 shells from the bottle of gunpowder I found earlier, and then fired a couple shots at some random guy standing in there. I missed both, but it was a very exciting experience. Best AP spent so far.

Wembley on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited June 2008
    Has anyone tried out Cults yet? I was thinking about going that route with my NC at some point so I can afford Tattoo of the Soul down the line.

It doesn't hurt to join one (except that you can no longer kill level 1-9s without a massive penalty) but they're extremely EXTREMELY broken at the moment. The chance of getting past about 100 favor as anything but a healer is pretty much nil.

Aroduc on
  • WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=133242 im sitting at 16,44

Inside the house I have 2 compound bows and 2 shotguns < 1 pump action , 1 double barrel > but no ammo for either if anyone wants a bow or a shotty let me know

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited June 2008
    Any thoughts on getting the stronghold rebuilt?

Wembley on
  • ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Well combat is most certainly the fastest way to gain levels so you might want a combat skill. Melee is the easiest by far since a single sword will kick ass for a long time.

Man, this is lies lies lies.

Fastest way to level is by crafting. Join an efficient faction, get search and then start working up the crafting tree. If you aim for the armour tree and keep making the heaviest armour using plastic from the safe you can hit top levels in a month, whereas it took me 3 or 4 months to max out with combat.

The Pirates of R'yleh are great at always having a fully stocked safe.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ruzkin wrote: »

Man, this is lies lies lies.

Fastest way to level is by crafting. Join an efficient faction, get search and then start working up the crafting tree. If you aim for the armour tree and keep making the heaviest armour using plastic from the safe you can hit top levels in a month, whereas it took me 3 or 4 months to max out with combat.

The Pirates of R'yleh are great at always having a fully stocked safe.

No, THIS is lies lies lies.

Fastest way to level is being a healer and having someone funnel you FAKs, while at the same time having someone in the faction attack someone else in the faction (that is of course healable).

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • ClayburnClayburn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sure ill try this out http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=133271 send me an invite please :)

Clayburn on
    clayburn.png
    PS3 FriendNameThing: Caerus | Steam: clayburnp
    "He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...For when you gaze into the Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you."
    "Ónen i-Estel mellyn, ú-chebin estel anim"
  • MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This fell far behind in the list of topics.

Anyway, looking for something to help me kill 15 minutes or so a day, I decided to get in on this again. Here's my character profile: http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=133675

Would you kindly send me an invite?

MiSTieOtaku on
    edited June 2008
    Isn't the group set to open so anyone can join?

http://www.nexuswar.com/factions/view.do?factionID=3558

why yes.. yes it is..

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Isn't the group set to open so anyone can join?

http://www.nexuswar.com/factions/view.do?factionID=3558

why yes.. yes it is..

I did not realize that. Huh.

Well, I apologize for the hasty request.

MiSTieOtaku on
    edited June 2008
    If I'm level 8 and don't want to buy any more skills from the mortal section can I just save my AP for massive ownage at advanced classes?

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If I'm level 8 and don't want to buy any more skills from the mortal section can I just save my AP for massive ownage at advanced classes?
    Up to 40 CP. Any more, and you won't be able to get your tier two character class when you hit level 10.

Dizzen on
    edited June 2008
    Dizzen wrote: »
    Up to 40 CP. Any more, and you won't be able to get your tier two character class when you hit level 10.
    Awesome!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
    edited June 2008
    Anyone know what's up with this threatening note written on the wall outside our stronghold?

Wembley on
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The "this is your 2nd and last warning. -AYS. stop by /j #allyoursouls to discuss this if you like" message? No clue. Might just be some folks looking to pick a fight.

Dizzen on
  • ClayburnClayburn Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anyone still play this? Or am i the only one left. Sorry to revive an old thread, but figured it was better then making a new one.

Clayburn on
    clayburn.png
    PS3 FriendNameThing: Caerus | Steam: clayburnp
    "He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...For when you gaze into the Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you."
    "Ónen i-Estel mellyn, ú-chebin estel anim"