As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Underrated and little known movies

15678911»

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So Oldboy hella sucked? I thought it was supposed to be hella good! Perhaps I will take it off my netflix queue. I am a very important person, I have no time to waste on shitty movies. Which I guess is why I rented The Butterfly Effect 2 a couple of months ago.
    It was sure something to look at, but the story and the melodrama of it all was dumb to the point that I just barely made it through.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    I really think it's one of the best films ever made:

Free Enterprise?
    This looks awful, but I have a strange compulsion to watch it.

227553.jpg
    After Hours is an awesome movie from like 1985 that I never really hear about it. It's basically just about one awful night this guy has, and it's pretty hilarious.

YES

I LOVE After Hours!

"You need... discipline!"

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Spilled Milk, Inc.Spilled Milk, Inc. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Feral wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    I really think it's one of the best films ever made:

Free Enterprise?
    This looks awful, but I have a strange compulsion to watch it.

227553.jpg
    After Hours is an awesome movie from like 1985 that I never really hear about it. It's basically just about one awful night this guy has, and it's pretty hilarious.

YES

I LOVE After Hours!

"You need... discipline!"
    Haha, awesome.

"You have a great body."
    "Yes. Not a lot of scars."

Spilled Milk, Inc. on
    Larry's my name, real estate's my game. Rape was another game of mine...
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I really liked this movie too:

6302804825.jpg

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Spilled Milk, Inc.Spilled Milk, Inc. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:

6302804825.jpg
    Oh god, Peter Gallagher is so creepy.

Spilled Milk, Inc. on
    Larry's my name, real estate's my game. Rape was another game of mine...
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    matinghabitsoftheearthbpw1.jpg

I saw this on TV a while back, and found it to be surprisingly funny. It's basically a comedy presented as a nature documentary about the human relationship, narrated by David Hyde Pearce.

I had never heard about it before.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:

6302804825.jpg
    Oh god, Peter Gallagher is so creepy.

He was really good in this film. I want to see it again, but it was great.

Drez on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Cherrn wrote:
    dvd-matinghabits.jpg

I saw this on TV a while back, and found it to be surprisingly funny. It's basically a comedy presented as a nature documentary about the human relationship, narrated by David Hyde Pearce.

I had never heard about it before.
    I've heard of it. Think I saw it on a TV lineup before. No interest.

Also your link is broke'd

TankHammer on
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I forgot an oldie -

B00000IQB7.jpg

Latello: My old man says, "Treat broads like dirt and they love ya."
    Harlan: Oh, yeah? So where's your old lady?
    Latello: My parents are divorced

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Clue
    Clue_Poster.jpg

Delirious with John Candy
    405px-Delirious_john_candy_movie.jpg

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Yes

Delirious was fucking awesome.

Drez on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I somehow read that as 'Delicious' the first time. Both make equal amounts of sense.

Gim on
  • Options
    BongoBongo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    So Oldboy hella sucked? I thought it was supposed to be hella good! Perhaps I will take it off my netflix queue. I am a very important person, I have no time to waste on shitty movies. Which I guess is why I rented The Butterfly Effect 2 a couple of months ago.
    It was sure something to look at, but the story and the melodrama of it all was dumb to the point that I just barely made it through.

It's one of my all time favorites :cry:

Bongo on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Yes

Delirious was fucking awesome.
    "I'm in love with Louise!"
    "Of course you are, she's your sister!"

"If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna thoot you firtht!"

So many fun characters.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Eight RooksEight Rooks Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bongo wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

It's one of my all time favorites :cry:

Don't worry. Even celery can be wrong sometimes. :P

But yeah, Oldboy is not really under-rated or that unknown. There are at least more deserving candidates.

Eight Rooks on
    <AtlusParker> Sorry I'm playing Pokemon and vomiting at the same time so I'm not following the conversation in a linear fashion.

Read my book. (It has a robot in it.)
  • Options
    FinalGamerFinalGamer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Tiemler wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Man, are you kidding? I don't trust people who don't like that movie. Who doesn't make the "HEED. PAPER. NOW." jokes? Cuz I know I make those with my friends all the time. Or "you know what this apartment needs?" or "Ummm ... excuse me, I believe I ordered a large."

Yeah, a well-timed reference to this movie never fails to get a laugh. In my experience, anyway. It wound up being the least dated Mike Myers flick, the one with the most staying power.
    You know what? That's actually true!

My personal favourite quote in it was:
    "Heid! Paper! NOO! Move that huge noggin of yours if you CAN! Och look at thuh size o' that boy's heid! It's like sputnik! It's got its own weather system!"

FinalGamer on
    "Videogames are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n' roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto
    dancingmagels1.gif
    Attack
    Magic > Breakdance 2
    Item
    Flee
  • Options
    WerdnaWerdna Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Me too. I've had one of my netflix movies since the end of August.
    Haha -- man, that shit better be good.

I think I'm going to get Netflix like ... next week ... so hopefully I can watch some more of these being discussed in here.
    Not at all. I finally watched it the other day. Crash. I watched a little over an hour of it, and this is what I learned: Black people are black and do things that black people do. Rich white people don't like black people, and they do things that rich white people do. Some people are racist.

I need to send that shit back.
    Wait -- hold on, I thought that was the BEST PICTURE of the WHOLE YEAR it came out??!?!

Hahaha -- that's hella funny. Yeah, that movie hella sucks. Send it with a quickness.

I got Oldboy sitting on top of my TV now (which came recommended by these boards), which I actually watched, but I can't be bothered to return it, because it sucked so bad, and just like picking it up and transporting it back will remind me of its suckiness, and I don't want to go through with it.

Plus I'm getting Netflix so fuck a late fee.

Crash was straight "Trash," as referred to by Annie Proulx. I couldn't agree any more. It was all too much contrived and reinforced stereotypes of having stereotypes. It would have better served as an after school special or better yet, shown to teens at retreats by christian camp counselors--who justify the language and violence as real life examples.

I really loved Jesus' Son. I thought Billy Crudup was awesome in it. It made feel like I wasn't so bad a person after watching it.

Soderbergh's The Limey was pretty kick ass too. It's ending really just fit.

Werdna on
  • Options
    TiemlerTiemler Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    203403-movie.jpg

Turbo Interceptor 4TW. Also, Sherilyn Fenn is fuckin' hawt.

Guy in Vette (his girl is in passenger seat) - "What do you want?"
    Gang leader - "I'll give you a hint. It's pink."
    Guy's girl - "Oh, god..."
    Gang leader - "We just think the pink slip to your car might be worth something." :lol:

waxwork.jpg

Crap, but entertaining crap. Just don't watch the sequel. Not even homages to Aliens and Dawn of the Dead could make Waxwork 2 tolerable.

Tiemler on