As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hellgate: London † Time to learn Korean?

• KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Going from Rank 11 to 12 on the TC has been nothing short of hair pulling. Doing various head/necro runs (in the neighborhood of 3 each.) I haven't ranked up, and that's with 2x XP.

If they intend on keeping the increase the way it is, they need to either increase the rewards from perks or wipe peoples current ranks or both. Going through the change now only to see lvl50 R50 peeps feels like a back handed slap, "Well you casuals and non-hardcore players didn't get rank 50 now, too bad because you can't imagine getting it. But for those whom devoted their life and soul (and PRD exploited) enjoy the top of the mountain, because it is good."

Oh God. Oh God no. Please don't turn this into MMO-culture.

Slap in the face!

Seriously though, it sucks that they seem to want to turn ranking into a wacky grind, but it's still just a video game.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • SvidrigailovSvidrigailov Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    on a side note, when i flex i kind of look like a retarded cyclops gorilla
    2-14.jpg
    durrrrr

also: level 48 whoop whoop whoop
    And I thought I looked bad with a dye kit...

Svidrigailov on
    Neither the whole of truth nor the whole of good is revealed to any single observer, although each observer gains a partial superiority of insight from the peculiar position in which he stands. It is enough to ask of each of us that he should be faithful to his own opportunities and make the most of his own blessings, without presuming to regulate the rest of the vast field.
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    earth core is pretty good statwise, but pretty fuckin' ugly

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Now with Ranks it turned into this feeling of, oh hey cool an expertise point. Which is something they should have went for in the first place, but Bogus' post is now making Ranks a little more glorified than they were even before the XP change.

WillisIVIIX on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    Wormwood the evoker demands invites!

Echo on
  • KassKass Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, the marksman just hit 26 and am starting up the Liverpool area, but I'm getting a bit bored. I rolled a new evoker, so go ahead and throw Paiter an invite when you get a chance. I figure I'll have fun sort of switching between the two of em.

Echo: damn fine name there... suprised that one wasn't already taken.

Kass on
    edited June 2008
    Kass wrote: »
    Echo: damn fine name there... suprised that one wasn't already taken.

That's because I stole it back in the beta. :P

Echo on
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    throw badpanda and invite please

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ugg, I haven't had time to play any HG:L, been too busy packing and getting ready for a trip on Sunday morning.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
    edited June 2008
    1-17.jpg

:o

JUST DOIN' MY JOB TO CLEANSE THE DEMON MENACE
    2-15.jpg

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
    edited June 2008
    Meh. Can't decide which class to play. I should focus on one to level so I actually get to see stuff beyond level 13. :P

Right now I have fun my evoker.

Echo on
  • arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I cant decide if i should wait to come back until the new patch or not.

I only reached level 16 marksman, so im going to start over.

I didn't see the PA server name in the OP unless im retarded this early in the morning.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You can just fiddle around on the test centre to get an idea for what's coming in the new patch. New character doesn't take much to get to level 20 given the bonus xp and you get all the respecs you want.

Plus if you had a character sometime last year, they'll be on the test centre.

devoir on
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Invites sent to wormwood and badpanda.

Congrats on 50 jim!

Arcath we are playing on shulgoth.

corin7 on
  • FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So Corin, is everyone playing on Elite, Normal, what? I just wanna know if I should keep grinding the end Normal stuff.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
    edited June 2008
    FireWeasel wrote: »
    So Corin, is everyone playing on Elite, Normal, what? I just wanna know if I should keep grinding the end Normal stuff.

Most of us are on normal. If you are a sub there is plenty of challenge and loot in stone henge and abyss.

corin7 on
  • KassKass Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    corin7 wrote: »

I see how it is... just ignore my poor, little evoker. :P

Throw an invite to Paiter when you get a chance.

Kass on
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I'll have a couple of names put up for invites when I can figure out what class to play.

JonnyBot on
    edited June 2008

Invite sent.

corin7 on
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Meh. Can't decide which class to play. I should focus on one to level so I actually get to see stuff beyond level 13. :P

Right now I have fun my evoker.

Me too. My marksman has gotten the highest so far but I haven't tried a BM yet and they look really fun... Damn, it's so hard to decide.

My only lament is that they don't have any two handed melee weapons that I can see, or any class that would make use of them. I'd love to have some more like a D2 Barbarian later on down the road.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • existexist Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Invite sent.

Exo-st still needs one too.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I've boiled it down to evoker or marksman. Decisions decisions.

JonnyBot on
    edited June 2008
    If anyone has any spare ignite mods for item level 39, I'd appreciate them so that I can do this more often.

Right now my gun has two empty Relic slots, a 63 ignite strength ammo, 50 strength battery, and 73 strength tech.

Svidrigailov on
    Neither the whole of truth nor the whole of good is revealed to any single observer, although each observer gains a partial superiority of insight from the peculiar position in which he stands. It is enough to ask of each of us that he should be faithful to his own opportunities and make the most of his own blessings, without presuming to regulate the rest of the vast field.
    edited June 2008
    i have a few ignite batteries i think, i'll send 'em your way

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Those kind of mods seem like the best kind of mods to save.

Am I right in saying this?

captaink on
    edited June 2008
    people are always looking for ignite strength mods

they aren't the only thing to keep your hands on though, +%damage mods (any flavour) and +phase strength are also super hot, as if you can ever get a phase and ignite off at the same time you are golden

other really god mods: nova on hit, shrapnel on kill, +stats and +%shield pen are all great

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I have this complex where I get bored of a character after about level 25.

Consequently, since I keep making different characters, this shits getting boring.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited June 2008
    To those with lowbie evokers: how are you playing? I have some lvl 9ish evoker who I am finding a really pain in the ass to play.

I'm going for a lightning/bone build per the guides on the forums and I just don't do a whole lot of damage or kill anything really effectively. I guess it doesn't get good until 15/20 and the good spells or something? I don't know, the low levels of evoker seem really tedious to me. I want to like the class, damnit.

EDIT: invoker, evoker... all the same to me.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    edited June 2008
    so i started on my guardian

that shit is red hot

i haven't taken a point of damage since level 3

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
    edited June 2008
    I remember in beta the bone spear skill for evokers was pretty good. Haven't played one since, except one that's about level 3. I wish I'd gotten to the lightning skills, they sounded good.

Are the evoker phase and fire skills good? I'd think that with ignite and phasing being the best status effects, they'd at least have that going for them.

Hey, what does shock do anyways? I have a volt gun that does shock pretty well, but I can't see what it's actually doing.

captaink on
    edited June 2008
    Yeah bone spear is pretty nice but it's really my only attack at the moment and it really doesn't cut it on uniques and stuff with actual shields.

I guess I just need to tough it through to lightning field. Having more than one useful spell will probably make it a lot easier. Also I am really tired of using bone spear to kill massed tiny enemies like ravagers.

From what I've heard the fire skills aren't so hot (haha punny). Some of the poison skills (namely swarm and venom armor) have been praised a lot and I haven't heard a lot about phase.

It's mostly arc lightning/skull splitter I hear about.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
  • shinobushinobu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man I really really want to log on and play my summoner...I just can never find time for it D:

shinobu on
  • Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    swarm

Swarm is just your average "I win" button. One push and your foes are annihilated by a room full of bees.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
    edited June 2008
    That's kind of what I want to hear. My marksman is fun and all, but it's a little repetitive. None of my skills are really as good as my gun, so I just shoot and occasionally toss grenades. Oh and beacon. Lay a napalm strike if there's a cluster of imps.

captaink on
    edited June 2008
    Shock prevents the target from using skills for some number of seconds. It's not all that useful against mobs, though apparently some do have abilities that count as "skills."

Svidrigailov on
    edited June 2008
    the big one it works on is the heals for the fiend priests

i kill moloch pretty fast 'cause my gun has a chance to stun/phase/poison/ignite/shock, and i can more or less kill the priests with 1-2 heals getting off

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
    edited June 2008
    Wooh, nice combo for my evoker: Brom's Curse + drain power. Brom's procs once per second per mob I'm draining. That's plenty of health back.

Echo on
    edited June 2008
    jim point gun bang bang you dead

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    swarm

Swarm is just your average "I win" button. One push and your foes are annihilated by a room full of bees.
    Covered in bees!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm hopping on if anybody wants to play.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho