As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Havana] Survivor: Puzzle Islands - El Skid Wins! Tuxkamen Voted Player of the Game!

12345679»

• Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, its kinda like playing poker for fun and not for money. It's fun, but not as motivating :)

I had a good time, but I kinda got discouraged when I realized a lot of the puzzles had something to do with survivor (which I never watched).

Thanks anzman, grats Skid!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yes, belated congratulations to ya, El Skid!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Also, objectively speaking, DA, your rationale for not voting me to win Survivor because I wanted to play like it was Survivor is mind-boggling. :p
    I'm aware. It's sad, but I like Survivor up until the very end because of what is the best play. It's like the Prisoner's Dilemma, I know the best way to play is to be a dick but that doesn't mean I have to support it.

Besides, your answer was lacking. :P

For the record I was open to being convinced against El Skid but it would have been hard. You likely had no chance against Fembot since he volunteered to eat the vote over in Malta land because he'd had trouble contributing. He wins much respect for his anti-Survivor style play.

Also, Grundl asked a better non-question question than I did by far. That was rather interesting to read.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ...I don't even know how to answer that without tearing out precious hair that I don't have to spare.

Grundl, can you open up the Bono board to show my jerkosity in all its glory?

http://bonotribehut.proboards80.com/

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    In retrospect, I should have asked to be voted out because I knew I wouldn't be able to participate, but I kept hoping that if I hung on for one more day I'd get a chance to contribute.

Thankfully, azn was kind enough to take me out in a not completely humiliating way. I may have gotten bit by a snake, but at least I punched a shark on the way out.

Good game guys.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    ...I don't even know how to answer that without tearing out precious hair that I don't have to spare.

Grundl, can you open up the Bono board to show my jerkosity in all its glory?

http://bonotribehut.proboards80.com/
    Off hand I'm more referring to the obvious organizing which quickly leads to a more confrontational tone to things. It's not inherently jerkish, the jerk bit was about the Dilemma thing.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    !tux for the consolation prize

The puzzles were good, overall.

I should have definitely gotten some of the answers that I didn't (even if I didn't get them first) - but like I said when I was trying to get the Maltans to vote me out, I've been running at diminished mental capacity for some time now (yay stress).

I've only ever seen a couple episodes of Survivor, so from that perspective, I think a bit more clarification on some things could have helped (however to be fair, I should have asked earlier than I did for clarification).

When we got to the merge and I hadn't been voted out yet, I figured I'd just try to win the thing. I feel quite bad about betraying Blarney there - though if I had supported him, he still wouldn't have been able to stay in from the way the votes were looking.

Fembot on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Agreed. !Tux tried to play the game, and devoted alot more time than most, I would think.

Even if he did lie about submitting the final days' answer :P

El Skid on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I said I'd send 'something like foo'. It's not my fault my something had an explanation that almost won. <whistle>

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Opened it up!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh and seeing that Tux didn't win despite my vote, I guess he'll have to settle for a consolation prize

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Excellent, now everyone can see my amazing deductive skills.

Locus on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Tuxkamen has been voted by America as the Sprint Player of the Game. Congratulations.

Your prize is to help me make the second iteration :D.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Mmm, prizes.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png