As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC September Solicitations Previews

Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning.Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Graphic Violence
http://www.newsarama.com//comics/080616-dc-solicits-sept08.html

Featuring:

ssix_cv1_solicit.jpg

FUCKING AWESOME!

fc_rr_cv3slvr_solicit.jpg

FUCKING HILARIOUS IF DC KILLS WALLY

joker_ogn_solicit.jpg

I JUST CREAMED MY PANTS.

Sars_Boy on

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    those are some nice covers.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    eldi_cv1_solicit.jpg

Apparently Crossbones got stuck in the DCU

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    oh fuck yes more Secret Six

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I will laugh so hard if DC kills Wally and expects us to take it seriously.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    They are not going to kill Wally. Rogues Revenge is about the Secret Society and Libra. All the Wally stuff is a red herring.

Furu on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Like Communism.

Furu on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    J'onn, Wally, and Batman would be like a fucking hat trick of my favorite characters.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    okay now it has to happen

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    if they kill wally to bring barry back, i will be furious
    and i don't even read flash or jla

i know a large percentage of their fans grew up watching superfriends when it was new and not on boomerang, but come on

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I mean if they manage to kill all three of my favorite characters in a matter of months I am going to assume that DC actually has it out for me and I am going to make the swankiest tin foil hat you fuckers have ever seen.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Dan DiDio all calling you up. Heavy breathing. Threats.

OH GOD THE CALLS ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Maybe they can all have their own little Heroes Reborn universe just for you Jordyn

Unfortunately Rob Liefield will do the art and it'll be terrible

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ringo this is the 00's.

It'll be Michael Turner.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2008
    sars boy :x

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2008
    oh man that's the new Azzerello Joker story oh man

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    jsav2_cv19_solicit.jpg

D:

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    sooo shiny and yellow
    damn

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm guessing that is Bart Allen seeing as how the mini is supposed to deal with the fallout to his murder. All their lives basically went to shit after they offed Bart, and now they're looking for some pay back. From whom, I have no idea.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    See, Jordyn? It's okay! You... you can put the tinfoil down... that's right... good girl... just put it down...

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Jordyn wrote: »
    I mean if they manage to kill all three of my favorite characters in a matter of months I am going to assume that DC actually has it out for me and I am going to make the swankiest tin foil hat you fuckers have ever seen.

I passed this point some time ago when Beetle, (Son of) Vulcan, Question, and Connor Hawke all got put out of commission within months of each other.

Anyhow, sure looks like some cool stuff is coming up with Secret Six, JSA, and that Joker story.

JLA continues to sound kind of ridiculous though, and and I'm kind of sad they didn't use the old El Diablo designed by Mike Parobeck. Always thought he had a cool costume. But he wouldn't really fit into the kind of story Nitz wants to tell. Oh well.

Munch on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I guess Deadshot's gun fires whipped cream now?

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, Scandal and Knockout find it handy.
    I hope Simone brings back Knockout.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Munch wrote: »

I passed this point some time ago when Beetle, (Son of) Vulcan, Question, and Connor Hawke all got put out of commission within months of each other.

Beetle was killed in March of 2005, Question died in February 2007, Son of Vulcan was not killed but taken out in November 2007, and Connor was not killed in December of 2007.

Only two of those are "within months of each other"

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Keith wrote: »

Beetle was killed in March of 2005, Question died in February 2007, Son of Vulcan was not killed but taken out in November 2007, and Connor was not killed in December of 2007.

Only two of those are "within months of each other"

Of course they are. It's just quite a lot of months.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Keith, why you gotta bust balls?

Munch on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Damn it, so we're already seeing the "Gog is evil" stuff...damn.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Damn it, so we're already seeing the "Gog is evil" stuff...damn.

Well, we're mostly seeing that people fight over religion. Which we sort of knew.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Is Zatanna joining the JLA? She's on the cover.

Also, would you consider Son of Vulcan "in commission" before he was lasered anyway?

Lux on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    See, Jordyn? It's okay! You... you can put the tinfoil down... that's right... good girl... just put it down...

THE HATS OFF, ATTACK HER MIND!

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Lux wrote: »
    Also, would you consider Son of Vulcan "in commission" before he was lasered anyway?

Starred in his own mini-series and had guest appearances in a JSA: Classified arc, Infinite Crisis, and the most recent Titans Tomorrow arc.

I don't know why people feel that just because a character isn't appearing in a major story currently they should just get unceremoniously shuffled offstage. There's a ton of characters that aren't major players, but still have a place in the DCU.

But fuck it, let's just off Slam Bradley as soon as Catwoman gets canned, maybe give Jason Bard some brain-damage, and hey, go ahead and cripple Plastic Man's son Offspring. While we're at it, maybe mention Jack Knight got killed off-panel. Who cares? Not like anyone may actually want to use them at any point in the future.

Munch on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    jsav2_cv19_solicit.jpg

D:

is that damage down on the bottom left

I cant tell

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Damage has the glowy fist.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Citizen Steel seems slow on the uptake.

"There they are! Get 'em!"

"Who do you think we're charging towards? fucking retard.."

Munch on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Citizen Steel seems slow on the uptake.

"There they are! Get 'em!"

"Who do you think we're charging towards? fucking retard.."

Well he IS super-dense.

sorry...

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Starred in his own mini-series and had guest appearances in a JSA: Classified arc, Infinite Crisis, and the most recent Titans Tomorrow arc.

I don't know why people feel that just because a character isn't appearing in a major story currently they should just get unceremoniously shuffled offstage. There's a ton of characters that aren't major players, but still have a place in the DCU.

But fuck it, let's just off Slam Bradley as soon as Catwoman gets canned, maybe give Jason Bard some brain-damage, and hey, go ahead and cripple Plastic Man's son Offspring. While we're at it, maybe mention Jack Knight got killed off-panel. Who cares? Not like anyone may actually want to use them at any point in the future.

if I remember correctly he wasn't even killed, only Power Boy was. So isn't it just like being returned to that backburner limbo he was in before?

Lux on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Damage has the iron fist.

Fixed.

I had assumed that Lance is the "he" who is pronounced dead in the preview snippets, since he's not on the cover, but now I'm wondering if he's Magog?

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    if I remember correctly he wasn't even killed, only Power Boy was. So isn't it just like being returned to that backburner limbo he was in before?

He's in a coma, along with all the other injured Titans East, save Little Barda, Power Boy and Cyborg. Note I specifically didn't say "killed" in my original post. I only stated that each of the characters I'd named had been removed from play in one fashion or another.

Munch on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It'd be nice if they could have gone more than a few issues without reducing Gog to the "seems good, but is actually corrupting all these heroes" crap archetype. There was so much room to be creative...

mattharvest on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Going off that solicitation, we still can't be sure that's the case. It says that some people are happy he's bringing peace to the world, and some aren't. The story could have a morally ambiguous tone, where nobody's really right, but just doing what they think is best.

Also, it's cool to see Hawkman hanging onto the staff he stole from Gog. I always wondered why more low-powered superheroes didn't hang onto the nifty stuff they come across.

Munch on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Going off that solicitation, we still can't be sure that's the case. It says that some people are happy he's bringing peace to the world, and some aren't. The story could have a morally ambiguous tone, where nobody's really right, but just doing what they think is best.

Also, it's cool to see Hawkman hanging onto the staff he stole from Gog. I always wondered why more low-powered superheroes didn't hang onto the nifty stuff they come across.

Yeah, Spider-Man should be running around with Octopus arms and shooting people with Shocker's gauntlets with Rhino's horn haphazardly taped to his head.

Robos A Go Go on