As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX forum

MithrandirMithrandir Registered User, ClubPA regular
[unlurk]

Since the PAX forum is being made a permanent fixture, how about you rename it to something like "All things Penny-Arcade" and it can be the official forum for, well, all things Penny-Arcade related. That way, for instance, when someone wants to come in and congratulate Gabe about the new baby, or wants to say how CTS has inspired their newest cosplay, or whatever...It won't get dumped in EE or something, but rather in the official "Penny-Arcade stuff" forum.

[/unlurk]

Mithrandir on

• Options
    Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2004
    I kinda like having a PAX forum, thanks.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Mithrandir wrote:
    [unlurk]

Since the PAX forum is being made a permanent fixture, how about you rename it to something like "All things Penny-Arcade" and it can be the official forum for, well, all things Penny-Arcade related. That way, for instance, when someone wants to come in and congratulate Gabe about the new baby, or wants to say how CTS has inspired their newest cosplay, or whatever...It won't get dumped in EE or something, but rather in the official "Penny-Arcade stuff" forum.

[/unlurk]

We could do that, or we could just shut it down and let people post generic PA related stuff in EE or H&R.

Hint, hint, Deni. =)

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2004
    pheezer wrote:
    Mithrandir wrote:
    [unlurk]

[/unlurk]

We could do that, or we could just shut it down and let people post generic PA related stuff in EE or H&R.

Hint, hint, Deni. =)

The PAX Forum is Mike and Robert's baby. When I locked it earlier, Robert asked me to unlock it because they see it as a permanent fixture. This makes sense to me.. I don't like speaking for people but I can only assume it was put in the Hot Topic section because no one realized how powerful PAX was going to be.

It is going to be a place for the crew to disseminate info throughout the year about PAX and whatever else they want. I've been asked not to touch it so I won't.

denihilist on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    denihilist wrote:
    pheezer wrote:
    Mithrandir wrote:
    [unlurk]

[/unlurk]

Hint, hint, Deni. =)

The PAX Forum is Mike and Robert's baby. When I locked it earlier, Robert asked me to unlock it because they see it as a permanent fixture. This makes sense to me.. I don't like speaking for people but I can only assume it was put in the Hot Topic section because no one realized how powerful PAX was going to be.

It is going to be a place for the crew to disseminate info throughout the year about PAX and whatever else they want. I've been asked not to touch it so I won't.

GRRR, THAT ROBERT.

GRRR.

Can we at least put it at the bottom of the list of standard forums so it isn't segregating H/A and Linksville off?

Pheezer on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2004
    I like Linksville at the bottom. :?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Keith wrote:
    I like Linksville at the bottom. :?

WELL KEITH, IT'S A JOLLY GOOD THING NO ONE FLIPPIN' ASKED YOU, ISN'T IT?

ISN'T IT, KEITH? YES, I DO THINK SO AS WELL.

Pheezer on
  • Options
    MithrandirMithrandir Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    denihilist wrote:

And so again I say, how about it get relabeled as such - as the official Penny-Arcade part of the Penny-Arcade forums. I just don't think most people will feel as inclined to traffic it 1 or 2 months from now in its current state. So better to transform it now into something which includes PAX but is also representative of other strictly Penny-Arcade stuff.

At great risk of hate-mail, I'm even going to go so far as to suggest that this newly branded Penny-Arcade forum could be host to the New Comic thread for those who don't venture over to H&R much.

I saw the thread in the PAX forum, so I understand how Robert has requested this piece of the forum for themselves, but I don't think he's going to come over here and read this thread. Maybe you could ask him how he feels about just renaming/refocusing that part of the board.

Can we at least put it at the bottom of the list of standard forums

I'd think it would be even better to put it at the top.

Mithrandir on
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2004
    We planned on using it as a tool to communicate with people about PAX throughout the year...

The only reason I put the "Whatever else they want" in there was to emphasize the fact that it is the only part of the board which the PA Crew has expressed any interest in for several years. As such, I'm letting them run that thing and do what they want with it. Right now it seems like they want it to be about PAX and so I think the name should stay.

Of course, what I think doesn't matter at all. What matters is what Mike and Robert think.

denihilist on
  • Options
    Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2004
    I honestly don't see why there should be an entire forum dedicated to the comic. Very little of the discussion that goes on on the on-topic forums actually has to do with the site. The only place that has any kind of dedicated PA "front page" area is the chat forum, and even that is confined to a single series of threads (the New Comic threads), of which only one exists at a time. There's nothing dedicated to, for example, Gabe's sketch dumps or Stormy's Hook-Up column. Most of the discussion that could possibly result from a forum dedicated to the front page and the de facto "site". While the possibility exists of there being a plethora of topics on and about PA if such a forum were to exist, it could also occur in the chat forum. The one problem with that notion is that in reality it simply does not happen. From all of this, it can be said that while logical, and in some case ideal, a forum in the on-topic forums dedicated to PA is unnecessary.

edit: Add to all that what deni had said about one of the site's co-creators and the head coordinator PAX not wanting the PAX forum altered or otherwise tinkered with, and the idea just seems to be unrealistic at this time.

It's a good idea, though. People come up with ideas for forums quite often (most of them of the Hot Topic variety). However, it seems that only those whose discussability and necessity (not to mention mod/admin interest) warrants it actually happen. Can you imagine what G&T would look like without the City of Heroes forum?

Red Machine D on