As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phoenix Epoch 01 Cover-Art

McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
edited June 2008 in Artist's Corner
Fun in the snow.
01cover.jpg

The white thing at the top is where the publisher's logo and price would go. Let me know what you think. Would you pick this up if you saw it in a comic shoppe? I'm going to fiddle with the lighting a bit more this afternoon.

And for reference, here's the suit tech-sheet again.
mars-suit-tech.jpg

website_header.jpg
McGibs on

• Options
    OverlordOverlord Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm really liking it, but I think the title could be moved just a bit over to the left. It feels like its too close to the right side of the page.

Love the guy drawing the smiley face on his visor. :lol:

But yeah if I was walking through a comic store I'd take notice of it.

Overlord on
    sigsh.gif
  • Options
    Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    he's scribbling a smiley face on his suits headpiece. hell yes I would pick that up if I saw it

Asamof the Horrible on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The cover art is awesome enough alone for me to pick it up.
    However I feel the black rows on the top an bottom are somewhat easy, maybe fading the art into black would work better....maybe. I'm not real keen on the font either.

Mustang on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Imagery is amazing as usual. Damn your digital eyes!

I'm not sold on your logotype though. It has a 1920s romantic feel. The name of the particular artist escapes me... But yeah. It's sort of... jazzy? It seems... incongruous, and not in a cool Tarentino way. The saturated colours don't seem to fit the feel of the content either.

Edit: Art Nouveau! That's what I was thinking of.

Yeah. Your logotype is sort of lyrical and romantic and, I dunno, sort of feminine. It's like a typeface you'd see on the toilet door at a Ye Olde English pub saying 'Gentlemen'.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That is one badass cover dude. I laughed.

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    dude i would buy this so hard

Projeck on
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Imagery is amazing as usual. Damn your digital eyes!

I'm not sold on your logotype though. It has a 1920s romantic feel. The name of the particular artist escapes me... But yeah. It's sort of... jazzy? It seems... incongruous, and not in a cool Tarentino way. The saturated colours don't seem to fit the feel of the content either.

Edit: Art Nouveau! That's what I was thinking of.

Yeah. Your logotype is sort of lyrical and romantic and, I dunno, sort of feminine. It's like a typeface you'd see on the toilet door at a Ye Olde English pub saying 'Gentlemen'.

The artist name is Alphonse Mucha.

Gibs....sign me up for a copy! Yes i was just in the comic store yesterday, and this would stick out. I think the Title looks "off" (to the right) because of the logo. You could fix that if you put the White box in the upper right corner, but i don't know if thats allowed. I'm guessing not.
    Then again sometimes they put that and the bar code on the back cover.

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey; Is his right-hand spotlight broken?

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    I love this so much.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ShiboeShiboe Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Very nicely done on the cover art; hillarious way to get the crazy across in one simple picture. I think the title still needs work though, looks simple/unfinished to me. My first thought is to make the logo one of those old style neon-signs as I keep thinking about bioshock and that retro style/lettering. Could also have the image fade to black at the top so the logo can go over it and have something happening behind it, so it's not just black and orange. Hell, the image is awesome enough to let it stand alone and do an interior logo. (wouldn't you want the bar-code on the back?)

Shiboe on
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Aw God, Gibs... I would purchase that comic from a shop so fast, dude. I fuckin' love it.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    God RavenGod Raven Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    hey gibs, remember the portal picture you drew a while ago? it is now on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0UNCnDTEBA&feature=related

God Raven on