As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rainslick as a groomsmen gift

TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
So I got married a few weeks ago, 2 days after release to be precise, which is why I still haven't played it yet. My groomsmen are both big PA fans and I was thinking of getting them each a copy of the game. However, my wife pointed out that just getting someone a 20$ game, particularly one that exists only digitally is kind of lame.

So I was wondering. How can I enhance this? I thought of the contest Ars held with the USB drives that had custom art, and that was pretty neat. Khoo, Vlad do you know if any of those still exist, and can be obtained by the unwashed masses? Or perhaps burning it onto a CD with some art one one of those stick-on labels. A perfect world would be sketches from Gabe drawn for such an occasion, but that doesn't seem likely.

As far as logistics, other than grabbing the deliberately huge podcast, I haven't actually used GreenHouse yet, so what hoops must be jumped through to obtain licenses and associate them with someone who isn't me?

steam_sig.png
Tofystedeth on

• Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Apparently it's on Steam now, so you could gift it to them that way.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Real simple from Greenhouse. You buy the game and they e-mail you a license key. You then download the game from their server and input the key at install.

Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    yuttyutt Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    While what Phanman says is true, there is currently no convenient way to "gift" the purchase. The game will be registered in your name, under the user name you choose, and the address you provide.

If you have this personal information from your groomsmen available, you could probably manage to create accounts in their name. Greenhouse definitely needs a gifting system akin to Steam's, however.

yutt on
  • Options
    sobjwsobjw Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think what he is saying is he'd like it to be something a little more special than just a copy of the game. Like a cool way to present the gift as well as the game itself/

sobjw on
    I live on a farm.
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If they're big PA fans buy them the game and a print of their favorite strips.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    sobjwsobjw Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Ahh, yes good idea. I always forget they do prints of all the strips.

sobjw on
    I live on a farm.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    sobjw wrote: »

Ahh, yes good idea. I always forget they do prints of all the strips.

Me too. I'll look into that. I don't know what the one's favorite strip is, but I have a good idea of the others.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    You could uh, burn the installer to a disc and put a label on the disc of a comic.

JustinSane07 on