As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Intra-forum relations.

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I rarely post in SE++

But I have been infected with their style of speech

Oh god am I doing it right I want to be accepted

Scooter on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    No you're doing it wrong go kill yourself.
    <3

MKR on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    I rarely post in SE++

But I have been infected with their style of speech

Oh god am I doing it right I want to be accepted

bzzt

first off you arent allowed to use capital letters or apostrophes and you used a capital letter

second, you have to use a lot of onomatopoeia and "oh god" just doesnt fucking cut it

also, swear a lot

and make fun of wiggin

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Draw a horse was one of the best inter forum activities ever
    Critical Failures never got a horse ):

It really was.
    Why the fuck didn't we get a horse? :(

Hylianbunny on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Draw a horse was one of the best inter forum activities ever
    Critical Failures never got a horse ):

It really was.
    Why the fuck didn't we get a horse? :(

You did get a horse.
    You had several horses to choose from, in fact. The Draw-A-Horse threads were for everyone, not for just a particular part of the forum.

DarkPrimus on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    See, that's what I'm talking about.

The way we think of a certain part of the forum as "our part of the forums".

While I can see some of the more specific forums being too specific for the uses of some people, really everyone should feel comfortable to post in SE (hanging out) or D&D (serious discussion), shouldn't they?

I hate to bring up the G&T chat thread, but part of the removal of that was to foster the use of SE as a place for those forumers to socialize (as well as a several other reasons which we're not going to bother to go into).

Brolo on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I started going to the forums after the G&T chat threads, can you fill me in on them? I did notice that the employee lounge threads kept veering into chat territory and getting closed because of that.

Also, I just checked out the awesome thread forum, and it's pretty awesome, but I wouldn't say that it would help that much, because 95% of them are from SE++ or D&D.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Spoit wrote: »
    I started going to the forums after the G&T chat threads, can you fill me in on them? I did notice that the employee lounge threads kept veering into chat territory and getting closed because of that.

There's an archive forum, which contains the Last Chat Thread Ever and Whippy's post explaining the rationale behind them going away: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=6755

ASimPerson on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    There were plenty of people who started posting in SE++ because of the demise of the GnT chat thread and didn't have a problem "getting into the swing of things," as it were.

To be fair, there were those that started posting and got shat on, but in all frankness many of them were the people who felt that constantly mentioning their bitterness about having to post in SE++ was something that was supposed to make for good conversation. They were, put another way, the sort of the people who share Pops' opinions in his first post in this thread, who found themselves unable to ignore the illusionary divide between forums.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rolo wrote: »
    See, that's what I'm talking about.

The way we think of a certain part of the forum as "our part of the forums".

While I can see some of the more specific forums being too specific for the uses of some people, really everyone should feel comfortable to post in SE (hanging out) or D&D (serious discussion), shouldn't they?

I hate to bring up the G&T chat thread, but part of the removal of that was to foster the use of SE as a place for those forumers to socialize (as well as a several other reasons which we're not going to bother to go into).

Personally, I've been here from quite some time and for the most part, people are all generally of the same breed. I mean it takes a certain kind of individual to want to sit at a forum, read people's opinions, read people's tidbits of wit and humor, all the while trying to contribute some of your own.

Mind you, you still get a cornucopia of personality types. This is just the way it is.

Personally after carefully observing what went on with the g&t chat forum I'd say get rid of them all. People labelled SE as some sort of shitcock repository. Through careful inspection, one realizes that it's just the usual shitcocks acting shitcocky. Put them in check and you have a pretty rad bunch.

Meiz on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2008
    For awhile, interforum rivalry was a big fucking thing and really sucked, especially between GnT and SE. Also, everybody thought D&D was full of pretentious wanks. It doesn't seem nearly so bad to me anymore. I don't see a whole lot of bickering between GnT and SE, and now everybody knows for certain that D&D is full of pretentious wanks, but that we're a lovable sort. You know, cute and cuddly. Like a Cactuar.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    just the sheer fact that i used to be a GNT mod and now i'm a SE mod says volumes about how much better rivalry is compared to three or five years ago.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    just the sheer fact that i used to be a GNT mod and now i'm a SE mod says volumes about how much better rivalry is compared to three or five years ago.

AND STAY OUT!

edit: for clarification, this is a joke. I actually think Orikae is a cool mod, and would welcome his iron fist back in G&T.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The PA forums are essentially the united kingdom.

The english (GnT) hate the scots (SE), both of them hate the welsh (DnD) and all three hate the irish (everything else).

But its not real hate. it is friendly banter, and if someone foreign comes in here we all collectively jump on them and hate them together.

we are united in our collective hate for the french (gaf?, sa?)

The_Scarab on
    edited June 2008
    French = Cronyx

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited June 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    For awhile, interforum rivalry was a big fucking thing and really sucked, especially between GnT and SE. Also, everybody thought D&D was full of pretentious wanks. It doesn't seem nearly so bad to me anymore. I don't see a whole lot of bickering between GnT and SE, and now everybody knows for certain that D&D is full of pretentious wanks, but that we're a lovable sort. You know, cute and cuddly. Like a Cactuar.

Yeah, I'm sorry I called you a pseudo intellectual fucktwat. I happen to be one myself and it was rather hypocritical of me to do so.

Not to mention that I'm not really that good on the pseudo intellectual front.

Meiz on
    edited June 2008
    Meiz, whatever else you do, however you may succeed in life, you could cure cancer and AIDS in 50 years time, to me you will always be the guy that had to parade that avatar/sig rotator around.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited June 2008
    What can I say? I happen to find humble pie to be rather delicious.

Meiz on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I pretty much post anywhere I please because I talk about games, and then gush over Heroes on D&D, and bounce about Of Dice and Men (NEVER FORGET). I only visit SE++ to check the New Comic thread, which like most of the other threads there devolves into something only recognizable by its depraved denizens.
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    we are united in our collective hate for the french (CAD)

Seeing as I pay for forums (lol), I fixed that for you.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited June 2008

Don't be deceived, G&T. ElJeffe is trying to get on your good side by name-dropping popular elements of the Final Fantasy bestiary. Next he'll mention Tonberries and Chocobos and you'll be inviting him into your lap.

From personal experience, doing so is a bad idea.

Drez on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I post almost entirely in D&D. Not out of forum prejudice, but because I really just can't keep up with other forums. Though I've thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas forum and horse drawing. That said I remember forum prejudice being way worse and don't hesitate to call people out on it.

Because it's a God damn retarded idea anyway.

Quid on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't see any difference between GnT, SE++ or D&D

they are all fags

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Of Dice and Men (NEVER FORGET).

just chiming in to let everyone know that this man is saying words that are important

INeedNoSalt on
    edited June 2008
    AC is a well rendered penis.
    TWB is an impressionistic description of a penis.
    SE++ is a joke about penises.
    D&D is a debate over the proper pluralization of penis (very recently occurred in the politics thread).
    G&T is a thread about Jack Thompson's latest tirade about penises.
    H/A is some dude asking about a spot on his penis (it's lupus).

Ultimately, it all comes down to cocksdickslol. We are all the same.

MKR on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MKR wrote: »
    D&D is a debate over the proper pluralization of penis (very recently occurred in the politics thread).

This right here.

This is the most beautiful, touching thing I've ever read.

Khavall on
  • Grid SystemGrid System Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    But he left out a couple:

GV is people looking at pictures of penises
    CF is people pretending to have bigger penises
    The PAX forum is people who want to touch other penises

Grid System on
    edited June 2008

CF is people pretending to have bigger penises
    The PAX forum is people who want to touch other penises

I probably would have said these things if I were more familiar with the forums, but omitted them because I never go in there. :P

MKR on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The Penny Arcade Adventures forum is for people who want to discuss penis rights management and whether $20 is too much for a penis.

ASimPerson on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    I post almost entirely in D&D. Not out of forum prejudice, but because I really just can't keep up with other forums. Though I've thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas forum and horse drawing. That said I remember forum prejudice being way worse and don't hesitate to call people out on it.

Because it's a God damn retarded idea anyway.

I remember when it was popular in Debate and Discourse to tell someone to "Go back to SE++".

We had some good times back then, much like when we beat up the Irish.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2008
    I sort of like the connotation that SE is the spawn of chaos, spawning extra limbs and developing abilities as our dark god sees fit.

Unknown User on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

stellar

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2008

they are all fags

Yes but in D&D we give you a reach-around.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've mostly stayed in G&T, but maybe I should start posting in SE++. Thinking about it now, I've still been in the mindset of G&T vs. SE++ from way back when, and it's kind of silly for me to be like that. I guess I've always thought that SE++ was a scary place to even visit, but it seems like that's not the case.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
    edited June 2008

they are all fags

In G&T we argue the best way to do a reach-around, and who would give the best ones.

SE++ will start talking about reacharhey jeff how are you what did you have for dinner?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Penises drawn by Jack Kirby.

One Thousand Cables on
    edited June 2008
    darleysam wrote: »

they are all fags

In G&T we argue the best way to do a reach-around, and who would give the best ones.

SE++ will start talking about reacharhey jeff how are you what did you have for dinner?

For dinner, Jeff had a reach around.

Drez on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    The Penny Arcade Adventures forum is for people who want to discuss penis rights management and whether $20 is too much for a penis.
    Or whether or not your penis was going to come (out) on Steam.

SithDrummer on
    edited June 2008
    What have I done?

MKR on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Khavall wrote: »

This right here.

This is the most beautiful, touching thing I've ever read.

do we not even make the cut, we don't get even got a penis =[

INeedNoSalt on
    edited June 2008
    GV is
    takyris wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I sent my parents an advance copy of my work before it is off to print - without giving too much away it is told 1st person with a female protagonist.

There is a romance subplot in there somewhere with a male lead.

Which only seems to reassure my father that I am a flaming homosexual, despite the fact that I have on at least two occasions been caught drunk in bed with a girl when they came home early from their evening soirée at the country home.

So I need to write something butch, super manly. Some kind of alternate reality biopic on Chuck Yaeger fighting bears with his fists in the arctic.

Anything.

Dirk Johnson popped in a fresh clip on his Magnum Eagle .69, spitting out an empty casing. He'd had to pry it from the gunpowder-blackened pistol with tightly clamped jaws, applying unrelenting suction on the barrel until it finally released its spent load. The rogue Palestinian navy SEALs had fallen at the doorway to the nuclear core, and Johnson was hip deep in seamen as he backflipped into the core chamber with the grace that ten years of boot camp had given him.

"That's quite an impressive package," Operative Rammer growled. In the heat of the nuclear core, nestled in the midst of Mount Onan to mask its thermal signature, Rammer had stripped down to a Palestinian black ops loincloth, and the sweat glistened on his burly body, tracing gleaming arcs of light-catching liquid down the edges of his kevlar garter-sheaths, from which a pair of Ukrainian Pinitrator-klass stilettos protruded. "But you'll find it quite impotent in here. This is a Dutch Infernokrusher model nuke. One spark from your piece could activate it!"

"Then I'll handle this up close and personal," Johnson whispered harshly, "just the way an Air Force Ranger likes it." He discarded the spent Eagle with a casual gesture and whipped out his Special Forces Patriot-class Kubaton, 12 inches of weapons-grade polymer capable of dominating soft tissue with brutal thrusting force, mounted with knobs to overstimulate nerves with pressure sensation.

Rammer opened up with the traditional and deadly Tae Kwon Do nerve lock, but Johnson parried, then countered with a series of bone-shattering Aikido kicks that drove Rammer back on his heels. With an Escrima bandana toss that caught Rammer across the eyes, Johnson dove in and tore the garter sheaths from Rammer's gleaming and muscled thighs. Then, lowering his shoulder and remembering his old days as a tight end at Santa Clara, Johnson drove Rammer to the ground with punishing force, straddled him to attain a textbook Yoga leg-lock across Rammer's naked chest and supple upper arms, and forced the Patriot into Rammer's mouth. A series of unrelenting thrusts would cut off Rammer's air, a deadly and unorthodox move Johnson's sensai had called the Tenderloin Takedown.

Then a hot stabbing pain slashed across Johnson's thigh, as Rammer produced another blade! "You forgot about my Israeli suppository weapons training!" Rammer gloated, slashing the saliva-soaked Patriot from his own mouth and then stabbing up at Johnson's throat. "That's a mistake you won't live to regret!"

The blade stabbed into Johnson's shirt... and stopped, glancing away harmlessly.

As Rammer gasped in shock, Johnson tore off his shirt, revealing the spiked leather collar his old sergeant had always insisted Johnson wear, day or night, no matter what. Johnson shattered Rammer's knife-wrist with a Tai Chi knuckle-chop, then moved up, bringing his thighs down on either side of Rammer's throat. As his regulation Teflon codpiece ground into Rammer's trachea, Johnson forced his war-weary pelvis and hips through the motions of the strangulation move he'd learned back in Bangkok, known to the Persians only as Root Chakra Spouting Whale.

"I made a lot of mistakes," Johnson grated, undulating his hips rhythmically over and over while Rammer's eyes bulged in desperate denial, "but you only made one."

With one final unstoppable pelvic thrust, Johnson roared wordlessly and snapped Rammer's neck, then collapsed, gasping and spent, his lungs heaving and his muscles trembling in the rush of post-combat.

"You messed with Unicorn Squad."

in comic form.

MKR on
This discussion has been closed.