As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Solicitations for September 2008

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Graphic Violence
Previews of September solicits are up on Newsarama. As usual, I'll update this post once the full solicits are up.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080617-marvel-sept-solicits.html

Full solicitations are in the above link.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Newsarama wrote:
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #42
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Pencils & Cover by STEVE EPTING

The final chapter of the epic "Death of Captain America" saga is here! The New Captain America, the Falcon, the Black Widow, Sharon Carter - all in a final showdown with the Red Skull and his minions for the future of America!

Fuck yes!
    Newsarama wrote:
    DAREDEVIL #111
    Written by Ed Brubaker
    Penciled by CLAY MANN
    Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
    50/50 Variant Cover by TERRY DODSON

Be there when Matt Murdock first encounters a shocking new face -- Lady Bullseye! Who is she? Where did she come from? What does she want? And will she be a foe to Daredevil...or a friend? We can’t make a peep yet, but it’s the perfect jumping-on point as an alarming new chapter begins in the acclaimed DAREDEVIL run by Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark! LADY BULLSEYE!!

??!!??!!

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You missed the Lady Bullseye stuff? they announced her and had some preview art at Wizard World Philly

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Totally missed it. I'll have to have a look.

Also, while I'm not usually a fan of Greg JustaBitTooHorny, this...

msmarvelann001_cov_col.jpg

...is a really gorgeous cover.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Lady Bullseye D:

daredevil20080531011815oc4.jpg

D:

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Horn has talent, I wish his stuff was a little less shiny sometimes but he's a pretty good artist

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Accault, if anyone has earned the benefit of the doubt it's Brubaker

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    oh shit, a Beast origin one-shot by Mike Carey

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I know, but yeeeegads.

Echo, now that is a good name. Lady Bullseye is not.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Echo is taken

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I sort of like Lady Bullseye. It's kooky and retro.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    how many issues until she's boning Murdoch

I give it 6

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I have typed out five different responses so far but none of them seem to work.

I know Echo is taken, she was a great new addition to DD's world with a great name. I was using her as a parallel to this Lady Bullseye who has a stupid dumb name.

Accualt on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MARVEL APES #1 & 2 (of 4)
    Written by KARL KESEL
    Pencils by RAMON BACHS
    Cover by JOHN WATSON
    Variant Cover For Marvel Apes #1 by RAMON BACHS
    Variant Cover For Marvel Apes #2 by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Flingin' feces, True Believer-- the entire Marvel Universe has gone APE!
    Just when he thinks life can't get any worse or weirder, Marty Blank – a.k.a. that lovable loser, the Gibbon -- finds himself and the brilliant-and-beautiful Dr. Fiona Fitzhugh transported to a world where monkeys rule and humans don't exist!
    SEE the spectacular simian city of Monkhattan!
    MEET the hominoid heroes and villains – SPIDER-MONKEY! DOC OOK! IRON MANDRILL! SIMIAN TORCH! THE APE-VENGERS! And more!
    THRILL to the return of Speedball!
    CONTAINS No-Ads, as we are thrilled to present you backup tales exploring the Apeiverse!
    LEARN the dark secret of the primate planet!
    WORRY that the fate of the entire universe is in the hands of the Gibbon!
    Not a hoax, not a dream, not an imaginary story - just the most not-to-be-missed mini-series of the season! If you only buy one (well, two) comics this month about super-powered, intelligent apes-in-capes, it must be MARVEL APES!

Oh dear... that put me over my monthly monkey-puns limit.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    is it wrong I am getting pumped for the next House of M mini by Christos Gage?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

His Avengers: HofM title was a pleasant surprise and I may check this out but I don't see the need to call it Civil War: House of M. I know it has nothing to do with Millar's Civil War but to some readers it will seem like Marvel trying to milk two summer crossovers in one series.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2008
    well I'm pretty sure that is why they named it that

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Me thinks Marvel has sharks jumping sharks at this point. What's next? House of M: Annihilation Planet World War Hulk Wave Complex? You can only beat a dead horse so long...

KVW on
  • Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah but at least it is about some story points from House of M that were not covered before. Its only got that in the title just to get people to pick it up. At least the story inside sounds interesting.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Here's what it's all been building to! The youngest, most rad members of the X-Men and the Fantastic Four ditch their lame teams and form THE MOST AWESOME DUO IN THE HISTORY OF SUPER-HEROING! Get ready world for ICEMAN and HUMAN TORCH! And Spider-Man shows up too! Chill out and feel the burn!

Okay that is just rad.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The Skrulls have stricken Iron Man with an alien virus that renders his armor and technology useless! But Tony Stark plans for every possibility...so it’s time to say hello to Tony's not-so-little friend—War Machine, weapon of s.h.i.e.l.d.! But can one man, even one as well-armed as James Rhodes, stand alone against a worldwide invasion? A major new chapter in both Tony and Rhodey's history begins here!

This is something I'm looking forward to

smokmnky on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    KVW wrote: »

Me thinks Marvel has sharks jumping sharks at this point. What's next? House of M: Annihilation Planet World War Hulk Wave Complex? You can only beat a dead horse so long...

the first House of M: Avengers mini was good and apparently did pretty well, I dont see why another one is beating a dead horse

2 self contained follow-up minis in 2+ years is hardly saturating the market

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I like what I read about Lady Bullseye from WW Philly. But, man, even I don't care about what happens in Cap anymore.

CW:House of M sounds awesome. So, I could give a fuck about the title.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I like what I read about Lady Bullseye from WW Philly. But, man, even I don't care about what happens in Cap anymore.

You are no longer Crimson Sunset. You are just some git whose posts I read.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Cap is fucking excellent why do you hate good things

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The title is eye-roll inducing, but CW:HoM sounds like it will be awesome. Christos Gage has never steered me wrong, so I'm going to just trust him on this one.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I can't wait for HOUSE OF M: X-CUTIONER'S SONG

Furu on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    House of M: Acts of Vengeance

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    House Party of M

by Reginald Hudlin

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'd buy it

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    House Party of M

by Reginald Hudlin

:^::^::^:

wwtMask on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    Hey! They're bringing Speedball back!

As a monkey!

DMAC on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

You are no longer Crimson Sunset. You are just some git whose posts I read.

He is now CrimsonMAN.

Because only THE MAN could not like Cap.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yes, if anyone makes the establishment uneasy, it's a guy dressed like an American flag.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, yeah. I mean, he can talk shit all he wants about how the American government is fucking up and taking our freedoms, and no one can say anything bad about him, because he's motherfucking Captain America.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Well, yeah. I mean, he can talk shit all he wants about how the American government is fucking up and taking our freedoms, and no one can say anything bad about him, because he's motherfucking Captain America.

That's more or less what happened in Civil War, though, and I don't recall that ending so well for the guy.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »

That's more or less what happened in Civil War, though, and I don't recall that ending so well for the guy.

The 9/11 NEVAR FORGET mentality makes people dumb. That's probably one of the few things Millar got totally correct in the CW series.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    God damn it Squadron Supreme, why do you have to look so awesome when I don't have the moneys for you?

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Full solicits are up. http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080617-marvel-sept-solicits.html

Oh shit, motherfuckers, a new Orson Randall One-Shot!!!
    IMMORTAL IRON FIST: ORSON RANDALL AND THE DEATH QUEEN OF CALIFORNIA
    The minute he saw the dame, Orson Randall knew he was in for a heap of hurt -- all in. But he wouldn’t be the hard-boiled hero he was if he didn’t go sniffing after trouble. Hero? Randall stopped the laugh in his throat. Drowned it in a slug of bourbon. Randall’s no hero. 1920s Los Angeles just ain’t the time or the place for a guy like that. Ain’t the time or place for the Immortal Iron Fist. Orson Randall’s just trying to figure the angle. And if he has to unload his .45s to do it, so much the better. Orson Randall’s just in it for the skirt.

ironfistv2dthqn.jpg

wwtMask on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I love the flares from previous shots...awesome stuff

mattharvest on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I guess we'll see how good this Swierczynski guy is. I have some faith in him since he was hand-picked by Fraction and Brubaker. Orson in hard boiled noir LA has a lot of potential, but it also has a lot of potential to be really derivative.

DouglasDanger on