As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicitations for September 2008

2»

• CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Holy S***
    PUNISHER BY GARTH ENNIS OMNIBUS HC
    Written by GARTH ENNIS
    Penciled by STEVE DILLON, DARICK ROBERTSON, TOM MANDRAKE, CAM KENNEDY, JOHN MCCREA, DOUG BRAITHWAITE & JOE QUESADA
    Cover by TIM BRADSTREET
    The bodies of drug dealers, murderers and the scum of the Earth litter the streets...the Punisher is back — courtesy of writer Garth Ennis! The critically acclaimed creator that brought you Preacher restores one of the most popular characters in the Marvel Universe to his former glory and ultra-violent roots. Stripped of sidekicks, spiritual directives and other excess baggage, the vengeance-crazed vigilante hits the mean streets of New York City with a renewed sense of purpose! Lawbreakers beware: Frank Castle is locked, loaded and waiting for you to slip up! Collecting PUNISHER (2000) #1-12, PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE, MARVEL KNIGHTS DOUBLE SHOT #1, and PUNISHER (2001) #1-7 and #13-37.
    1192 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$99.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-3383-4
    Trim size: oversized

Over 1100 pages of pure Punisher goodness.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How come that includes "PUNISHER (2001) #1-7 and #13-37" but not #8-12? Were those not by Ennis or something?

Delduwath on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Newsarama wrote:
    AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE #17
    Written by DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE
    Penciled by HARVEY TOLIBAO
    Cover by MARK BROOKS

Camp Hammond has been overrun, not just by the occupying Skrull army, but by the SKRULL QUEEN, herself! Well guess what? That's just what the SHADOW INITIATIVE wanted! Join MUTANT ZERO, TRAUMA, BENGAL, CONSTRICTOR, and ANT-MAN as they try this war's most dangerous mission: to take out the SKRULL-SPIDER-WOMAN! That IS why you stayed behind, right ANT-MAN? Also: As 3-D MAN and the KILL KREW carve a green, bloody swath across America, their numbers continue to grow. And in this issue, a classic AVENGER signs up-- and joins the AVENGERS: INITIATIVE ongoing cast!

So we do see some of the initial cast again. Well, Trauma anyway.

*edit* Uh oh.
    runawyv3002_cov_col.jpg
    :(
    Newsarama wrote:
    RUNAWAYS #2
    Written by TERRY MOORE
    Pencils & Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS

The kids are back in town, and LA will never be the same. They’ve set up new digs in Malibu, but will they be able to keep it from being destroyed the first day? The remains of Runaway Karolina’s alien race has come to Earth to get revenge for the millions who died on their homeworld. And they’re pointing their fingers at Karolina and Xavin. All this from comic legend Terry Moore (Strangers in Paradise, Echo) and superstar Humberto Ramos (X-MEN, SPIDER-MAN)!

Goddamit! Another alien invasion?

Desktop Hippie on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    runawyv3002_cov_col.jpg
    Newsarama wrote:
    RUNAWAYS #2
    Written by TERRY MOORE

The kids are back in town, and LA will never be the same. They’ve set up new digs in Malibu, but will they be able to keep it from being destroyed the first day? The remains of Runaway Karolina’s alien race has come to Earth to get revenge for the millions who died on their homeworld. And they’re pointing their fingers at Karolina and Xavin. All this from comic legend Terry Moore (Strangers in Paradise, Echo) and superstar Humberto Ramos (X-MEN, SPIDER-MAN)!

It's not really an invasion. It's a few rainbow aliens coming 'round to bitch at their lesbian queen.

And I gotta say, I am not a fan of Humberto Ramos, but I really like that cover.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited June 2008
    Speaking of awesome covers

mgntot001_cvr.jpg

Looks like it could be a good read too.

Desktop Hippie on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Delduwath wrote: »
    How come that includes "PUNISHER (2001) #1-7 and #13-37" but not #8-12? Were those not by Ennis or something?

yeah apparently not.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »
    runawyv3002_cov_col.jpg
    Newsarama wrote:
    RUNAWAYS #2
    Written by TERRY MOORE

It's not really an invasion. It's a few rainbow aliens coming 'round to bitch at their lesbian queen.

And I gotta say, I am not a fan of Humberto Ramos, but I really like that cover.

Again I ask, why the re-number? Just seems odd to me. Oh well I'm excited to see what Moore has in store for the series. (oh god the rhymes)

smokmnky on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think it's because Marvel, like all right thinking persons, is trying to forget that Whedon's run ever happened.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    After all the delays, rekindling interest is probably a top priority. That means attracting new readers, and a number 1 is, along with an SI Tie-in, the best way to do it next to having Alan Moore or Jesus write the thing.

Robos A Go Go on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Nah, i'm sure they feel that people will feel happier jumping on to a series if they can start at #1.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Runaways will be good again and I'm excited

deadonthestreet on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2008
    I don't think Whedon's Runaways is terrible, but I have no idea if I've missed an issue or not, which is bad.

DJ Eebs on
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, the major issues with Whedon's run for me have been annoyance with the team working for the Kingpin and, first and foremost, the lateness.

It's not exactly a terrible read, all things considered, and once it's all collected I'm sure it'll be a lot more enjoyable.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, the major issues with Whedon's run for me have been annoyance with the team working for the Kingpin and, first and foremost, the lateness.

It's not exactly a terrible read, all things considered, and once it's all collected I'm sure it'll be a lot more enjoyable.

I actually liked that. After all the team have been through, you would expect them to think that they could handle the Kingpin in a negotiation. Just as you would expect the Kingpin to manipulate them perfectly into doing what he wanted. It all rang true for me.

But then I'm a huge Whedon fangirl so it's likely I'm biased. Still, I'm enjoying his Runaways arc. Or I was, back when it was actually coming out.

Desktop Hippie on
    edited June 2008

I actually liked that. After all the team have been through, you would expect them to think that they could handle the Kingpin in a negotiation. Just as you would expect the Kingpin to manipulate them perfectly into doing what he wanted. It all rang true for me.

But then I'm a huge Whedon fangirl so it's likely I'm biased. Still, I'm enjoying his Runaways arc. Or I was, back when it was actually coming out.

I really don't see how working for Kingpin is any better than being part of the Initiative, which is what they chose to run away from.

Nevermind the fact that they rejected their own parents because they were evil criminal masterminds only to, months later, run straight into the chunky bosom of a criminal organization that is functionally the East Coast equivalent of the Pride.

Robos A Go Go on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    yeah, nothing wrong with relaunching the title with the new (hopefully regular) creative team

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Cap is fucking excellent why do you hate good things

I never said I hated it. God and everyone on Earth knows how in love I am with Brubaker and his run on Cap. But like I said I just stopped caring a couple of months ago about this plotline anymore.

Anyway, IMMORTAL IRON FIST: ORSON RANDALL ANDTHE DEATH QUEEN OF CALIFORNIA sounds like classic Swierczynski, so I'm looking forward to it.

Crimsondude on
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, it'll be nice to see Cap, whomever he may be, fight someone else for a change.

Robos A Go Go on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Considering Buckys involvement in Secret Invasion I think we'll get a one-shot crossover in October and then the next arc can happen, whatever it may be.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!