As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring into Action Figures!

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I need these to round out my Green Lantern Minimates:

8780_a_full.jpg

JoeUser on
  • BoboBobo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Preordered my Joker through an eBay reseller. BBTS has them up now for 175 as well.

Bobo on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Snagged some fun stuff today.

2 of the Super Hero Squad Planet Hulk sets.
    Green Scar vs. Silver Savage
    King Hulk vs. Hulkbuster Iron Man

and 2 of the Mighty Muggs.
    Iron Man
    Lando Calrissian

I also saw the Leia and Clone Trooper ones, but didnt get those. I want ALL of the Marvel ones though. and maybe some of the Indiana Jones ones coming out.

ManetherenWolf on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I would probably kill someone for a John Horus mighty mugg.

DouglasDanger on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    i love the henry jones one-

indymightymuggs2.jpg

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    man I really want that joker figure

maybe I can find one at comic con

Sars_Boy on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dr. Jones, Sr. is so copped.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
    edited May 2008
    What does "copped" mean?

I really want some of those Kirby-styled New Gods figures.

DouglasDanger on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    it means gotten

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't get what that device in Batman's hand is on that TDK figure.

Lux on
    edited May 2008
    which TDK Batman figure?

DouglasDanger on
    edited May 2008
    It's called a "Pneumatic Mangler." I think he uses it to bash in a car door in the movie.

Speaking of ...
    20080524ed1e80456989ef1ma0.th.jpg
    1/6 scale Tumbler and Batpod are coming from Hot Toys. I really need to rethink how deep I'm going to go with this line, because it's already getting super expensive. I do wonder if the Tumbler's going to come with a Batman figure like the Powerloader did. At least I haven't ordered one of him yet ...

Bobo on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What does "copped" mean?

"Picked up"

Those New Gods figures are amazing. I want to see what they look like in real life, though.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My Target refuses to restock their Mighty Muggs. This is absolutely infuriating; I really want an Iron Man.

Also, The Dark Knight Joke figure has ridiculous levels of detail. Wish I could afford something like that.

Vann Diras on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bobo wrote: »
    It's called a "Pneumatic Mangler." I think he uses it to bash in a car door in the movie.

Oh, so it's like a high tech brick.

Lux on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited May 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    i love the henry jones one-

indymightymuggs2.jpg

oh my god he has a tiny monkey

oh my god

bad dates

oh my god

Whippy on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    McCly wrote: »
    What does "copped" mean?

"Picked up"

Those New Gods figures are amazing. I want to see what they look like in real life, though.

I picked up Darkseid and Mr. Miracle and they look great.

DMAC on
  • ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I...haven't posted here in like a year. But i've been lurking the hell out of this toy thread. I just thought i would pop in to say i got the entirety of Marvel Mighty Muggs wave 2 today at Target, and they are amazing. If i could only have one Mighty Muggs figure, it would be this Hulk.

Any word yet on the inevitable Transformers and GI Joe Muggs? You know it will happen.

Scumdogg on
    edited May 2008
    Oh yes finally.

I have been looking for the Risso B&W Batman statue for a while now (a few years, I would imagine) and haven't been able to find it at a reasonable price till just recently. Found it for $50 at a comic shop that just opened up here and I don't think the dude knew what he had.

img3836sl8.th.jpg
    img3837pz6.th.jpg
    img3840pz3.th.jpg

Yesssssss

Bobo on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    fuck I didn't even know there was a Risso one

I want that and the Mignola one but you fat chance at finding that

at least I have the Paul Pope one

edit: annnnnnnnnd I hate you

Sars_Boy on
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Woo, Wave 2 acquired!

2m3sk84.jpg

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
    edited May 2008
    God, that Hulk is fantastic.

Bobo on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The Mighty Muggs Lando Calrissian is so great. I'm going to get it today.

Mr Pink on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    0608_dcd_w1.jpg

ManonvonSuperock on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh man I need that Lando. That is fantastic.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Those Mighty Muggs things are pretty neat, but nearly twice the price here in Australia. They go for $25 each, which is currently equivalent to about $23 US. Blegh! Definitely too much for a 6 inch plastic figure.

Edit: Wait, I thought they were $10-15 in the US? They are listing at $20+ on Amazon...

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've seen them for $7.99 in some stores....I guess stuff is a lot cheaper in Kentucky.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I got the Dr. Doom Mighty Mugg. He stands next to my DR. Doom throne figure. Its almost too much awesome for one desk to contain.

Psychotic One on
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So there have been Revoltech versions of Optimus Prime 5113J6Z64NL._SL160_AA115_.jpg and Ultra Magnus, and I knew they were making Megatron 41Kvrmd88IL._SL110_.jpg

How come I didn't know about Starscream 51XwCmhr%2BpL._SL110_.jpg and Hot Rod/Rodimus? 51zRHbI1P2L._SL110_.jpg

I want these so badly.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well they're out right now...

DarkPrimus on
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Well they're out right now...

Yes, I know. Just can't afford them yet, dammit. I already have Optimus and Magnus, so soon.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    edited June 2008
    Magnus will be the one that's hardest to get since he was an exclusive, so good you got him already.

I don't care for them myself, because they're all based off Pat Lee's designs.

DarkPrimus on
    edited June 2008
    Magnus will be the one that's hardest to get since he was an exclusive, so good you got him already.

I don't care for them myself, because they're all based off Pat Lee's designs.

I like the look of them, and while the fun of Transformers is actually transforming them I usually prefer the robot mode anyway. I'm surprised they made Hot Rod though, he never seemed to be that popular.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    edited June 2008
    He was a heck of a lot more popular in Japan, largely due to the fact that after the G1 series ended, the Japanese went on and made like three or four more animated series with G1 characters.

DarkPrimus on
    edited June 2008
    He was a heck of a lot more popular in Japan, largely due to the fact that after the G1 series ended, the Japanese went on and made like three or four more animated series with G1 characters.

Interesting. Back in the day I used to like him a lot. Seeing them again, I realized I didn't really like how he acted - I just thought he looked cool. Still do, really.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
  • Worsel96Worsel96 A Castle in the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The Hot Rodimus figure is pretty cool. I just got it for Father's Day. You can pose him any way you like, just like the others but he comes with a stand so you can pose him in jump kicks or flying through the air firing both guns. Very cool accessory for a great figure line. Wish they were a little cheaper though.

Worsel96 on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Virral wrote: »
    Those Mighty Muggs things are pretty neat, but nearly twice the price here in Australia. They go for $25 each, which is currently equivalent to about $23 US. Blegh! Definitely too much for a 6 inch plastic figure.

Edit: Wait, I thought they were $10-15 in the US? They are listing at $20+ on Amazon...

Which ones are you looking for?

JoeUser on
    edited June 2008
    It wouldn't matter, Amazon don't ship toys internationally as it turns out. I'd love to get pretty much all of the Marvel ones, and I quite like some of the Star Wars/Indiana Jones ones too.

$25 a pop is just too much to justify though :/

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Virral wrote: »
    It wouldn't matter, Amazon don't ship toys internationally as it turns out. I'd love to get pretty much all of the Marvel ones, and I quite like some of the Star Wars/Indiana Jones ones too.

$25 a pop is just too much to justify though :/

Why does Amazon hate foreign children?

Robos A Go Go on
    edited June 2008
    They didn't used to... I bought a bunch of Dremel stuff from Amazon recently (like a few months ago), and at the time Amazon shipped tools/toys/games etc. Now they are back to just shipping books and DVDs, no idea what prompted the change.

The problem with Australia is that it's a small market, so there is no real drive to offer a good deal. And since the Aussie dollar has climbed to over 90 US cents, when it used to be closer to 50 cents, what used to be expensive everywhere is now dramatically cheaper overseas when compared to local prices. That's why I order my trades from Amazon, because it's cheaper having them shipped half way across the world than buying them from my LCS.

You guys would be horrified on what I spend on postage on top of my actual books.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.