As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hellgate: London † Time to learn Korean?

• RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well I can't decide between my Marksman and my Evoker so I'm leveling both of them. I don't know how much room is in the guild, but I'd love to have both of them in. Otherwise, just the Marksman. The marks is Nouvelle and the evoker is Thesenis.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Is there a viable evoker build that ignores all the drain and fear crap on the left side? The rest of the skills just sound more fun.

captaink on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    good runs tonight

i didn't get squat but it sounds like you guys got a pretty decent haul so it was not all for naught

also: level 50 rank 12, choo choo

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey Jim, what build do you use for your marksman? I haven't spent a single point yet at level 14, and I'm starting to get my ass handed to me (fuck that 314 mission in the ass).

JonnyBot on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    Is there a viable evoker build that ignores all the drain and fear crap on the left side? The rest of the skills just sound more fun.

That depends. Do you like actually having power to use your skills with?

Echo on
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    good runs tonight

i didn't get squat but it sounds like you guys got a pretty decent haul so it was not all for naught

also: level 50 rank 12, choo choo

Yeah fun times. When everyone is 50 I imagine we will blow through him in a couple minutes. No dyes makes me a sad panda though. Nice work catching up Jim, I am just a sliver away from rank 15 but was too tired to even attempt that last night.

corin7 on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hit 46 yesterday, though I wish I'd listened to my gut and logged in. I take it you were Moloch farming? Oh well, I've got the zone open, and am 1 essence short of a full set that'll let me go get another head set as well.

I peeked into Moloch's zone around 44 or 45, and then hightailed it outta there.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited June 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Hit 46 yesterday, though I wish I'd listened to my gut and logged in. I take it you were Moloch farming? Oh well, I've got the zone open, and am 1 essence short of a full set that'll let me go get another head set as well.

I peeked into Moloch's zone around 44 or 45, and then hightailed it outta there.

Yeah we dropped him 3 times. You could take him I imagine but you may as well wait until you are grouped with some 50s. You will get better items.

corin7 on
  • WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm just shy of 24, farming Moloch's Step and Necro Falls gets a little boring, but I wanna level now, and I'll head back into the main game to finish for Nightmare.

Jin's Chromium Dragon is fun stuff, it's a one handed flame thrower with just shy of 200 ignite at level 23. Range sucks a bit, but it's igniting and burning a hole through everything even at 25% beam power. Although it still can't ignite Moloch, but I expected that.

Also why didn't anyone tell me that Elemental Beacon upgrades to the standard beacon? I don't see why you wouldn't dump some points into it.

WillisIVIIX on
    edited June 2008
    Echo wrote: »

That depends. Do you like actually having power to use your skills with?

Sort of. Is drain power actually important later on?

captaink on
  • IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I finished the game last night on normal. I kinda don't get the ending tho. Anyways, should I farm a bit before I hit nightmare mode or take the plunge so to speak. 31 Engineer!

IvanIssacs on
  • SvidrigailovSvidrigailov Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    rootofallevilqw1.jpg

ohmy.gif

Svidrigailov on
    Neither the whole of truth nor the whole of good is revealed to any single observer, although each observer gains a partial superiority of insight from the peculiar position in which he stands. It is enough to ask of each of us that he should be faithful to his own opportunities and make the most of his own blessings, without presuming to regulate the rest of the vast field.
    edited June 2008
    rootofallevilqw1.jpg

ohmy.gif

Sign of the devil and you have more money than me... fucker. =)

corin7 on
    edited June 2008
    I need to stop rerolling....

JonnyBot on
    edited June 2008
    exist wrote: »
    corin7 wrote: »
    Kass wrote: »
    corin7 wrote: »
    Invites sent to wormwood and badpanda.

I see how it is... just ignore my poor, little evoker. :P

Throw an invite to Paiter when you get a chance.

Invite sent.

Exo-st still needs one too.

I sent you an invite Sunday night, just fyi.

corin7 on
  • WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So build 2 of 2.0 is up on the TC now. The various changes to the patch are here in orange.

TC 2.0 Patch notes

A couple good things, the mob damage reduction seems a bit steep, but I'm not hitting the TC until,

A) The skill scroll dude is in
    B) They do some more changes to Summoner since my MM isn't transfered over
    C) Fix the # of hellrifts closed message, I hate wandering around without knowing which I need to close

But this is the second step of many to come I'm sure.

WillisIVIIX on
  • KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I got my new graphics card squared away I think, at least after I install some new drivers.

All I need to upgrade now is my CPU and I'll be golden.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited June 2008
    I'm rather interested in the new dungeon comming out. The new engy skills look pretty cool. More ae skills!

IvanIssacs on
    edited June 2008
    JonnyBot wrote: »
    Hey Jim, what build do you use for your marksman? I haven't spent a single point yet at level 14, and I'm starting to get my ass handed to me (fuck that 314 mission in the ass).

oh dang didn't see this my bad

it depends what you want: stand and fire or run and gun

stand and fire puts points in that sitting down stance, then in strikes + then crit to multi shot (or rapid fire, whichever one is below the +crit one)

run and gun is mostly based around ravager rounds and multi shot (same one i was talking about before), i think devoir wrote a post up about it, i will find

edit 1:
    devoir wrote: »
    As I said in my first post about this...

Get ravager and use it as your LMB. Get multishot and use it whenever it's up. It's a 30 second cooldown and will plough through anything that you're fighting at the time, be it a boss or a huge swarm of monsters. It indirectly synergises with ravager, especially when you're fighting a large group of monsters.

Ravager will significantly hasten killing any group of monsters. If you're fighting a single, it should die quickly anyway. If it doesn't, that's what multishot's for.

Get beacon, use it on your RMB. Use it on everything. It's cheap, cooldown is quick.

If you want to cheeze everything, use a fire-damage gun and load it up with ignite based mods. If you do this, then get elemental beacon.

Assuming you don't get any +skills, a cookiecutter build based on what I've said above would look like this at 50. http://hellgate.ingame.de/charplanner/marksman/?l=50&aa=0&a=00000000&s=0000a010700a40070000000a000

Strikes and grenades have their uses, but that's pretty much the stock standard run and gun build.

edit: well while i'm here,
    Laurluna wrote: »
    Are Rocket Launchers decent MM weapons, or should I be looking for a better Automatic or Lazer rifle?

it depends on your skills, really: if you are focusing on strikes then a slow weapon is fine, but most everything else prefers a faster weapon really

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    In my experience, Ravager Rounds is worthless. If it's done anything at all I haven't really noticed it.
    This is my current build at level 46. link (I have a +1 to skills helm so take that into account)

I invested points into grenades and strikes late in the build and they are so much more useful than Ravager Rounds.

If I could respec right now my build would look like this. link (With the +1 helm and +3 to Beacon from Lee's Lightlance)

Squirrel Rancher on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Most times if I get a bunch of imp troops, fire at the lead one, by the time he's dead, the others in the group are half dead. If I have a group of four, the last one or two tend to die before I target them due to the ravager rounds.

devoir on
  • Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I can't say I've ever experienced anything like that before. Sometimes I'll see an enemy flashing red when it's right next to another one I'm shooting at, but it hardly ever happens and I've never seen a noticable amount of damage dealt to that enemy.

With Phase Grenade and the shield penetration synergy from Flashcracker, I can kill small groups of weak, unshielded mobs, or at the least phase and remove shields from a group, making it much quicker to kill them.

With the strikes, I can kill groups of mobs even if they are spread apart. At level 1, Napalm Strike can kill an entire group of imps before they even notice me and start running. With the increased radius synergy from Shock and Awe I won't even need to aim where I throw the strike.

I'm just saying I put 9 points into Ravager Rounds and I've hardly seen any return on those points. I put 4 points into the grenades and strikes and I clear out groups of mobs faster than I have ever before. To me, the points I put into Ravager could have been put into making the already effective strikes even more powerful.

Squirrel Rancher on
    edited June 2008
    It would sound like your gun is weaker than mine, relative to level, and you have far more power points to waste.

Edit: That or the damage curve on the strikes is a lot steeper at the higher levels.

devoir on
    edited June 2008
    I'll probably go something like this once 2.0 drops

I have a gun that does all types of damage, and about 200 elemental attack strength for each type of damage, so that with the elemental vision with the elemental expertise should have me sitting at 160% increased elemental attack strength

if i ever find the mods i'm looking for i will do so much (more) damage

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
    edited June 2008
    Before I stopped playing at the end of last year, the pure "increases damage by %" mods seemed to be much more common, especially at the crafters. I haven't seen a single one since I started playing again.

devoir on
    edited June 2008
    I have a gun that does all types of damage, and about 200 elemental attack strength for each type of damage,

Because of mods, or naturally?

captaink on
    edited June 2008
    I have a gun that does all types of damage, and about 200 elemental attack strength for each type of damage,

Because of mods, or naturally?

naturally

called dunbar's disruptor, and it is awesome

i have used it since level 24 (through the nano forge) and it's soooo gooood

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm loving my Guardian (which by the way needs a guild invite, shes's "Katrinas") at the moment, partly because of my awesome Legendary Volcanic Firebrand and partly because she seems to unkillable. I actually started reaaranging my inventory during the boss fight of act 2 and it just couldn't seem to hurt me enough to counter my regen aura.

Not sure what to do with regards to skill points though I figured I'd max out the regen aura, then fill out the shield tree and then get the increased aura radius or something.

Also I've tried a few times to get into it, but I still don't "get" my evoker. The focus item thing makes sense, but what's up with the other 2handed guns? And why does she seem to do almost no damage to anything. The class seems pretty cool int theory, but in practice I don't understand it at all.

-SPI- on
  • SvidrigailovSvidrigailov Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Just three levels to fifty, but the TF2 Pyro patch comes out tomorrow... D:

Svidrigailov on
    Neither the whole of truth nor the whole of good is revealed to any single observer, although each observer gains a partial superiority of insight from the peculiar position in which he stands. It is enough to ask of each of us that he should be faithful to his own opportunities and make the most of his own blessings, without presuming to regulate the rest of the vast field.
  • redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's my day off, I just built my relatively monstrous new PC, and my WoW account expired six hours ago.

Installing now.

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Did they fix engineer's bots to be decent? At $20 this game might be worth picking up for a spell if they're no longer buggy as shit. Also, still no blood or anything? That was always really awkward. Hey, I'm plastering this zombie with bullets.. and they just disappear.

JAEF on
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    Well I can't decide between my Marksman and my Evoker so I'm leveling both of them. I don't know how much room is in the guild, but I'd love to have both of them in. Otherwise, just the Marksman. The marks is Nouvelle and the evoker is Thesenis.

I'd love an invite sometime. I'm sure I'm still much too low of a level to party with anyone, but it would be nice to have someone to talk to so I don't go crazy.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
    edited June 2008
    JAEF wrote: »
    Did they fix engineer's bots to be decent? At $20 this game might be worth picking up for a spell if they're no longer buggy as shit. Also, still no blood or anything? That was always really awkward. Hey, I'm plastering this zombie with bullets.. and they just disappear.

engineers are hard as shit, from what i hear

no blood, but corpses linger for a while

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    JAEF wrote: »

engineers are hard as shit, from what i hear

no blood, but corpses linger for a while
    I don't understand how an M rated game does not at the very least have blood decals.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited June 2008

I'd love an invite sometime. I'm sure I'm still much too low of a level to party with anyone, but it would be nice to have someone to talk to so I don't go crazy.

I will get you an invite off tonight.

Sorry I have been M.I.A. this week, a buddy has be bringing his psp over for some monster huntering. That game has me by the balls currently. But today is my friday and I am going to be on a bit over the weekend so lets get some moloch runs in. If we get a full group to 50 we can even go looking for dessi. I have yet to see that fucker.

corin7 on
    edited June 2008
    I downed Moloch last night and got a Lee's. How do I mod it? I was thinking fire dmg and ignite mods...I don't know! Also I hit 35 last night on the engineer. Damn they're fun to play. I need to make things more burny.

IvanIssacs on
    edited June 2008
    50 seems like a long ways away for me. But I'll do my best.

JonnyBot on
    edited June 2008
    I just talked with Tandril looks like we are definetly going to do a few moloch runs tonight. Jim you gonna be on? Won't be the same without you.

corin7 on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I have 2 legendary pairs of pants, I'm not going to give the full details for each because only one is important for each set. The first pair is worth about 450 pal, has +65 luck and has 31 armor, the second pair is worth about 350 so 100 less, but has +7 willpower, and 33 armor. Keeping in mind that I'm a Guardian and willpower is very important to me, which should I stick with? I'm asking because I'm not exactly certain how important luck is.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited June 2008
    Someone in chat was bitching last night that luck only affects whether or not a given drop is white. Once it's "special" it has the same chance to be green or blue or whatever. They said that made it crappy. They may be right, but I say that it would increase your chance to get oranges and stuff just by having more rare loot drop.

captaink on