As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wizard Chicago, Artitst's Alley

Deep FriedDeep Fried Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Artist's Corner
I will be setting up in Chicago's AA next week, and I am bringing some super hero pin-ups to seel along with pages from my comics Deep Fried and Weapon Brown. Below are some samples of what I will be bringing. I'd love to get some feedback!

The art is all pen and ink on bristol, 11 X 7, colored with marker (except Hellboy, which is an 11 X 14 watercolor).

WOLVERINE-LOREZ.jpg
MYSTIQUE-LOREZ.jpg
POWERGIRL-LOREZ.jpg
IRONMAN-LOREZ.jpg
HELLBOY-LOREZ.jpg

DF-BANNER_WEAPON-BROWN.gif
Deep Fried on

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    The Wolverine's my favorite. I love the high contrast inking and minimal color.

The Hellboy piece reminds me of another artist's work but I can't put my finger on it... Maybe a little bit of Eric Powell? Great work all around.

My only real crit is that the women's eyes feel too far apart. It's one of those things that can be chalked up to style to a degree but the standard is one eye's width between the eyes.

DMAC on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Powergirl's hair looks a little different than I'm used to, but other than that this all looking good. Nice colouring job, I like the low-saturation marker look.

Brolo on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Good work, all around.

I like the expression on Tony's face. The subtle angle of the eyebrow just makes me imagine that he's thinking something along the lines of "Damn, I'm good!".

I also enjoy the Mystique, although her torso seems to lack depth and seems really flat (from a perspective standpoint, rather than bustline) in comparison to her legs striding forward.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai