As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

1141516171820»

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I wanted to return to say, Fuck Galactus, and all the other timed button pressing bullshit. It isn't bad enough that the numbers are on the wrong positions on the screen, but even when I do press them correctly some appears to be split second accurate and I still mess it up. I've given up for tonight just before that "battle" because no amount of precise key pressing will please the stupid game. =\

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I wanted to return to say, Fuck Galactus, and all the other timed button pressing bullshit. It isn't bad enough that the numbers are on the wrong positions on the screen, but even when I do press them correctly some appears to be split second accurate and I still mess it up. I've given up for tonight just before that "battle" because no amount of precise key pressing will please the stupid game. =\

What console are you playing this for? Because I know on the 360 version that shit was easy. Really, really easy.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited January 2007
    Fiaryn wrote:

What console are you playing this for? Because I know on the 360 version that shit was easy. Really, really easy.

PC, with a Logitech Cordless Wingman, with remapped buttons.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yea, I played PC and the 'minigames' were definitly the worst part of the game. I mean, the spacebar icon would pop up at the top of the screen, and it took me forever to get my fingers to stop hitting the top button. And I think the button has to be held down too, if I just hit it I would fail.

Scooter on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    WHY AM I FIGHTING DARK ELVES AND UNDEAD VIKINGS?

Seriously, holy retarded. I thought the opening level was cool, Omega base was kinda more of the same but still ok ... and arcade's place was kinda fun/funny ... but why am I fighting supersoldier/trolls that look like WoW orcs, and dark elves, and undead vikings ...

Yes, how dare Marvel take the orcs and dark elves that WOW and Dungeons and Dragons invented and put them in the Norse Mythology section of the game...

oh, wait... you're a freaking idiot.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Time based stuff was a goddamn breeze in the Wii version, too.

All swinging the wiimote in one direction.

Also, in Murderworld, I just discovered during the Outbreak mini-game, if the ball lands on your team, you die.

Fucker took out my whole team besides me.

Was not fun.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited January 2007
    Time based stuff was a goddamn breeze in the Wii version, too.

All swinging the wiimote in one direction.

Also, in Murderworld, I just discovered during the Outbreak mini-game, if the ball lands on your team, you die.

Fucker took out my whole team besides me.

Was not fun.

I did that to my guys just for fun. I make it a point to save often, even if I have to go 2 zones back to hit the SAP.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • TroubledTomTroubledTom regular
    edited January 2007
    Little help? I've checked some online walkthroughs but none were helpful.

I'm stuck in the Valley of Spirits, in the Ancients Hall. This is the floor with the gong on a center platform all by itself, and a single rope. There's only one door out and it's in a small room all by itself. I can't seem to get it open. This is the Wii version if it matters.

TroubledTom on
    Wii friend code: 8704 3489 1049 8917
    Mario Kart DS: 3320 6595 7026 5000